Notable Deaths of 2021

Started by NT2C, June 06, 2021, 06:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flybynight

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 26, 2021, 09:27:22 PM
Quote from: Anianna on December 26, 2021, 08:38:51 PM
Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 26, 2021, 08:20:02 PM
I'm hearing news that Richard Marcinko, former US Navy SEAL, Vietnam veteran and the first commanding officer of SEAL Team Six, passed away yesterday the age of 81.

Looks like it was today.  His Wikipedia page has been updated and says today, as well.

https://www.armytimes.com/breaking-news/2021/12/26/richard-marcinko-first-commanding-officer-of-seal-team-six-dies/

Someone must have edited it again because I'm still seeing his date of death as December 25th, 2021. My guess is it'll be fixed within the next few days and the correct date will be posted.

It's subterfuge. To throw his opponents off guard. He has left this realm and fights greater battles in the next.
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

Anianna

I'm hearing news that Richard Marcinko, former US Navy SEAL, Vietnam veteran and the first commanding officer of SEAL Team Six, passed away yesterday the age of 81.

Looks like it was today.  His Wikipedia page has been updated and says today, as well.

https://www.armytimes.com/breaking-news/2021/12/26/richard-marcinko-first-commanding-officer-of-seal-team-six-dies/

Someone must have edited it again because I'm still seeing his date of death as December 25th, 2021. My guess is it'll be fixed within the next few days and the correct date will be posted.

The important bit is that he's passed on and gets to rest now.
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Anianna on December 27, 2021, 12:12:39 PM

The important bit is that he's passed on and gets to rest now.

True.

The man led an interesting life and dealt with a lot of crap over the years. I'd say he's earned his eternal rest.

Lambykins

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

Lambykins

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

RickOShea

People.com - Betty White, The Golden Girls and Hot in Cleveland Star, Dead at 99

Betty White, TV's perennial Golden Girl, has died. She was 99.

"Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would live forever," her agent and close friend Jeff Witjas tells PEOPLE in a statement on Friday. "I will miss her terribly and so will the animal world that she loved so much. I don't think Betty ever feared passing because she always wanted to be with her most beloved husband Allen Ludden. She believed she would be with him again."

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: RickOShea on December 31, 2021, 01:45:57 PM
People.com - Betty White, The Golden Girls and Hot in Cleveland Star, Dead at 99

Betty White, TV's perennial Golden Girl, has died. She was 99.

"Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would live forever," her agent and close friend Jeff Witjas tells PEOPLE in a statement on Friday. "I will miss her terribly and so will the animal world that she loved so much. I don't think Betty ever feared passing because she always wanted to be with her most beloved husband Allen Ludden. She believed she would be with him again."

Well, crap. Looks like TMZ wasn't talking out of their collective rear ends again.  :(

Anianna

Not Betty White!  No.  She's a treasure.  She should have been immortal.
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

MPMalloy

Quote from: Anianna on December 31, 2021, 04:16:34 PMNot Betty White!  No.  She's a treasure.  She should have been immortal.
Fuck you 2021.  Just fuck you.

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: MPMalloy on December 31, 2021, 04:29:36 PM
Quote from: Anianna on December 31, 2021, 04:16:34 PMNot Betty White!  No.  She's a treasure.  She should have been immortal.

Of all the people 2021 could've chosen to take on it's way out, why did it have to be Betty White ?

Lambykins

I agree. This was a shitty thing for 2021 to do on top of everything else.
Dammit.
Anybody checked on Keith Richards?

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Lambykins on December 31, 2021, 05:27:21 PM
Dammit.

I have a suspicion that even 2021 doesn't want Keith Richards.

flybynight

Dammit.

Well the story is that death came for Keith Richards. But left with a black eye , a half naked groupie and a bottle of 50 year old scotch
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

RoneKiln

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 31, 2021, 04:36:07 PM

Of all the people 2021 could've chosen to take on it's way out, why did it have to be Betty White ?

Cause 2021 felt bad for the even worse crap 2022 will likely have to deal with and said "I'll take this hit for you."
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: flybynight on December 31, 2021, 05:36:34 PM
Dammit.

Well the story is that death came for Keith Richards. But left with a black eye , a half naked groupie and a bottle of 50 year old scotch

I thought the story was Keith Richards actually died some time back in 1974, but there's so many drugs in his system that his body hasn't  figured that out yet.

NT2C

Fuck yeah, I'm down for $100
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

Raptor

Quote from: flybynight on December 31, 2021, 05:36:34 PM

I heard it was a 70 year old bottle scotch and the scotch was 12 years old when Keith bought it. It had gotten stuck under his couch.
Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

NT2C

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk