2021 Hurricane Season

Started by RickOShea, June 15, 2021, 10:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickOShea

Chipmunk

I think we are going to see more of Joe Bastardi's prediction on the Euro models, with it taking a Allison trajectory with a more NW track through LA.

Raptor

Note Hotlinked map (should be) always be the most current version of this map.

The latest guesses on #92 as of 12pm cdt 6/16/21

Somewhere on the GOM coast between FL and Mexico seems to be the consensus of opinion... :)

In fairness, it is still too early to tell.

Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

Blast

Space City Weather (one of the few somewhat trustworthy weather predictors) says it looks like this current storm will miss Houston. :)
https://spacecityweather.com/tropics-forecast-becoming-clearer-as-houston-weekend-outlook-improves/
-Blast

My book*: Outdoor Adventures Guide - Foraging
Foraging Texas
Medicine Man Plant Co.
DrMerriwether on YouTube
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Raptor

I really have no "feel" this one. It does not seem to have lot of directional indicators at least to me.

I am already getting notices from my utility company about the potential of a loss of power.

IMO I suggest everyone on the GOM pay attention for the next couple of days.

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

RickOShea

Local newz is saying prepare for 6 to 8 inches of rain and 30-40 mph gusts this weekend.

RickOShea

There looks to be some significant tornado damage about 50 miles northeast of me in Brewton, AL, with several homes and the High School damaged.

Not much excitement here at the Oshea Armadillo Ranch & Coyote Preserve. According to my weather sensor we got a little over 3.5 inches of rain and a wind gust of 29 mph.

RickOShea

sheddi

The problem with live linked maps is that when I come along a week after the event I've got no idea what ot was that you were getting interested in  :smiley_chinrub:

RickOShea

RickOShea

Raptor

Quote from: sheddi on June 24, 2021, 07:18:48 AM
The problem with live linked maps is that when I come along a week after the event I've got no idea what ot was that you were getting interested in  :smiley_chinrub:

That is actually a good thing...it is gone and there was not much damage. :)

RickOShea

RickOShea

boskone

Me: "Dang...I'm supposed to have vacation that around then."
Me, 5 seconds later: "Wait...I'm not in disaster recovery anymore."

15-ish years has apparently lead to some deeply ingrained habits.

RickOShea

Quote from: boskone on June 30, 2021, 11:24:48 PM

I transferred from the Linecrew to the engineering dept a few years ago, so I no longer go out-of-town for storm duty.....and its starting to show on my waistline. Working 16 hour days for two weeks at a time, you could drop 15 to 20 pounds pretty easily*.  :icon_crazy:

*Except when working in Acadiana, cause those folks feed you too well.

boskone

Quote from: RickOShea on July 01, 2021, 01:13:42 PM

I transferred from the Linecrew to the engineering dept a few years ago, so I no longer go out-of-town for storm duty.....and its starting to show on my waistline. Working 16 hour days for two weeks at a time, you could drop 15 to 20 pounds pretty easily*.  :icon_crazy:

Truth.  And since I got time-and-a-half, the paychecks were nice.

Useful and well-paid, not a bad combination.

RickOShea

Quote from: boskone on July 01, 2021, 01:32:24 PM
Quote from: RickOShea on July 01, 2021, 01:13:42 PM

Truth.  And since I got time-and-a-half, the paychecks were nice.

Useful and well-paid, not a bad combination.
The 2004 season was my best for hurricane OT.  I ended up with 784 hours of overtime that year.

RickOShea

That is a fast moving storm.

RickOShea

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk