California votes out bacon

Started by flybynight, July 31, 2021, 08:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moab

Quote from: boskone on August 02, 2021, 05:43:57 PM
Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on August 02, 2021, 05:06:45 PM
Quote from: Mr. E. Monkey on August 02, 2021, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: NT2C on August 02, 2021, 03:21:11 PM
Yeah, okay, that was in really poor taste, but any of you smartasses who deny having a similar thought about it is lying.  :smiley_thefinger:

I bet the explosives taste even worse.  :smiley_bagonhead:

You just know there's at least one Marine out there who has licked a brick of C4 on a dare or while bored on deployment.
I don't know a Marine who has...but I know a former EOD tech who wouldn't confirm he had, but did state that it tastes bad even with Tobasco.

My platoon in the Corps went to train with eod. But really it was just an excuse to blow up an old cement rappelling tower that had fallen down.  We helped them form a basketball of c4. And we flipped this massive concrete structure 100 feet in the air and then it flipped. Huge blast. Fun day.

But when we got back to our barracks. Everyone started emptying their pockets to brag about how much c4 we each had stolen. Lmao. It literally was a small coffee can full. Then these savages started to try to get small bits of it to explode. Guys were stomping on it. And all sorts of stupid shit. Nobody got a lift off. And our sgt (one of the stupid stompers) finally took it all and disposed of it. But one blasting cap and wed have had a field day! Lol.

I dont recall licking it. But im sure we all did at some point. Marines right?!!! Lol.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Moab

Quote from: RoneKiln on August 02, 2021, 10:23:47 PM
In addition to higher expense for the farmers will be the higher expense in tracking which meat is CA compliant and which isn't. Greater complexity in distribution systems often leads to greater vulnerability.

The law impacted other types of meat as well. The pork industry is just lagging behind worse than the other types of meat.

Even with stable distribution systems, this will further strain lower income families. Double the cost of all my food and I'll be ticked, but I can afford it. Add 30% to the cost of meat for a large family already on a very tight budget, and they may be really hurting.

Have you seen the price of chicken?!! At least here in cali its gone from 79 cents to $1.79 to $2.50 a lb. Its crazy. A package of chicken costs $9! I couldnt imagine having a large family right now.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RoneKiln

Quote from: Moab on August 02, 2021, 10:31:39 PM
Quote from: RoneKiln on August 02, 2021, 10:23:47 PM
In addition to higher expense for the farmers will be the higher expense in tracking which meat is CA compliant and which isn't. Greater complexity in distribution systems often leads to greater vulnerability.

The law impacted other types of meat as well. The pork industry is just lagging behind worse than the other types of meat.

Even with stable distribution systems, this will further strain lower income families. Double the cost of all my food and I'll be ticked, but I can afford it. Add 30% to the cost of meat for a large family already on a very tight budget, and they may be really hurting.

Have you seen the price of chicken?!! At least here in cali its gone from 79 cents to $1.79 to $2.50 a lb. Its crazy. A package of chicken costs $9! I couldnt imagine having a large family right now.

There's a nice 2 story craftsman for sale up here one block over from me and 2 blocks from a microbrewery. I'd help ya unload the moving truck and have a big pack of bacon waiting for you.  :drinking01:
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

boskone

Man, that's rough.  Food's up here, but not nearly that bad; chicken's still $2/lb for boneless skinless breasts.  (Up to $4.50 for schmancy organic free-range etc.)

Quote from: RoneKiln on August 02, 2021, 10:40:18 PM
There's a nice 2 story craftsman for sale up here one block over from me and 2 blocks from a microbrewery. I'd help ya unload the moving truck and have a big pack of bacon waiting for you.  :drinking01:
Well, I dunno about a microbrewery, but I know a nice suburban place a couple hours from the coast I could get Moab a line on...;)

flybynight

"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

Moab

Quote from: boskone on August 02, 2021, 10:56:10 PM
Man, that's rough.  Food's up here, but not nearly that bad; chicken's still $2/lb for boneless skinless breasts.  (Up to $4.50 for schmancy organic free-range etc.)

Quote from: RoneKiln on August 02, 2021, 10:40:18 PM
Well, I dunno about a microbrewery, but I know a nice suburban place a couple hours from the coast I could get Moab a line on...;)

My wife got her heart transplant 3 months ago. So were moving to WA in a year. I know ive said it before. But this time im going with or without her. ;)

I want to live so far out i can pee off my front porch. And no one will care. And no i dont mean Detroit. ;)

NT2C

Quote from: Moab on August 03, 2021, 07:55:54 PM
I want to live so far out i can pee off my front porch. And no one will care. And no i dont mean Detroit. ;)
Hell, there's neighborhoods in L.A. where you can do that. :shades: :shades:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

boskone

I want to live so far out i can pee off my front porch. And no one will care.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who described my dream house in such terms.

Moab

Quote from: boskone on August 03, 2021, 08:28:16 PM

Lmao.

This is the first time this new place (ufozs) has felt like home. :)

Mr. E. Monkey

I am about far enough out I could get away with it...but my wife would tear me a new one.  :gonk:
Quote from: SMoAF'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: BeowolfDisasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bushTHE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

Raptor

Quote from: Moab on August 03, 2021, 08:37:36 PM

Lmao.

Welcome home! We are glad to have you here. Put your feet up; stay awhile.
The bathroom is the 1st tree on the left. :smiley_coolpeace:
Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

Lambykins

Quote from: Raptor on August 04, 2021, 10:20:54 AM

Lmao.

But...but....what about the sink?
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Lambykins on August 04, 2021, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: Raptor on August 04, 2021, 10:20:54 AM

Lmao.

That's the back up in case the tree is occupied.

flybynight

My favorite  expression was always " I want to live so far back , that when I see a truck  on the road five miles out . I know I have visitors coming.
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

boskone

I don't get the question.

If there's a sink outside, it's for cleaning birds and such.

If there's no sink, just get some more dirt on your hands to cover the germs.  :icon_crazy:

Mr. E. Monkey

I don't care how isolated I am, I'm not doing a #2 off the front porch!   :icon_crazy:

NT2C

Quote from: Mr. E. Monkey on August 04, 2021, 03:14:22 PM

I don't care how isolated I am, I'm not doing a #2 off the front porch!   :icon_crazy:
Okay, but that means you're gonna have to pick it up and fling it off the porch like any other monkey would do. 

(12_Gauge_Chimp would just use the outhouse like any other civilized creature)

Current Weather in My AO

RoneKiln

This is why we can't have nice things.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Mr. E. Monkey

Quote from: RoneKiln on August 05, 2021, 08:21:27 PM
Hey, they knew what I was when they let me in...

NT2C

Quote from: Mr. E. Monkey on August 06, 2021, 08:06:00 AM
Quote from: RoneKiln on August 05, 2021, 08:21:27 PM
Hey, they knew what I was when they let me in...
Have you heard of the concept of "perpetual probation"?   :smiley_devil:

Current Weather in My AO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk