Author Topic: Rechoo S2000  (Read 242 times)

Offline boskone

• Chief Tribble
  • Administrator
  • Reactions:
Rechoo S2000
« on: August 05, 2021, 07:24:21 PM »
I picked this up from Amazon for $10 or so.  Overall, for $10 it doesn't seem bad; time may tell otherwise, though.

The build quality isn't awful; I'd say round about Maglite with more slop.  It's pretty thin-walled, so I don't expect it to take a lot of abuse.  Also, the lenscap focusing thing has a lot of wobble, which makes me think it's "water resistance" is pretty minimal.  It's not IPX-rated, for sure.

The focusing is a semispherical lens over the LED, with the LED being very yellow.  It's also quite possibly the brightest single-emitter light I have right now.

It takes 4xAA, in a rather odd adapter contraption...which I really wonder if one couldn't sub in a couple D or C batteries.

The activation button is a membrane-covered tail clicker, which cycles between OMGBRIGHT, what I'd call just about right, and headache- and seizure-inducing strobe.  I'd much rather a side button.  Also, it's a pretty decent time between modes; e.g. if you turn it off, you need to wait like 5 seconds or cycle through all the modes.

Ultimately, this wouldn't be my go-to light.  Due to the dubious water resistance, I probably wouldn't even make it a truck light.  However, I do think it's a good light to throw in a desk drawer or the like.  It has some issues, but it's also only $10 and takes a common battery type.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:43:03 PM by boskone »

Offline flybynight

• This asshole again
  • Hiding in plain sight. Level : MYTHICAL :
  • Reactions:
Re: Rechoo S2000
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 07:42:17 PM »
I've found that the point of failure for the lower price flashlights is usually the button.

Offline boskone

• Chief Tribble
  • Administrator
  • Reactions:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »
Probably, yea.

Offline -- .-. .-.-.- / . .-.-.- / -- --- -. -.- . -.--

• The Nameless One
  • Do I look like a guy with a plan?
  • Reactions:
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 09:02:01 AM »
That sounds like a good light for the monkey child to use, abuse, and eventually lose.  :awesome:

She likes to go out in the evening and look for frogs (we have gotten quite a few hoppy little visitors on the muggier days lately), but I still haven't figured out how she misplaces flashlights as well as she does.  Something that bright, she might be more motivated to keep track of just a little better (especially if it's brighter than anything I have).
Quote from: SMoAF
'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: Beowolf
Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bush
THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

Offline boskone

• Chief Tribble
  • Administrator
  • Reactions:
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 10:27:58 AM »
It does come with a lanyard.  I removed it, but you could possibly tie a piece of light cordage between the lanyard and her belt, maybe.

Offline -- .-. .-.-.- / . .-.-.- / -- --- -. -.- . -.--

• The Nameless One
  • Do I look like a guy with a plan?
  • Reactions:
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 10:59:11 AM »
Even better!
Quote from: SMoAF
'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: Beowolf
Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bush
THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk