Fishing Nets

Started by Halfapint, May 01, 2023, 02:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfapint

I got my daily (or thrice daily) email from Major surplus.

US FISH NET and I got to thinking how useful would these be? Has anyone ever used these particular nets? I know netfishing works but I often seem used in Asian countries to catch smaller fish and have a much fiber mesh than this.

Would the be worth investing in?

Also sorry I was going to post in bargains but my question was more focused around the usefulness if said net. So mods feel free to move
The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MacWa77ace

Quote from: Halfapint on May 01, 2023, 02:18:31 PMI got my daily (or thrice daily) email from Major surplus.

US FISH NET and I got to thinking how useful would these be? Has anyone ever used these particular nets? I know netfishing works but I often seem used in Asian countries to catch smaller fish and have a much fiber mesh than this.

Would the be worth investing in?

Also sorry I was going to post in bargains but my question was more focused around the usefulness if said net. So mods feel free to move

I would say those are for cammo or decoration and not for fishing. I think they would be terrible for fishing since the fish can see them. Unless you're going to block a fast flowing stream where the water flow drives them into the net and holds them there until you pull it out. Or string it between two crossed poles for an 'area' dip net.

Get a monofilament cast net for fishing.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
Ask me about my Fully Semi-Automatic 30-Mag clip death gun .

Halfapint

Quote from: MacWa77ace on May 01, 2023, 02:53:36 PMGet a monofilament cast net for fishing.

That's kinda what I was thinking it's either for a dip net or across a stream net. That's what I was trying to clarify. We have lots of streams around my area and even a lake that's a few blocks away.

I hadn't thought of a camo net. I mean I suppose it could be? But not very practical
The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MacWa77ace

is it kosher to net freshwater gamefish in your AO?
What type of fish are in your streams?

In my AO its not legal to net freshwater gamefish, only baitfish and non indigenous.

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
Ask me about my Fully Semi-Automatic 30-Mag clip death gun .

Uomo Senza Nome

After watching the last four seasons of Alone and their terrible luck with fishing, you likely would do better with one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillnetting

Which you can make from that material you posted.

Caveat: Never used one, basing my advice on watching a TV show about people harvesting fish to survive.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. "

"There's plain few problems can't be solved with a little sweat and hard work."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk