Helikon Tex 10x10 tarp. $60

Started by Moab, May 04, 2024, 02:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moab

This is my favorite tarp.

This isn't so much a deal as it is a review. But the price has come down to $60 from it being closer to $80 for years. It comes in many different colors. And many other sellers within a dollar of that price. Offer those colors.

I think this tarp is in a sweet spot. It's almost 10x10 (3mx3m?). Has guyouts all around and across the middle. Which gives you many more options to set it up in different shelter configurations. It's what I would call an intermediate weight. Somewhere between a poly tarp and a cheap, thin silnylon. And at 1.5lbs is a great weight for backpacking or your BOB.

I find anything less than 9 or 10ft square really limits your options for rain coverage and shelter configurations. If your 6ft or there are two of you that still gives you 1.5-2ft on each end for rain coverage. Thinking your going to stay dry under a poncho is not realistic. That coupled with the real difficulty of having to dry out your sleep system makes this size tarp worth it.

The guyouts are sewn pieces of nylon webbing. Strong. But not over weight. And again at 1.5lbs it's just bombproof enough without being to heavy. A real ounce saving piece of kit. Without sacrificing durability.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126462450343?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1PAwiowvTz2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=OOH5b8UqSIO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk