Main Menu

Recent posts

Cooking and Hydration / Re: Best Water Purification Ta...
Last post by TACAIR - March 20, 2024, 12:46:45 PM
I would note that iodine has been banned in the Eu for water treatment.  
" Blue Hill, ME – June 12, 2009 – The European Union (EU) has announced that iodine will no longer be sold or supplied for use in disinfecting drinking water after October 25, 2009. This announcement directly impacts all 27 countries in the EU and can potentially set global precedents regarding the safety of using chemical-based water treatment products."
UKC Forums - OI NEWS: EU to Ban Iodine for Use in Disinfecting Drinking Water (ukclimbing.com))
Cooking and Hydration / Re: Food vendor - BDH Sells ...
Last post by majorhavoc - March 20, 2024, 12:44:35 PM
Interesting coincidence! Earlier today I saw a fairly significant price reduction on another packaging variation of these BDH lifeboat style rations, but decided against posting it in the Bargains and Deals section. For some of the same reasons as you discuss. But mine was more of a seat of the pants assessment than your in-depth analysis. So thank you for validating my decision!

Which isn't to say this might not be equivalent to/every bit as good as Datrex, Mainstay, UST or other better known brands.  I certainly post deals here at UFOZS for products that I don't personally own/have used. But I like to have a certain baseline confidence that I'm steering people towards a decent product.  I just wasn't getting to that confidence level with BDH.
Cooking and Hydration / Food vendor - BDH Sells 'sur...
Last post by TACAIR - March 20, 2024, 12:09:26 PM
Sells 'rations' which look like the classic lifeboat rations - only in a tin. I see clever marketing here. Outfit is "BDH"
Ingredient Food Packaging and labeling Box Tin

So - would I buy these?
Nope. Why?

Here we go:
About us – Bdhprepare (bdhprepared.com)
"Led by technology and guaranteed with quality, BDH has established a complete quality management system, integrating R&D, manufacturing and marketing. Achieving ISO 22000 accreditation, OHSAS 18001 accreditation and ISO14001 accreditation, we have won such reputations as Hebei High-Tech Enterprise, China leading canned food brand and Demonstration Enterprise for Food Security."
1) Hecho en China. OK, some folks don't have a problem with this - so we continue.

Customized BDH MRE CHICKEN MENU: meal ready to eat camping food emergency supply Manufacturers Suppliers Factory (qhdhysp.com)
also marked as "BDH" product
"Qinhuangdao ocean food co., LTD. (formerly the Chinese people's liberation army (PLA) 4003 Factory), located in Qinhuangdao city Haigang district which is a collection research and development, production, marketing in an integrated food processing enterprises. The main products are various kinds of canned food, compressed biscuits, individual self-heating food, single-soldier combat rations, leisure food, convenient food for military and civilian. We have more than 150 kinds of products. "
Chinese MREs, interesting. But - no thanks.
2) Long time ties to Chinese military.

Multilevel marketing
Tasting Emergency Survival Food Supply BDH (youtube.com)
'nuff sed as the meme goes.
(lots of other UTOOB vis on this product set)

These products are sold on Amazon (yes, they are!)

On the Amazon page, the company claims a "up to 20 year shelf life".
- Ingredients: WHEAT flour 60%, vegetable oil (palm), sugar, glucose syrup, water, salt, raising agent: sodium carbonate.

The packaging is minimally US complaint. The website lists ingredients, the labels do not.

Bottom line:
Buy if you wish. It appears to be well packed and has a clever tin for storage.
I'll pass because of 1) and 2) above. The palm oil is iffy on shelf life for me.  So, no again.

You decide for you.

Btw, not to be confused with
the US company - BDH LLC
BDH, LLC provides outsourcing administration and compliance services. The Company offers payroll, loss control and unemployment management, consulting, and personnel administration services. BDH serves customers throughout the United States.
or BDH Spices (ID)
Seems there a lot of companies that use "BDH" - I'm just picking on the Chinese food vendor.
Books and eBooks / Re: Hesperian heath guiddes f...
Last post by MacWa77ace - March 18, 2024, 04:26:02 PM
 :smiley_clap:
Books and eBooks / Re: Sanitation and Cleanliness...
Last post by MacWa77ace - March 18, 2024, 04:25:01 PM
Due to all these pdfs that TACAIR is dropping today i've had to create a new folder in my shared folders and on my drive and drop.

Thanks TACAIR. What a comeback!
 :smiley_clap:
Books and eBooks / Sanitation and Cleanliness (be...
Last post by TACAIR - March 18, 2024, 03:43:11 PM
sanibooklet-9th.p65 (sswm.info)

PDF, full download - free
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk