Logo needed! PRIZES!

Started by NT2C, June 28, 2021, 01:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

One thing this site needs is a neat logo, so we're opening a contest to find one.  Prizes (to be announced) will be awarded to the top three entries.  All entries will be judged by a three-judge panel of the site admins.  The entry deadline is July 31st, 2021

First Prize: Black Rifle Coffee Company ESPRO Ultralight Coffee Press

Second Prize: Black Rifle Coffee Company Old-Style Canteen Shape Nalgene Water Bottle (32 oz.)

Third Prize: Team Group 32 GB USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.1/3.0) Mini Metal USB Flash Thumb Drive
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

Lambykins

Okay...not a graphic artist person here...have absolutely NO skill when it comes to using a computer for art projects...but hear me out...
A ufo with a tractor beam:

But instead of a cow or whatever, it's beaming up a couple of zombies.
Now, I had a couple of zombie silhouettes in my picture files, but I can't find them right now.
I used them to design stuff for my zazzle store, anyway, here's one of the mugs so you know what I am talking about.
https://www.zazzle.com/zombie_hunting_team_mug-168390927609331753
Except you wouldn't have the blood, just the zombies being taken up by the tractor beam.
That would be small and on the right...HEY! I just figured out I can go in my zazzle account on the design page and design a whole bumper sticker of what I see in my head (yeah, it's kinda real cluttered in there).
I'll do that when I get home from work.

Just realized I am WAY too caffeinated this morning...

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

Tony D Tiger

Humbly submitted (tongue in cheek) for your consideration:

https://imgflip.com/i/5es782

:smiley_coffee:

Nyte

An eerie landscaper, perhaps?

NT2C

Quote from: Tony D Tiger on June 28, 2021, 07:44:44 AM
Humbly submitted (tongue in cheek) for your consideration:

https://imgflip.com/i/5es782

:smiley_coffee:
Kellogg's called.  Something about you being "out of the will"...  :coffee3:

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Quote from: Nyte on June 28, 2021, 08:21:43 AM

A bit large for a logo but I'm thinking that for a page surround (that gradient blue area around the outside edge) it could work.

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Quote from: Lambykins on June 28, 2021, 07:34:30 AM
Okay...not a graphic artist person here...have absolutely NO skill when it comes to using a computer for art projects...but hear me out...
A ufo with a tractor beam:

But instead of a cow or whatever, it's beaming up a couple of zombies.
Now, I had a couple of zombie silhouettes in my picture files, but I can't find them right now.
I used them to design stuff for my zazzle store, anyway, here's one of the mugs so you know what I am talking about.
https://www.zazzle.com/zombie_hunting_team_mug-168390927609331753
Except you wouldn't have the blood, just the zombies being taken up by the tractor beam.
That would be small and on the right...HEY! I just figured out I can go in my zazzle account on the design page and design a whole bumper sticker of what I see in my head (yeah, it's kinda real cluttered in there).
I'll do that when I get home from work.

Just realized I am WAY too caffeinated this morning...
I'm kinda digging that first one.  Swap the cow for a zed (maybe with glowing red eyes and possibly a twister way off in the distance) and it's got the crisp simplicity a logo needs.  Would probably scale well if we need it on a banner for some reason, printed on a flag, or reduced on a letterhead or business card.  I'm looking forward to seeing it when you're done.

Current Weather in My AO

CG

Small request: I know this is a zombie site and all, but could we please make sure we don't go too far on the end of creepy/violent?  I, uh, have a few sites that I went to that might have been interesting, but I literally couldn't stand to see their logo that often.

Yes, I'm the sort of weenie who can't watch NCIS or any of those type shows because I'll have nightmares.

Nyte

Quote from: NT2C on June 28, 2021, 10:32:10 AM

A bit large for a logo but I'm thinking that for a page surround (that gradient blue area around the outside edge) it could work.

By all means.  As the creator of that image I give you full permission to use it for UFOZS.  If you feel you need something with legal names for that, feel free to send me a message and I'll get something (once we figure out what's needed) to you.

NT2C

Quote from: Nyte on June 28, 2021, 12:55:15 PM

By all means.  As the creator of that image I give you full permission to use it for UFOZS.  If you feel you need something with legal names for that, feel free to send me a message and I'll get something (once we figure out what's needed) to you.
we should be good but I'd advised putting a copyright watermark on it somewhere to keep Getty from appropriating it.

Current Weather in My AO

Nyte

Quote from: NT2C on June 28, 2021, 01:01:20 PM
Quote from: Nyte on June 28, 2021, 12:55:15 PM

we should be good but I'd advised putting a copyright watermark on it somewhere to keep Getty from appropriating it.

Here's one with a watermark.

RickOShea

Maybe have the zombies coming out of the saucer?

boskone

Quote from: CG on June 28, 2021, 10:56:49 AM
Small request: I know this is a zombie site and all, but could we please make sure we don't go too far on the end of creepy/violent?  I, uh, have a few sites that I went to that might have been interesting, but I literally couldn't stand to see their logo that often.

Yes, I'm the sort of weenie who can't watch NCIS or any of those type shows because I'll have nightmares.
FWIW, in order to avoid stepping on ZS' toes, we're going with more of a UFO theme.

...so, how are you with rectal exams?  :eek1:

Lambykins

Quote from: NT2C on June 28, 2021, 10:36:43 AM

I'm kinda digging that first one.  Swap the cow for a zed (maybe with glowing red eyes and possibly a twister way off in the distance) and it's got the crisp simplicity a logo needs.  Would probably scale well if we need it on a banner for some reason, printed on a flag, or reduced on a letterhead or business card.  I'm looking forward to seeing it when you're done.
I am ...tired.
Today was one of those days at work.
3 no call-no-shows. I had to do the magazines...which delivered us the wrong magazines in the wrong quantities.
Tourists pissing me off and everyone packing the store...so busy.
Anyway, I have found out that the *paint* on this laptop is WAY different (3D effects...what?) than any other *paint* program I used in the past, so after an hour and a half of utter frustration...I give up for tonight.
Gonna fix a chicken salad sandwich and head to bed.
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

boskone

Quote from: Lambykins on June 28, 2021, 07:11:17 PM
Quote from: NT2C on June 28, 2021, 10:36:43 AM

I am ...tired.
Today was one of those days at work.
3 no call-no-shows. I had to do the magazines...which delivered us the wrong magazines in the wrong quantities.
Tourists pissing me off and everyone packing the store...so busy.
Anyway, I have found out that the *paint* on this laptop is WAY different (3D effects...what?) than any other *paint* program I used in the past, so after an hour and a half of utter frustration...I give up for tonight.
Gonna fix a chicken salad sandwich and head to bed.
I think that's Paint3D.  Simultaneously press the Windows key and R, in the resulting Run dialogue enter mspaint, then press <enter>.  That should bring up ye olde Paint.

Though if you're up for a bit of learnin', Paint.net is a great (and free for personal use) product.  It's sorta halfway between the major pro players (like Photoshop) and Paint.  Being able to work on layers, alone, is worth it in my book.

NT2C

Quote from: RickOShea on June 28, 2021, 06:08:39 PM
Maybe have the zombies coming out of the saucer?

How'd you get pics of me before my morning coffee?

Current Weather in My AO

flybynight

My son takes pictures of abandoned buildings . Any of these work. Tried to pick some ahem. spacey ones

"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

flybynight

That last one only looks like an abandon. It's my barn :awesome:
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

boskone

I think a bit of clarification is in order: we're looking for a logo, something which would be readily identifiable and look good as an icon or on stickers, mugs, PistolPete's shoulder, etc.

Search the web for "famous logos", flip to images, and you'll get a pretty good selection.

PistolPete

Quote from: boskone on June 28, 2021, 11:06:31 PM
I think a bit of clarification is in order: we're looking for a logo, something which would be readily identifiable and look good as an icon or on stickers, mugs, PistolPete's shoulder, etc.
My ZS tat is on my inner bicep, thank you very much.   :)

Man, logos are tough though.  As iconic as it is now to people involved, in the early days of ZS everyone thought it was a sideways NIN sticker.  Coming up with a new design that is also not a copy of something existing and also easy to recognize is a challenge.  I'll see if I can be helpful in the next few days and see if anything neat comes up on my sketch pad.  (I'm a terrible artist so I'm not expecting much, lol)
All you have to do is stab someone once, just a little bit, to forever change the dynamic of the relationship.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk