Author Topic: What did you do today to prepare?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Ever (Zombiepreparation)

• Reactions:
Re: What did you do today to prepare?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2021, 11:37:09 PM »
Added:
Four boxes of crackers.
Four pounds honey.
Two cans chicken.
Seven cans diced tomatoes & green chilies.
Four pounds peanut butter.
Nine pounds roasted cashews.
Four large original V8.
Four 2 ltr. bottles water. 
How are you storing those cashews for long term?
Apologies for delay in replying.

Am buying the cashews in prepackaged 1lb bags from the grocery store and putting those bags in food grade plastic buckets.

The same with walnuts, pecans, and almonds.

I 'think' I'm doing this okay.
-- Nothing hurts like feeling you're safe, and then, having someone with power over you take it away.

All you can do is get it right yourself.
-Susan

Offline NapalmMan67

• Official Party Dude
  • I'll never change.
  • Reactions:
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2021, 04:44:59 PM »
Added:
Four boxes of crackers.
Four pounds honey.
Two cans chicken.
Seven cans diced tomatoes & green chilies.
Four pounds peanut butter.
Nine pounds roasted cashews.
Four large original V8.
Four 2 ltr. bottles water. 
How are you storing those cashews for long term?
Apologies for delay in replying.

Am buying the cashews in prepackaged 1lb bags from the grocery store and putting those bags in food grade plastic buckets.

The same with walnuts, pecans, and almonds.

I 'think' I'm doing this okay. 

Sounds good.  So how "long term" are you planning to store those?  I only ask, because I've never had luck storing nuts or nut butters for a super long time without them going rancid, due to the oils in them.  Similar to brown rice.  Or for that fact, cooking oil itself.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc-  Not just pretty words.

Offline MPMalloy

• huh?
  • Reactions:
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »
After catching up on this thread, I find I am really slacking..... :smiley_surprised:

Offline flybynight

• This asshole again
  • Hiding in plain sight. Level : MYTHICAL :
  • Reactions:
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2021, 03:49:59 PM »
Bought five wax toilet rings. To make a tin coat

Offline Crosscut

• Paid Member
  • Trust, but verify
  • Reactions:
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »
Finally got the safety line on the roof replaced last Wednesday, just in time as it's been snowing for the past 2 days.  The old line:

I'll save the hooks at least, maybe the rope as well but not for anything involving life or limb.  May try using it to pull a few stumps, mostly just out of curiosity if it breaks and if so how easily.
And got the snow plow on the truck yesterday, had a nice Indian summer but winter is here now (even if the calendar says otherwise).

Offline CG

• Official Forum Church Lady
  • *insert something brilliant*
  • Reactions:
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2021, 06:45:31 AM »
Finally got the safety line on the roof replaced last Wednesday, just in time as it's been snowing for the past 2 days.

What, pray tell, is a safety line on the roof used for in reference to snow?  (I live in Texas, if that helps with the explaining)

Offline ʎǝʞuoW ˙Ǝ ˙ɹW

• The Nameless One
  • Do I look like a guy with a plan?
  • Reactions:
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2021, 08:33:01 AM »
Finally got the safety line on the roof replaced last Wednesday, just in time as it's been snowing for the past 2 days.

What, pray tell, is a safety line on the roof used for in reference to snow?  (I live in Texas, if that helps with the explaining)

My first guess is so that Santa doesn't slip and fall off.  Or maybe so that they don't, while they are up there sweeping the snow off.
Quote from: SMoAF
'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: Beowolf
Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bush
THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

Offline NapalmMan67

• Official Party Dude
  • I'll never change.
  • Reactions:
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2021, 12:27:11 PM »
Canned another 9 pints each, Black & Pinto beans.

I also rotated out some older items in storage to make ham and bean soup this weekend.  Replenishment of those items to happen shortly.

Offline Crosscut

• Paid Member
  • Trust, but verify
  • Reactions:
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2021, 04:34:56 AM »

My first guess is so that Santa doesn't slip and fall off.  Or maybe so that they don't, while they are up there sweeping the snow off.

Yep, clearing snow off the solar panels.  Needed to get the panels as high as possible to increase the hours of sun on them here in the woods, but with the higher wattage panels available today I am debating about replacing them with ones on pole mounts in the yard when I do replace them.  Getting too old for this climbing shit.  Permanent ladder attached to the house, climb up wearing the harness and connect up before stepping off the ladder.  Makes cleaning the chimney easy too.  View while standing on the ladder after clearing them a few years ago.

Offline CG

• Official Forum Church Lady
  • *insert something brilliant*
  • Reactions:
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2021, 03:25:24 PM »

Yep, clearing snow off the solar panels.  Needed to get the panels as high as possible to increase the hours of sun on them here in the woods, but with the higher wattage panels available today I am debating about replacing them with ones on pole mounts in the yard when I do replace them.  Getting too old for this climbing shit.  Permanent ladder attached to the house, climb up wearing the harness and connect up before stepping off the ladder.  Makes cleaning the chimney easy too.  View while standing on the ladder after clearing them a few years ago.

That's pretty cool.  Does the layer of ice/snow show affect the productivity much?

Offline Crosscut

• Paid Member
  • Trust, but verify
  • Reactions:
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2021, 04:27:43 AM »

That's pretty cool.  Does the layer of ice/snow show affect the productivity much?

Not too much with the amount on them in the pic, and a small layer like that melts off fairly quickly on a sunny day.  But only takes about 2-3 inches of snow on them to completely block all power.

Offline NapalmMan67

• Official Party Dude
  • I'll never change.
  • Reactions:
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2021, 03:34:52 PM »
Added 4 more jugs of laundry soap to the stash-  They were on sale at half price, but limit of two each.

Also some more CR123 batteries.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk