YETI 36 oz vacuum bottle

Started by TACAIR, June 12, 2021, 11:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TACAIR

The bottle

Got one of these this Yeti bottles this week as a gift.
The flask is made with Heavy gauge stainless steel.   Wide mouth.  Very wide mouth....

My short test -
Preheated the bottle with 120F water, while other water was brought to a boil. say 8 min or so

Put the boiling water in the flask, measured temp with a Food service grade thermometer.

Time 0   +209F

Sat on counter @ room temp (call it ~60F) for 14 hours.

Temp 14 hours later  +156F.

Outside of the bottle stayed at room temp. The only warm spot was the cap, as expected. I'll wrap the top in a wool cozy.

Guess who just got a new cooking bottle?
This is just the thing, IMO, for my beans.... The mouth is wide enough to get a wooden spoon or spatula inside to remove the cooked Chow (rice or beans or pasta or...) :smiley_clap:

While I like the Hydroflask brand thermal bottle, the wide mouth just isn't all that wide. Does a super job in keeping cold water cold.

If you go camping, using a thermal flask for cooking will save fuel, time and removes time pressure - as your Chow will stay plenty warm should you run a bit late for dinner.
Don't overdo it tho, or you'll have goo to eat. The stainless steel is easy cleanup.

or
Boil water at night, put in bottle, put bottle in sleep system - no-fuss hot water right away for oatmeal and coffee in the morning.

This thing is as tough as my old-school Stanly thermal flask - but with the wide mouth, I can cook in it.  A real win!
I'd much rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist....

My fiction work is found here:
https://www.amazon.com/D-K-Richardson/e/B005JT4QP2/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

Quote from: TACAIR on June 12, 2021, 11:16:21 AMThe bottle

Got one of these this Yeti bottles this week as a gift.
The flask is made with Heavy gauge stainless steel.   Wide mouth.  Very wide mouth....

My short test -
Preheated the bottle with 120F water, while other water was brought to a boil. say 8 min or so

Put the boiling water in the flask, measured temp with a Food service grade thermometer.

Time 0   +209F

Sat on counter @ room temp (call it ~60F) for 14 hours.

Temp 14 hours later  +156F.

Outside of the bottle stayed at room temp. The only warm spot was the cap, as expected. I'll wrap the top in a wool cozy.

Guess who just got a new cooking bottle?
This is just the thing, IMO, for my beans.... The mouth is wide enough to get a wooden spoon or spatula inside to remove the cooked Chow (rice or beans or pasta or...) :smiley_clap:

While I like the Hydroflask brand thermal bottle, the wide mouth just isn't all that wide. Does a super job in keeping cold water cold.

If you go camping, using a thermal flask for cooking will save fuel, time and removes time pressure - as your Chow will stay plenty warm should you run a bit late for dinner.
Don't overdo it tho, or you'll have goo to eat. The stainless steel is easy cleanup.

or
Boil water at night, put in bottle, put bottle in sleep system - no-fuss hot water right away for oatmeal and coffee in the morning.

This thing is as tough as my old-school Stanly thermal flask - but with the wide mouth, I can cook in it.  A real win!
I have one. Love it enough to get a second one as a back up for when circumstances indicate I need to keep more at a time. The larger ones would be overkill for my purposes. Two 36oz give me better options.

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

I've had them for maybe 6 years. Long ago let the instructions go by the way side so... anyone remember why I was told not to clean mine using bleach? (The inside)

Brekar

Quote from: Ever (Zombiepreparation) on October 22, 2022, 09:13:02 AMI've had them for maybe 6 years. Long ago let the instructions go by the way side so... anyone remember why I was told not to clean mine using bleach? (The inside)
My understanding is because bleach can cause the stainless steel of the cup to corroded.

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk