Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Emergency Medical Gear and Care / Re: Best Quality Bandaids?
« Last post by CG on Today at 06:00:07 AM »
4 days seems to be my limit for wearing bandages.  Now have red lines where the adhesive was.  But the burn is healing up nicely!
Just For Laughs (humor) / Re: i live in a strange city ....
« Last post by Raptor on Yesterday at 11:33:15 PM »
Loathed as I am to quote from the Daily Wail, but someone local to me obviously needed something more than a hoover! I bet he's from Coopers Hill, the place where nutters chase cheeses down a hill.

NSFW (ish)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10270067/Man-seeks-medical-help-artillery-shell-lodged-rectum.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Sounds like this dude took the phrase "Blow it out your ass" to a whole new level.  :eek1:

:smiley_clap: :smiley_clap: :smiley_crocodile:
All Things Pandemic / Re: COVID chat thread
« Last post by RoneKiln on Yesterday at 09:38:17 PM »
Are efforts to end the pandemic just prolonging it?

I thought that was the openly expressed intent behind the efforts to "flatten the curve."
« Last post by 12_Gauge_Chimp on Yesterday at 09:20:37 PM »
Nah, even then he'd still have a tough time explaining that. Mostly because it's more common to jump on top of a grenade and not sit on one.
« Last post by lurkedthere on Yesterday at 09:12:26 PM »
He could have been more imaginative.

"I thought it was a grenade and sat on it to save my friends" would sound much better.
Emergency Medical Gear and Care / Re: Best Quality Bandaids?
« Last post by echo83 on Yesterday at 09:04:17 PM »
I go with the cloth Band-Aids. For me, plastic ones peel off way too fast, and aren't very flexible. I also have yet to find a brand where the paper sleeves don't eventually deteriorate.

It may seem totally over the top, but a little dab of super glue works wonders. I used to think putting super glue on a cut was like the old "tampon in a gunshot wound," trope, but a few years working in a kitchen made a believer out of me.
« Last post by 12_Gauge_Chimp on Yesterday at 08:34:25 PM »
Loathed as I am to quote from the Daily Wail, but someone local to me obviously needed something more than a hoover! I bet he's from Coopers Hill, the place where nutters chase cheeses down a hill.

NSFW (ish)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10270067/Man-seeks-medical-help-artillery-shell-lodged-rectum.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Sounds like this dude took the phrase "Blow it out your ass" to a whole new level.  :eek1:
Personal Electronics and Computers / Re: Computers CHAT - 2021
« Last post by NT2C on Yesterday at 06:35:48 PM »
Now, understand that with Display Port connections they lock in place and there's a button to release them.
Just For Laughs (humor) / i live in a strange city ....
« Last post by lurkedthere on Yesterday at 06:18:11 PM »

NSFW (ish)

All Things Pandemic / Re: daily COVID sitrep where you are
« Last post by Ever (Zombiepreparation) on Yesterday at 04:50:41 PM »
Friday, December 3, 2021
Kansas
my county's 14 day rolling average

- ↗ Average daily case count 26.57
- ↗ Average positive rate 5%
- ↗ Current active cases 498
- ↗ Current hospitalized 8 (out of 24 ICU beds)
- ↗ Total deceased 109
- ↗ Incidence rate per 100,000... 309.25
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk