Author Topic: Prepping In Small Spaces (Apt.s, trailers, tiny homes)  (Read 540 times)

Offline MPMalloy

• huh?
  • Reactions:
Re: Prepping In Small Spaces (Apt.s, trailers, tiny homes)
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2021, 06:42:12 PM »
This is waaay off-topic for the thread and I apologise to anyone reading this in future weeks/month/years.
I cannot imagine replacing my copy of Watership Down with a kindle version.
Actual fact: Watership Down is a real place and I live close enough that I can walk there, from my home, and back in a day.
And yes, it has rabbits. Plus seasonal sheep.
I demand pictures of the actual Watership Down. Bonus points if there's a bunny in the pics!  :smiley_clap:
No bunnies but here are some photos I took today. I confess I drove most of the way there, only walking the last mile or so.

This is the footpath up to Watership Down. The soil is thin and the underlying rock is a mixture of chalk and flint. You can see the white rocks amongst the mud. It isn't obvious in the photo but this is a steady uphill climb.

Taken near here looking NW.

Turns out there was a cross-country marathon being run and Watership Down was on the route. The local HAMs were providing comms support. There was a realy station / repeater near the highest point of the hill.

Taken near here looking SW.

The cloud base was low and Watership Down was shrouded in mist. The Down is mostly managed for training race horses; those are steeplechase jumps you can see with the square cut trees.

Taken from the same place as the previous photo, looking E.

There is a tree planted on the Down to comemorate the book and its author Richard Adams. I think its a beech tree.

The tree has a small plaque attached to its protective fence (the fence stops sheep and deer eating the tree).

Tree and plaque here, photos taken looking S.

Another shot of the Down showing various horse racing features. It does leave the grass cropped short and probsbly suits rabbits.

Taken near here, looking SE.
AWESOME!!! :smiley_clap:

Offline RoneKiln

• Perpetual Newbie
  • Paid Member
  • Reactions:
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 09:43:40 PM »
This is waaay off-topic for the thread and I apologise to anyone reading this in future weeks/month/years.

We demanded it, and you are our hero for obliging us.

Or at least you're my hero for obliging us. Anyone else complaining can meet me in the alley out back.  :smiley_hammer:
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Offline Lambykins

• Official Forum Goat Wrangler
  • Possums always survive.
  • Reactions:
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2021, 06:47:44 AM »
Watership Down looks gorgeous!
Thanks for getting the pics.
Would love to visit there!
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

Offline Ever (Zombiepreparation)

• Reactions:
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2021, 10:30:13 PM »
I live in a crowded multi level apartment building. I got nothing like those sweet pics to look at. Too bad too. 😀

And speaking of crowded apartment prepping, pandemics aren't a bad prep idea.

As we're in one right now I found people who've given good thinking to air purification in small spaces like small apartments.

Some pretty 👍 thinking.

I write about it (with links and pictures) Here.
-- Nothing hurts like feeling you're safe, and then, having someone with power over you take it away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk