OLight pocket clips

Started by slipkid42, September 08, 2022, 07:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slipkid42

So I know there's alot of love for OLight on here, I have a few of their lights as well.  One is the i5t.  I have caught the pocket clip on a number of things and it's stretched and bent and loose.  I know they sell replacement clips, but they always take them away during their deal times.  Does anyone know of replacement clips that work, that are less expensive than the OLight ones?  

majorhavoc

Sorry no leads on replacement clips.  But have you tried bending the existing clip back into shape?  Think of it as a self reliance exercise if the S ever truly HTF.  The ability to repair and improvise will suddenly become very important.
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

EBuff75

Quote from: majorhavoc on September 08, 2022, 08:51:22 PMSorry no leads on replacement clips.  But have you tried bending the existing clip back into shape?  Think of it as a self reliance exercise if the S ever truly HTF.  The ability to repair and improvise will suddenly become very important.
I have bent the pocket clip on my Zebralight back into place many times and probably even more times for the pocket clips on my SOG pocket knives.  No issues thus far. 
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

NT2C

Quote from: slipkid42 on September 08, 2022, 07:40:24 PMSo I know there's alot of love for OLight on here, I have a few of their lights as well.  One is the i5t.  I have caught the pocket clip on a number of things and it's stretched and bent and loose.  I know they sell replacement clips, but they always take them away during their deal times.  Does anyone know of replacement clips that work, that are less expensive than the OLight ones? 
Send them an email and they'll probably send you a replacement clip.  Their customer service is pretty good.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles
Current Weather in My AO

slipkid42

Thanks for the replies.

I have bent it back many times, can't seem to get it tight enough.  

I will try an email, what's the worst they can say "no"   :)

majorhavoc

Quote from: slipkid42 on September 09, 2022, 10:06:27 AMThanks for the replies.

I have bent it back many times, can't seem to get it tight enough. 

I will try an email, what's the worst they can say "no"  :)
Tell them Sootch00 said they'd do right by you.  :smiley_knipoog:
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

Raptor

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers.

As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk