Notable Deaths of 2021

Started by NT2C, June 06, 2021, 06:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambykins

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

NT2C

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

Lambykins

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Lambykins on November 09, 2021, 07:02:59 AM
Dean Stockwell, age 85.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dean-stockwell-quantum-leap-battlestar-072859559.html

He was also in that "Legend of Billy Jean" movie with Helen Slater. I think he was a senator or something in that movie, but I forget since it's been quite a few years since I last watched it.

EBuff75

QuoteStephen Sondheim, the renowned composer of "Into the Woods," "Sweeney Todd," "Gypsy," "Sunday in the Park with George" and other essential works of musical theater, died early Friday morning. He was 91.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/26/entertainment/stephen-sondheim/index.html
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

MPMalloy

Peter Buck, co-founder of Subway.  He was 90.

lurkedthere

BBC News - Sir Frank Williams: Formula 1 team founder dies aged 79
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59453378

12_Gauge_Chimp

David Gulpilil, best known for his portrayal of Neville Bell in the first Crocodile Dundee film, passed away today at age 68 from lung cancer.

12_Gauge_Chimp

Colonel Edward D. Shames, the last surviving officer of Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Division from WW2, passed away on December 3rd, 2021 at the age of 99.

12_Gauge_Chimp

MPMalloy asked me to post that former US Senator Bob Dole passed away this morning at age 98. Cause of death was reported as cancer.

MPMalloy

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 05, 2021, 11:18:33 AMMPMalloy asked me to post that former US Senator Bob Dole passed away this morning at age 98. Cause of death was reported as cancer.
Thanks Chimp!

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

EBuff75

Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

NT2C

Monkees singer Michael Nesmith dead at 78

My sister must be heartbroken.  She always had a big crush on him.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on December 10, 2021, 01:21:59 PM
Monkees singer Michael Nesmith dead at 78

My sister must be heartbroken.  She always had a big crush on him.

Dang. That just leaves Mickey Dolenz as the last surviving Monkee.

Davy Jones died first in 2012, then Peter Tork died in 2019 and now Michael Nesmith in 2021.

MPMalloy

Anne Rice, Author.  She was 80.

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

I'm hearing news that Richard Marcinko, former US Navy SEAL, Vietnam veteran and the first commanding officer of SEAL Team Six, passed away yesterday the age of 81.

Anianna

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 26, 2021, 08:20:02 PM
I'm hearing news that Richard Marcinko, former US Navy SEAL, Vietnam veteran and the first commanding officer of SEAL Team Six, passed away yesterday the age of 81.

Looks like it was today.  His Wikipedia page has been updated and says today, as well.

https://www.armytimes.com/breaking-news/2021/12/26/richard-marcinko-first-commanding-officer-of-seal-team-six-dies/
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Anianna on December 26, 2021, 08:38:51 PM
Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 26, 2021, 08:20:02 PM

Looks like it was today.  His Wikipedia page has been updated and says today, as well.

https://www.armytimes.com/breaking-news/2021/12/26/richard-marcinko-first-commanding-officer-of-seal-team-six-dies/

Someone must have edited it again because I'm still seeing his date of death as December 25th, 2021. My guess is it'll be fixed within the next few days and the correct date will be posted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk