Albert

Started by albert, June 09, 2021, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albert

Hi y'all.

I just saw the notice on zs about the shutdown.  So, I've registered here.

Now, for a bit about me.  I'm a long-time prepper, even back before prepping was cool, primarily as a result of having grown up during the Cold War (I'm in my early 60s.).  I spent over 8 years on a local governmental disaster/emergency response team ("I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."  Yeah, right.).  I have an Extra Class amateur radio license.  I've owned and used firearms for most of my life.  I live on a small farm, in an isolated rural area, with my horses, although I work professionally as a cryptographer (Seriously.  But, I can't say much more about that here.).  Oh, yeah, I've had a couple of short stories published.

boskone

Sounds like you'll be a good fit 'round here.  Glad to see you come over.

Lambykins

Quote from: albert on June 09, 2021, 06:34:05 PM
I live on a small farm, in an isolated rural area, with my horses..<snip>
What kind of horses? Got any pictures? Just for riding or have you trained them to pull carts or plow or be pack horses?
As you can see, I am only interested in the best part of your intro.
Also, I love horses. And cattle. And goats. And...well, almost any kind of animal...
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

NapalmMan67

Welcome.  My grandfather used to have horses, I miss them and gramps too.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc-  Not just pretty words.

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

Hi, right back at cha!

albert

Belgian Heavy Draft Horses.  Max, the big one, is 18.1 hands-high (which is 6'1" at his withers/shoulder).  They're both over 2000 pounds, and have been trained to pull, and have been ridden, although they are VERY rough riding.  Mostly, though, they're just big pets.  :-)

Raptor

Welcome to the forum!

Please do feel free to post your short stories here!
Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk