How well does that Lifestraw you bought on sale really work?

Started by NT2C, April 18, 2022, 11:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

Moab

I haven't watched the video. But doesn't the specs on a sawyer squeeze comoletely blow away the lifestraw? 
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Anianna

Quote from: Moab on April 05, 2023, 04:58:22 PMI haven't watched the video. But doesn't the specs on a sawyer squeeze comoletely blow away the lifestraw?
I hadn't heard of the Sawyer Squeeze.  Looks like the Sawyer can filter to 0.1 microns (the Lifestraw filters to 0.2) and the Sawyer can filter a lot more (100,000 gallons compared to 264 gallons).  I wouldn't toss out my Lifestraws to replace, but I'll add some Sawyers to my kit and gift some to my kids. 
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

Moab

Quote from: Anianna on April 05, 2023, 06:12:02 PM
Quote from: Moab on April 05, 2023, 04:58:22 PMI haven't watched the video. But doesn't the specs on a sawyer squeeze comoletely blow away the lifestraw?
I hadn't heard of the Sawyer Squeeze.  Looks like the Sawyer can filter to 0.1 microns (the Lifestraw filters to 0.2) and the Sawyer can filter a lot more (100,000 gallons compared to 264 gallons).  I wouldn't toss out my Lifestraws to replace, but I'll add some Sawyers to my kit and gift some to my kids. 

Ya. That's what I remembered from my research on this years ago. All of my filters are sawyer. Everyone touts lifestraw when sawyer is light years ahead. They offer several different filters but the squeeze has the best filtering and flow rate.

Sawyer also does amazing work in Africa. They provide water filters to at least one slum in Nairobi. With over 400,000 people, that has just 72 bathrooms. And no clean drinking water.

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Moab

Here ya go.

US $2.92 32%OFF | Reusable Pour over Coffee Filter Mesh Paperless Coffee Filter Stainless Steel Cone Filter 3 To 4 Cup Coffee Drip Filter
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPRnuLS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk