Is this the place to ask questions about the new forum?

Started by Tony D Tiger, June 13, 2021, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

Quote from: Crosscut on May 25, 2022, 07:15:16 AMNot sure this comment belongs here but it didn't seem worthy of its own thread.  Noticed this morning that the ZS wikipedia page was updated to indicate the demise of the forum,

QuoteAs of July 1st 2021 the forum has been deactivated.

Maybe someone could suggest an edit to that section of the wiki that indicates the existence of UFoZS?  "As of July 1st 2021 the forum has been deactivated, although a group of former administrators and moderators created a new forum with the same rules and ideological stance as the original."?  Sure it's self-serving for us, but it's relevant and factual and might help increase membership here.
I'm afraid that's not going to be possible.  The ZS BoD wanted it kept clear that we are not affiliated with them. Such a note would make it seem we are
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on May 25, 2022, 10:47:50 AM
Quote from: Crosscut on May 25, 2022, 07:15:16 AMNot sure this comment belongs here but it didn't seem worthy of its own thread.  Noticed this morning that the ZS wikipedia page was updated to indicate the demise of the forum,

Maybe someone could suggest an edit to that section of the wiki that indicates the existence of UFoZS?  "As of July 1st 2021 the forum has been deactivated, although a group of former administrators and moderators created a new forum with the same rules and ideological stance as the original."?  Sure it's self-serving for us, but it's relevant and factual and might help increase membership here.
I'm afraid that's not going to be possible.  The ZS BoD wanted it kept clear that we are not affiliated with them. Such a note would make it seem we are

Would starting our own Wikipedia entry be possible or do we have to wait until we're a significant enough place to be notable there ?

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on May 25, 2022, 02:59:16 PM

Would starting our own Wikipedia entry be possible or do we have to wait until we're a significant enough place to be notable there ?
Too soon, IMHO.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on May 25, 2022, 04:29:04 PM

Too soon, IMHO.

So we wait awhile and then make our own Wikipedia page ?

That sounds fair.

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on May 25, 2022, 04:32:09 PM
Quote from: NT2C on May 25, 2022, 04:29:04 PM

Too soon, IMHO.

So we wait awhile and then make our own Wikipedia page ?

That sounds fair.
The odd part is that I'm an approved Wikipedia editor.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

I've had the urge to sign up to edit Wikipedia pages, but part of me says "You've got too many accounts to places online already, doofus."

The other part is distracted by stuff on sale over on Midway USA. :smiley_crocodile:

EBuff75

Okay, so how did I miss the "More" button in the emoticons list until today?  I'd seen various emoticons which weren't in the standard list, but just thought that people had a trick to pull them in from somewhere else.  Yay!  :smiley_cheer:
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

NT2C

Quote from: EBuff75 on June 02, 2022, 10:23:48 AMOkay, so how did I miss the "More" button in the emoticons list until today?  I'd seen various emoticons which weren't in the standard list, but just thought that people had a trick to pull them in from somewhere else.  Yay!  :smiley_cheer:
Just so as not to drive you crazy, there are tricks to getting non-standard and "not open to the general public" ones.  There are several that are in the standard list but not displayed in it, you have to know the "code" to use them.  There are also ways of bringing in ones from elsewhere.

:booty1:

Current Weather in My AO

Rednex

Do we want to do the UFoZS fleet numbers or wait and see what happens?

majorhavoc

Boy, you can learn the darnest things just by hitting the quote button.

:booty1:
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

NT2C

Quote from: Rednex on June 02, 2022, 05:58:31 PMDo we want to do the UFoZS fleet numbers or wait and see what happens?
Give it another year.  I have a few things planned but I have to do a bit of prep work first.

Current Weather in My AO

NapalmMan67

Fleet numbers?  Are we getting those for our vehicles like they had on the old site?
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc-  Not just pretty words.

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NapalmMan67 on June 03, 2022, 04:00:58 PMFleet numbers?  Are we getting those for our vehicles like they had on the old site?

It's in the works, but it may be a bit until we fully roll out the program.

NapalmMan67

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on June 03, 2022, 04:21:07 PM
Quote from: NapalmMan67 on June 03, 2022, 04:00:58 PMFleet numbers?  Are we getting those for our vehicles like they had on the old site?

Can we pre order/request numbers up front?

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NapalmMan67 on June 06, 2022, 03:23:34 PM

I'd ask NT2C about that. I really don't know enough about the program to give an answer on that.

NT2C

Depends on who does the bookkeeping involved.  Some of us can be rather relaxed in our handling of things  :smiley_hippie: while others may be more strict  :smiley_talktothehand:

Current Weather in My AO

NapalmMan67

Quote from: NT2C on June 06, 2022, 05:47:00 PM

Depends on who does the bookkeeping involved.  Some of us can be rather relaxed in our handling of things  :smiley_hippie: while others may be more strict  :smiley_talktothehand:

Book keeping?  I can make a simple Excel sheet for tracking who/numbers assigned etc.  Let me know how I can help or when we could discuss further... Once the dust settles and we get to that point anyway.

:shades:

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

Can I upload pics with this new software? If yes what do I click to attach one?

Halfapint

So not sure where to add this, but here seems to work. I can't seem to start new thread or anything. I can reply to threads already started. Just can't start a new one.

Thoughts??
The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Halfapint on December 10, 2022, 04:17:40 PMSo not sure where to add this, but here seems to work. I can't seem to start new thread or anything. I can reply to threads already started. Just can't start a new one.

Thoughts??

There should be a little tab on the right side of whatever page you're on that says "User Actions". Click on that and it'll bring up a small menu that has the option to start a new topic.

If that doesn't work, I'll ask NT2C and see what's going on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk