Is this the place to ask questions about the new forum?

Started by Tony D Tiger, June 13, 2021, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfapint

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 10, 2022, 04:38:54 PM
Quote from: Halfapint on December 10, 2022, 04:17:40 PMSo not sure where to add this, but here seems to work. I can't seem to start new thread or anything. I can reply to threads already started. Just can't start a new one.

Thoughts??

There should be a little tab on the right side of whatever page you're on that says "User Actions". Click on that and it'll bring up a small menu that has the option to start a new topic.

If that doesn't work, I'll ask NT2C and see what's going on.

Weird, so I was checking there but all I had was mark all read. I go there now and it seems to be there this time, along with poll and some other stuff. So no idea, but seems to be working for me! You just have the magic touch!

ETA: I now see alerts and other things I didn't see before either. So it seems I was logged out without being logged out.
The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Halfapint on December 10, 2022, 04:41:32 PM
Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 10, 2022, 04:38:54 PM
Quote from: Halfapint on December 10, 2022, 04:17:40 PMSo not sure where to add this, but here seems to work. I can't seem to start new thread or anything. I can reply to threads already started. Just can't start a new one.

Thoughts??

There should be a little tab on the right side of whatever page you're on that says "User Actions". Click on that and it'll bring up a small menu that has the option to start a new topic.

If that doesn't work, I'll ask NT2C and see what's going on.

Weird, so I was checking there but all I had was mark all read. I go there now and it seems to be there this time, along with poll and some other stuff. So no idea, but seems to be working for me! You just have the magic touch!

ETA: I now see alerts and other things I didn't see before either. So it seems I was logged out without being logged out.

Glad to hear things got fixed for you, Halfapint.

Invictis

I recently discovered this board and really appreciate your efforts.  I really like the feel and the vibe of this community.  In setting up my account I embarrassingly misspelled the username that I wanted.  It should have been Invictus not Invictis.  So I am wondering if you could change the name to Invictus or alternately delete the account so I could register again with the correct name?  thanks

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Invictis on December 12, 2022, 02:01:14 PMI recently discovered this board and really appreciate your efforts.  I really like the feel and the vibe of this community.  In setting up my account I embarrassingly misspelled the username that I wanted.  It should have been Invictus not Invictis.  So I am wondering if you could change the name to Invictus or alternately delete the account so I could register again with the correct name?  thanks

Let me ask NT2C about that and I'll get back to you, Invictus.

It shouldn't be too hard to just change the spelling of your name instead of going through the whole re-registering deal.

Invictis

Thanks, that would be wonderful.  I sent him a PM before I found this thread and posted my question.

NT2C

Quote from: Invictis on December 12, 2022, 02:25:16 PMThanks, that would be wonderful.  I sent him a PM before I found this thread and posted my question.
See your PMs
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

Invictis

Thanks, Everyone.  PMs read.  Your help is appreciated.

Invictus

Hello everyone.  My original Invictis/Invictus account became unusable.  Once the Admin changed the Username to Invictus, the account wanted me to log in again.  I found that my previous password did not work.  When I tried to log in with no success, the board provided me a link to click on to have my password reset, but it never sent me an email to reset it my password despite clicking on it numerous times.  So I had to set up an account with a different name from a different email address. 

I want to make it clear that I am not trying to set up multiple accounts, but that my previous one no longer works.

I think I will keep this one exactly as it is and avoid any problems.  Thanks everyone and I am very glad to be here.

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Invictus2 on December 13, 2022, 02:13:44 PMHello everyone.  My original Invictis/Invictus account became unusable.  Once the Admin changed the Username to Invictus, the account wanted me to log in again.  I found that my previous password did not work.  When I tried to log in with no success, the board provided me a link to click on to have my password reset, but it never sent me an email to reset it my password despite clicking on it numerous times.  So I had to set up an account with a different name from a different email address. 

I want to make it clear that I am not trying to set up multiple accounts, but that my previous one no longer works.

I think I will keep this one exactly as it is and avoid any problems.  Thanks everyone and I am very glad to be here.

Did you check your spam folder ?

I sometimes get emails from places like CDNN Sports or Geissele and my email will put them in the spam folder.

Invictus

Oh yes, I checked the spam folder and the trash folder and there was nothing there.

I will just stay this way.  Thanks

I would almost suggest that you delete the other account, but I am afraid that someone might accidentally delete this one by mistake.

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: Invictus2 Actual on December 13, 2022, 02:46:19 PMOh yes, I checked the spam folder and the trash folder and there was nothing there.

I would almost suggest that you delete the other account, but I am afraid that someone might accidentally delete this one by mistake.

If this one is connected to a different email than the original Invictus account, I don't think it'll be affected if the old account is deleted.

I'm also not the most intelligent person when it comes to how the forum software works, so take that for what it's worth.

NT2C

Quote from: Invictus2 on December 13, 2022, 02:46:19 PMOh yes, I checked the spam folder and the trash folder and there was nothing there.

Looking at our mail server logs, the emails do seem to have been sent.  Not sure why you didn't get them.  I found out that the system auto-deletes your previous PW when the account name is changed and emails you a new one.  The logs show that went out.   :smiley_shrug:

Current Weather in My AO

Invictus

It sure did auto delete my previous password.  The board provided a link to send me an email to reset the password.  I clicked on it many times, but I never received anything.  It was kind of frustrating because I was thinking here I found a new messageboard that looks to be really good and fun to participate in, but now I can't participate because I just *had* to ask for them to make changes to my accounts  So I set up a new account using a different email address.

Feel free to delete the other account if it causes any confusion. This account is Invictus2 with a screen name of Invictus2 Actual to distinguish this account from the other one.

thanks

NT2C

Quote from: Invictus2 Actual on December 13, 2022, 03:07:07 PMIt sure did auto delete my previous password.  The board provided a link to send me an email to reset the password.  I clicked on it many times, but I never received anything.  It was kind of frustrating because I was thinking here I found a new messageboard that looks to be really good and fun to participate in, but now I can't participate because I just *had* to ask for them to make changes to my accounts  So I set up a new account using a different email address.

Feel free to delete the other account if it causes any confusion. This account is Invictus2 with a screen name of Invictus2 Actual to distinguish this account from the other one.

thanks
The previous account has been deleted.  I would suggest that maybe if we try to get rid of that "2" in the future that we setup a default PW that I can enter for you, or that you send an email to admin@ufozs.com and we can then work to get you back online.

Current Weather in My AO

Invictus

Quote from: NT2C on December 13, 2022, 03:10:52 PMThe previous account has been deleted.  I would suggest that maybe if we try to get rid of that "2" in the future that we setup a default PW that I can enter for you, or that you send an email to admin@ufozs.com and we can then work to get you back online.

Thanks.  I appreciate all of your help.  I think I will just stay with this account the way it is and avoid any more trouble for myself and especially for the board staff. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk