090421 TracFone growng nat'n wide outage right now

Started by Ever (Zombiepreparation), September 04, 2021, 02:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

At first wasn't sure if it wasn't my phone: no texting, no calling. Full bars, battery charged, nothing due till 27th.

Took out reset sim and battery. No joy.

Asked Google. No joy.

Asked Bing News. Gave me TracFone outage report page. I reported in. Abt 10:45am EST reports had begun. Found their down map. A few places across the country. Mine wasn't showing. The state was but it was Wichita at that time.

Within an hour or so more places around the country began lighting up on the map. One more place in my  state.

Another hour my city and two others here are showing heavy (dark orange/red center). As well as now coast to coast boarder to boarder. The map isn't yelling Red Alert or anything but up to this post the down points are increasing.
TracFone Wireless Outage Map

I've been w them 12-14 years. A couple of times they 'were experiencing' a brief problem.

I've never experienced this, or this long.

EBuff75

Tracfone uses the Verizon network, which is also showing a big increase in outage complaints this afternoon. 
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

woodsghost

Good info and thank you both for reporting. I am on US Cellular and as of 4 hours ago I was fine. But right now I'm in a cellular dead zone so I don't know if I'm affected.

MPMalloy

12_Gauge_Chimp

I'm on the Verizon network, but I haven't noticed any sort of outage in my AO.

EBuff75

Looks like the level of reported issues has dropped back to normal for both of them, so whatever it was might have been resolved.
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

RoneKiln

Quote from: MPMalloy on September 04, 2021, 04:33:20 PM
I use TF & I haven't noticed a thing.

Or your recent problems are a sign you were patient zero and the problem spread.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

MPMalloy

Quote from: RoneKiln on September 04, 2021, 10:14:31 PM
Quote from: MPMalloy on September 04, 2021, 04:33:20 PMI use TF & I haven't noticed a thing.
Or your recent problems are a sign you were patient zero and the problem spread.
Someone had to do it :clownshoes:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk