Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Assassinated in Japan

Started by majorhavoc, July 08, 2022, 07:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

majorhavoc

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/07/08/world/japan-shinzo-abe-shooting

Sure didn't see this coming. Sometimes I think there's something afoot just beneath the surface and all these events are somehow related. Only I can't connect the dots. 

I'm not saying there's some kind nefarious plot to destabilize the world order (or am I? :smiley_chinrub: ).

Just that maybe there's sufficient tension in the world that humanity is starting to really come apart at the seams.  Suffice it to say I have no clue what's going to happen next. But whatever it is, I'll bet good money it won't be anything good.
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

Mr. E. Monkey

Quote from: majorhavoc on July 08, 2022, 07:35:31 AMJust that maybe there's sufficient tension in the world that humanity is starting to really come apart at the seams.
Absolutely, and as much as I want to say I believe that's all that it is, it's hard not to think that there might be people out there tugging at those seams, too.

All that aside...I know the guy wasn't a saint or anything, but Abe generally seemed like a decent-ish guy, as far as politicians go.  I was sad to see that he died like that.

It does make you wonder, too, what next?  :gonk:
Quote from: SMoAF'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: BeowolfDisasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bushTHE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

tirls

It´s very strange, considering he´s not in office any longer.
There seem to be some statements pointing towards Abe not being the original target. It would make sense considering at what short notice his participation was confirmed.

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220708/p2a/00m/0na/030000c

The police has been quoted, that the perpetrator said it was not against Abe´s politics and instead aimed at a "specific organisation" that Abe was allegedly part of, maybe of religious origin (Shinto?). How much of this is made up I do not know.

Raptor

Yes this was a real surprise and an "outside the box" event. It sounds like Abe was at the wrong place and time and the perp was a whacko.

QuoteDuring questioning, the suspect cited the name of a specific religious group and said, "I intended to target this senior official (of the group)." The named official, however, was reportedly not at the scene at the time.
At the same time, the suspect has made nonsensical statements, and Nara Prefectural Police are carefully investigating whether he is mentally competent to be held criminally responsible.
What I am surprised by is the lack of security for a former PM. I thought the world learned a lesson from Aldo Moro's kidnapping and murder... but then that was 44 years ago and in every security text book used by personal protection folks ... :rolleyes1:

Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk