Author Topic: The All Purpose Flashlight Thread  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Raptor

• Designated Survivor
  • Administrator
  • Duco Erco Sum
  • Reactions:
Re: The All Purpose Flashlight Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2021, 09:46:59 AM »
These are on sale for $10.19. I purchased two of these and they are good buy for a bright flashlight @ this price.

They use 4 AA batteries so nothing exotic is needed battery wise. I use these with rechargeable batteries and it works well.

https://smile.amazon.com/High-Powered-Flashlight-RECHOO-Upgraded-Flashlights-Resistant-Flash/dp/B08BNNNP25/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rpt_comp_bia_alters_1/143-9969403-1154168?pd_rd_w=WocwM&pf_rd_p=cfafa29f-2d34-4feb-b297-fff281f16bdd&pf_rd_r=RGCE5Y45VHKYQX1YQA2S&pd_rd_r=a8446467-c989-496a-8205-424cd69243c8&pd_rd_wg=UU39l&pd_rd_i=B08BNNNP25&psc=1#customerReviews

The build quality is decent and the battery holder is not cheap thin plastic but seems durable. This not a Streamlight, Fenix or Maglight but for the price is a decent very bright light.

This is a very similar one that bought and the price is even cheaper @ $8.99
https://smile.amazon.com/LETMY-High-Powered-LED-Flashlight-S2000/dp/B088PGJQJW/ref=b2b_gw_d_cbia_4/145-4148639-6199308?pd_rd_w=2zWZ2&pf_rd_p=e7cb245b-bb8d-4b28-ae8c-8f503c190f1f&pf_rd_r=XTM7V157TZ7CKSXNHNTM&pd_rd_r=55fd9a97-3c5b-438b-9df1-fe047d61cde2&pd_rd_wg=Yq9U6&pd_rd_i=B088PGJQJW&psc=1
I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers.

As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

Online NT2C

• Administrator
  • Epic Member
  • Reactions:
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2021, 11:29:31 AM »
Got myself a brand new model of Olight flashlight!  An X9R... cell

Ain't it just the cutest lil' thing!   :smiley_crocodile:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

Offline Nyte

• I am the Nyte
  • Much like a panda
  • Reactions:
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2021, 01:00:29 PM »
Got myself a brand new model of Olight flashlight!  An X9R... cell

Ain't it just the cutest lil' thing!   :smiley_crocodile:

D'awww

Offline EBuff75

• No, I'm the other one.
  • Paid Member
  • I'm new (aren't we all?) and I have changed this.
  • Reactions:
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2021, 01:15:34 PM »
I have to admit that a CR425 battery was a new one on me.  I'd never heard of it before, but apparently it's pretty well known in fishing circles for use with floats / tip lights.
Information - it’s all a battle for information. You have to know what’s happening if you’re going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

Offline wolf_from_wv

• I'm new and haven't changed this yet.
  • Reactions:
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Not everything needs to be a million candle-power light with 18 modes; just getting light is often enough.

Sometimes it's nice to have a flashlight that is useful, but doesn't summon Batman.   :awesome:

It's hard to read from a book with a 300 candle-power light...  Then, there was the time I was helping someone back a trailer up after dark, and someone commented that I "had a flashlight that could be seen from space".  I try to carry a couple lights, one for small tasks and one to light the place up.

Online NT2C

• Administrator
  • Epic Member
  • Reactions:
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2021, 12:06:40 AM »
I recently picked up an Olight Archer and holy cow is this thing a sweet little bundle of lumens!

1,000 lumens max with a 535m throw and a square beam (yes, square, okay it's a rectangle but that's a square too) down to a 5 lumen moonlight mode it has run times as long as 200 hours.  Easily fits in your hand at about the size and weight of a full-size double-stack 9mm magazine and with a really nice belt holster and magnetic charging it's a good value for the $69.95 sale price I got it for and not a bad deal at the $99 regular price.  About the only thing I wish is that it weren't so slick in the hand.  The hard anodized coating on it and tapering shape make it almost jump out of your hand when you first try it, especially if your skin is dry.  With gloves on it may well prove impossible to hold and it lacks any provision for a lanyard.  Olight would be well advised to consider adding a lanyard hole to future models, and maybe some knurling.

Oh, and my wife liked it so much she went back and bought two more, one to put in each of our vehicles.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk