Waukesha, Wisconsin Christmas Parade Incident 11-21-21

Started by RickOShea, November 21, 2021, 08:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickOShea

TMJ4-TV Milwaukee - At least 1 killed, more than 20 people hurt after car drives through crowd at Waukesha Christmas parade

Update 7:12 p.m. — Police have issued a shelter in place order for everyone within a half mile radius of downtown Waukesha. More than 20 people were injured after a car drove through a crowd at the Waukesha Holiday parade Sunday evening, according to Waukesha police.

Officials said at least one person died. Ambulances, police, and family members drove the injured to local hospitals. Waukesha police have recovered the vehicle and are aware of a person of interest.

....Eyewitnesses indicate the driver of the car also fired shots out of the window while they sped through the parade. (* Looking like this may have been a Police officer firing at the vehicle.)

This is an active investigation, and it's not certain at this time what happened to the driver.

https://twitter.com/TaylorLumpkinTV/status/1462575035042910212?s=20

NT2C

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

Anianna

Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

Anianna

https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=568.new#new

RickOShea posted this with a video from the scene.  Most of the people hit were part of a marching band, which are generally high school kids, though I couldn't say that for sure.
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

RickOShea

Quote from: Anianna on November 21, 2021, 09:21:03 PM
Was that marching band high school kids?   :(
The Police Chief said in a press conference that a lot of the victims were minors.

ETA: Just saw reporting saying 11 adults and 12 minors were transported to hospitals. Officials are not saying how many fatalities there are.

RoneKiln

Quote from: Anianna on November 21, 2021, 09:21:03 PM
Was that marching band high school kids?   :(

Yes. Waukesha South High School.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2021/11/21/waukesha-christmas-parade-incident-what-we-know-and-dont-know/8714547002/

The school has announced it will be closed Monday but will have counselors there for any students that want to come in and talk to someone.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

12_Gauge_Chimp

Anyone else get a sinking feeling that whoever is responsible for this did so in retaliation for the Rittenhouse verdict or am I the only one ?

The fact this happened so soon after the Rittenhouse verdict is raising some red flags to me.

I mean, I could be totally wrong and this is completely unrelated to the Rittenhouse verdict, but it just seems odd to me.

woodsghost

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on November 21, 2021, 09:49:41 PM
Anyone else get a sinking feeling that whoever is responsible for this did so in retaliation for the Rittenhouse verdict or am I the only one ?

The fact this happened so soon after the Rittenhouse verdict is raising some red flags to me.

I mean, I could be totally wrong and this is completely unrelated to the Rittenhouse verdict, but it just seems odd to me.

You are not the only one. Chatter from friends is pretty focused on the trial being a cause, but obviously that is speculation. A media article tried to suggest it was Islamic Terrorists. If correct in the preparator/reasoning, their timing was off.

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: woodsghost on November 22, 2021, 06:21:40 AM
Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on November 21, 2021, 09:49:41 PM

You are not the only one. Chatter from friends is pretty focused on the trial being a cause, but obviously that is speculation. A media article tried to suggest it was Islamic Terrorists. If correct in the preparator/reasoning, their timing was off.

From what I'm hearing, the person was fleeing the scene of another crime (a robbery, from what I've heard) and his route of escape just happened to be down the road the Christmas parade was on.

As to the gunshots, my guess is he figured he'd cause a panic in the crowd and the cops would back off to focus on that instead of him.

Dude apparently had a rather extensive rap sheet and had been let out on bail a couple days prior to this.

Raptor

Note I merged a duplicate post into this thread.

A link to and article showing the suspect. I do not want to use his name or photo in respect to the victims of this incident/attack.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4117021/darrell-brooks-wisconsin-arrested-christmas-parade/

Please do remember our preferred protocol...no naming the suspect/perp to avoid glamorizing the suspect/perp.

An update:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/waukesha/news/2021/11/21/waukesha-christmas-parade-car-rams-through-downtown-shots-fired-people-injured/8714041002/
Quote"At this time, we can confirm that 5 people are deceased and over 40 are injured," the statement said. "However, these numbers may change as we collect additional information."

Quote"The vehicle struck more than 20 individuals. Some of the individuals were children and there were some fatalities as a result of this incident," he said.

This is just regarding the children brought to the hospital.
https://childrenswi.org/newshub/stories/waukesha-christmas-parade-incident?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=promotedpost&utm_content=facebook-waukesha-incident-2021-11&utm_campaign=social-web
Wisconsin
11:30 a.m.
Update on the kids we've cared for at Children's Wisconsin:

18 kids were brought to Children's Wisconsin Emergency Department.

Ages ranged from 3 to 16, which includes three sets of siblings.

Injuries ranged from facial abrasions, to broken bones, to serious head injuries.

Six of the patients were sent to surgery last night and two additional patients are undergoing surgery today.

Two kids were discharged last night. The other 16 were admitted to the hospital (10 to to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, PICU, and six to other areas of the hospital).

Of the 10 kids in the PICU:
Six are in critical condition
Three are in serious condition
One is in fair condition.

Other victims dead include members of the "Dancing Grannies":
https://www.facebook.com/Milwaukeedancingrannies/

Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

majorhavoc

News media reporting driver was out on $1,000 bail after being accused of deliberately running over the mother of his child. Re-read that as many times as it takes to sink in.

I have no words ...
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

Raptor

Assuming this article is correct as written, which these days is not to be taken for granted as the truth:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2021/11/22/suspect-waukesha-parade-incident-identified-darrell-brooks-jr/8717524002/

The bail was for his 3rd incident involving violence.
Quote...posted $1,000 bond on Nov. 11 in the most recent incident and was released from Milwaukee County Jail on Nov. 16, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office. He also was charged in July 2020 with two felony counts of second-degree recklessly endangering the safety of others using a dangerous weapon. Both cases are ongoing.

The recent $1,000 bail recommended by prosecutors, and accepted by the court commissioner, was "inappropriately low" given the nature of the charges, according to a statement Monday from the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office, led by District Attorney John Chisholm.

The bail also was not consistent with the office's approach to cases "involving violent crime, nor was it consistent with the risk assessment of the defendant prior to setting of bail," the statement read.

"This office is currently conducting an internal review of the decision to make the recent bail recommendation in this matter in order to determine the appropriate next steps."

But don't worry they are reviewing the decision.... :rolleyes1:

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

woodsghost

Quote from: Raptor on November 22, 2021, 02:40:07 PM
Assuming this article is correct as written, which these days is not to be taken for granted as the truth:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2021/11/22/suspect-waukesha-parade-incident-identified-darrell-brooks-jr/8717524002/

The bail was for his 3rd incident involving violence.
Quote...posted $1,000 bond on Nov. 11 in the most recent incident and was released from Milwaukee County Jail on Nov. 16, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office. He also was charged in July 2020 with two felony counts of second-degree recklessly endangering the safety of others using a dangerous weapon. Both cases are ongoing.

The recent $1,000 bail recommended by prosecutors, and accepted by the court commissioner, was "inappropriately low" given the nature of the charges, according to a statement Monday from the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office, led by District Attorney John Chisholm.

The bail also was not consistent with the office's approach to cases "involving violent crime, nor was it consistent with the risk assessment of the defendant prior to setting of bail," the statement read.

"This office is currently conducting an internal review of the decision to make the recent bail recommendation in this matter in order to determine the appropriate next steps."

But don't worry they are reviewing the decision.... :rolleyes1:

The reading I've done so far says "inappropriately low" is a consistent theme with that DAs office. Again, media reporting cannot be assumed to be accurate.

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: majorhavoc on November 22, 2021, 01:22:23 PM
News media reporting driver was out on $1,000 bail after being accused of deliberately running over the mother of his child. Re-read that as many times as it takes to sink in.

I have no words ...

I have a few words, but given I'm in polite company I'll keep them to myself.

Let's just say the words I'm thinking of would make even R. Lee Ermey blush.

Raptor

If this correct...
The words "You are fired" need to uttered to any in the process who accepted the bail level without a notice of protest.

Raptor

So in addition to the recent violent activity the driver is a registered sex offender with an outstanding warrant at the time he was granted $1,000 for the last instance of violence.

QuoteSo far, five Americans have been confirmed dead and 48 others remain injured. Some of the victims are children, police have confirmed.

Records out of Nevada reveal that redacted name has been a tier 2 registered sex offender since November 1, 2006 when he was convicted of statutory sexual seduction.

SNIP

The Washoe County Sheriff's Office in Nevada confirmed that they have an active warrant out
SNIP

Sources:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/22/wisconsin-parade-massacre-suspect-convicted-for-impregnating-teen-girl/

https://news.yahoo.com/waukesha-attack-darrell-brooks-identified-152149275.html

Yes that is really the world have have today.

Lambykins

Quote from: Raptor on November 23, 2021, 12:32:47 PM
So in addition to the recent violent activity the driver is a registered sex offender with an outstanding warrant at the time he was granted $1,000 for the last instance of violence.

QuoteSo far, five Americans have been confirmed dead and 48 others remain injured. Some of the victims are children, police have confirmed.

Records out of Nevada reveal that redacted name has been a tier 2 registered sex offender since November 1, 2006 when he was convicted of statutory sexual seduction.

SNIP

The Washoe County Sheriff's Office in Nevada confirmed that they have an active warrant out
SNIP

Sources:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/22/wisconsin-parade-massacre-suspect-convicted-for-impregnating-teen-girl/

From the first article:
From 2002 to 2020, in addition to the rape conviction, name redacted has:

Been convicted on felony drug charges
Convicted for obstructing an officer
Charged with reckless endangerment
Charged with having a firearm as a felon
Pleaded no contest for allegedly strangling a woman
Pleaded guilty to drug and bail jumping charges
Pleaded guilty to resisting arrest
Pleaded guilty to felony drug charges
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

woodsghost

Quote from: Lambykins on November 23, 2021, 03:29:48 PM
Quote from: Raptor on November 23, 2021, 12:32:47 PM

SNIP

SNIP

Sources:

From the first article:
From 2002 to 2020, in addition to the rape conviction, name redacted has:

Been convicted on felony drug charges
Convicted for obstructing an officer
Charged with reckless endangerment
Charged with having a firearm as a felon
Pleaded no contest for allegedly strangling a woman
Pleaded guilty to drug and bail jumping charges
Pleaded guilty to resisting arrest
Pleaded guilty to felony drug charges

In my experience, offenders have been arrested about 3-5 times more than than their charge count. And they commit crimes way more often than their arrest record count. Like 10x-100x more.

SCBrian

I know locally, the PD have taken to throwing every possible charge at a person in hopes of having something stick.  Unfortunately once it hits our local DA's office it often goes like this:
Charges for:
Assault & Batt, Felon with a gun, resisting arrest, much drugs of multiple types, Selling on the front lawn of a school....etc, etc, etc...
DA : "If you plead guilty to possession of this tiny amount of weed, I'll throw out the rest, and set a small bail..."
felon: "Ok"
DA : "Woot! Another win!"

BattleVersion wrote:  "For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders."

NT2C

I honestly believe that there are times when, after the trial is over the firing squad should assemble in the courtyard.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk