Knife Chat: Slicing to the meat of all things sharp

Started by 12_Gauge_Chimp, July 07, 2021, 04:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on May 14, 2024, 02:05:40 AMWhy not just buy directly from the tomahawk company and cut out Cold Steel entirely? 

Problem with that is they don't sell the war hammers themselves. They only make them for Cold Steel.

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on May 14, 2024, 10:20:27 AM
Quote from: NT2C on May 14, 2024, 02:05:40 AMWhy not just buy directly from the tomahawk company and cut out Cold Steel entirely? 

Problem with that is they don't sell the war hammers themselves. They only make them for Cold Steel.
$39 from Tractor Supply
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on May 14, 2024, 11:03:43 AM

$39 from Tractor Supply

That's where I was hoping to buy one from.

There's a Tractor Supply in my town not too far from my place and I'm hoping they have them in the store and not just on the website.

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on May 14, 2024, 12:32:43 PM

$39 from Tractor Supply

There's a Tractor Supply in my town not too far from my place and I'm hoping they have them in the store and not just on the website.
It's website only but can be shipped to the store.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cold-steel-war-hammer

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on May 14, 2024, 01:15:47 PM

$39 from Tractor Supply

I figured it was a website only thing. Probably the same for the Fallout game stuff they advertised in the same deal aa the war hammer.

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on May 14, 2024, 02:53:46 PM

$39 from Tractor Supply

I figured it was a website only thing. Probably the same for the Fallout game stuff they advertised in the same deal aa the war hammer.
Probably.  If you can wait until around Memorial Day I can have it shipped to you.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on May 14, 2024, 03:06:30 PM
Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on May 14, 2024, 02:53:46 PM

$39 from Tractor Supply

Probably.  If you can wait until around Memorial Day I can have it shipped to you.

No worries on that, NT2C. It's not an important thing for me to get right now.

I'm just trying to force myself to break free of this silly superstition I have about Cold Steel stuff.

Basically it's just me thinking out loud.

flybynight

New EDC knife

I had bought smaller knife awhile back from this company and like it alot. The blade on it is big enough, but I wanted  a little longer blade. So I got this one.  You know the knife is sharp, when you  cut yourself within minutes of opening the box it came in .  :shades:
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

MacWa77ace

Quote from: flybynight on May 15, 2024, 12:00:19 PMNew EDC knife

I had bought smaller knife awhile back from this company and like it alot. The blade on it is big enough, but I wanted  a little longer blade. So I got this one.  You know the knife is sharp, when you  cut yourself within minutes of opening the box it came in .  :shades:

Cutting yourself on a new knife is mandatory. Isn't it?

I just got these throwing knives and cut my thumb putting one of the tip protectors back on before I even got everything out of the box. [the tip protectors are throwaways]

While the SOG throwing knives are the expected size, they are really light.

I got 'em 'cause they are the exact knife in my BF2042 video game.  :smiley_shrug:

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
Ask me about my Fully Semi-Automatic 30-Mag clip death gun .

12_Gauge_Chimp

Only reason I own a set of throwing knives is because my mom bought them for me when I was a kid and I had watched Danny Trejo in "Desperado" not too long before.

I actually still have the knives and I've never thrown them. I did use one to cut an orange when I was younger, though.

Optimist

I bought a Cold Steel tomahawk years ago and my friends and I certainly got more than it's cost in entertainment throwing it. Not a very practical thing to practice, but fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk