Chest bag for 20 bucks

Started by Moab, August 09, 2021, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moab

This is a copy of the Hill People Gear chest kit bag. Primarily uses for a pistol and a few odds and ends. But for 20 dollars instead of $100(?). Not sure how i feel about this. But I guess if you are on a budget...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081FCZ7HL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_7FCWW5JKRBYASFSRY6BW

I own the hpg recon chest bag in multicam. And its a nice piece of kit. As it rides under a pack. And uses the unused area between your shoulder straps. I know the 20 dollar version isnt going to be as nice as the real deal. But it amazes me that they can make it and sell it for 20 bucks. Crazy.

If youve ever thought of owning the real deal. This is a cheap way to try one out.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

flybynight

If I was  younger ( and thinner) I would buy that to try out. But at my age and body type. I would just look like a dork wearing it. And I say that because for Christmas I got one of those slick chest tackle bags. It fit poorly. Was in the way for nearly anything. And I looked like a dork  :smiley_bagonhead:
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

boskone

Are you sure you aren't just a dork?

Moab

Lmfao!!!!!!

Im a dork. But the hpg chest bag doesnt make me look any dorkier. They are actually really nice for using with a backpack. The perfect combo. And u can conceal carry very well.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NapalmMan67

Funny stuff....

Humanized Clamshell Design...  as opposed to ?

Widely Used Usage Scenarios:  Production workshop, construction sites, police, ski patrols, mountain rescue, wild jungle adventure...  what if you want to go ona a tame jungle adventure?  Would this not work for that?

I'll stick with my HPG chest pack.  And yes, I too am a dork with or without it on me.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc-  Not just pretty words.

wolf_from_wv

Quote from: flybynight on August 09, 2021, 06:53:42 PM
And I say that because for Christmas I got one of those slick chest tackle bags. It fit poorly. Was in the way for nearly anything. And I looked like a dork  :smiley_bagonhead:

I had a tackle bag with the fold out "tray" in the front and a backpack in the back.  I couldn't see where I was stepping with the front compartment - not good for moving on rocks or around potential snakes.  The backpack part I guess was too heavy, so it slid down and pulled the front part up to my neck.

carrotstick

I use a Zulu mega admin pouch with some DIY straps in the same manner for hunting. Bought it about 12 years ago, never actually used it and just had it sitting round. I wanted to try the HPG concept without spending the coin, I've been using it for about 5 years now and it's holding up just fine so it'll probably be awhile before I get the real thing. I don't carry a pistol in it but it has all my navigation stuff and some basic survival goodies should I misplace my pack. Re-edited a few times to get these pictures upright.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk