For me one of the Best Examples of a Bug Out Bag

Started by Bruno_GO, April 05, 2023, 10:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bruno_GO

This bugout bag was posted on the defunct Zombie Squad Forum, around 8 years ago. For me, it´s a beacon to follow.

Anybody here is the owner? If yes, you could describe the itens?

Besides that, if not, who can identify the items.

flybynight

"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: flybynight on April 05, 2023, 11:28:23 AMWhiskey and dynamite. I like it.  :slide:

I could be wrong, but I think those are just flares, FBN.

Although, knowing some of the folks from the old boards I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was dynamite. :eek1:

ETA: By the way, welcome to UFoZS, Bruno_GO.

When you get a chance, please post an introduction in the New  Members Introductions section.

MacWa77ace

I thought they were cigars, whiskey and cigars. Now we're talking.

That pack looks really small to bugout. Is that even a 3 day sized pack?

Guns, ammo, whiskey, cigars, knife, spare underwear.


And that's all I need to bug out.


Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks


12_Gauge_Chimp

Looking closer at it, it may be more like a get home bag instead of a bug out bag.


MacWa77ace

I think you're right, only a couple MRE's. No change of clothes.
That's a GBHB.

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks


MacWa77ace

Left to Right

AR w/ Aimpoint, sling and stock sleeve/ extra mag.
Gloves
Rain gear??? Hammock?? IDK
Nalgene water bottle.
MRE's
Revolver/ammo/speed loader
folding shovel
Multi tool
Sleeping bag
fire steel
Assaulter Backpack
shemagh
Binos
Flashlight
Energy food.
Lighter(s)
fixed blade/sheath/sharpener
Water purifier tablets
multi tool
Med Kit
Lensatic compass and bag.
Hydration bladder w/ drinking tube
Unknown clothing
JD
Pelican case / small
humidifier or fire kit
multiple cigars
Phone case
Smart phone

To much redundancy for a GBHB.
Not nearly enough to comfortably bug out for more than one day.



Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks


12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: MacWa77ace on April 05, 2023, 01:30:24 PMI think you're right, only a couple MRE's. No change of clothes.
That's a GBHB.



The change of clothes could be inside the bag itself, Mac.

Underneath the binoculars, it appears there's a camo sleeve (looks like MARPAT camo to me) that could be maybe a long sleeve shirt or BDU top.

MacWa77ace

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on April 05, 2023, 02:17:54 PM
Quote from: MacWa77ace on April 05, 2023, 01:30:24 PMI think you're right, only a couple MRE's. No change of clothes.
That's a GBHB.



The change of clothes could be inside the bag itself, Mac.

Underneath the binoculars, it appears there's a camo sleeve (looks like MARPAT camo to me) that could be maybe a long sleeve shirt or BDU top.

Oh, I listed that as a shemagh. Assumed that the pack was empty since they were showing everything that goes in the pack. Also doing some cubic liter calculations and wondering how all that stuff fits in there. LOL.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks


12_Gauge_Chimp

It could still be a shemagh, but I don't recall ever seeing one in MARPAT camo.

To be fair, I also don't really pay attention to shemagh patterns much anyway.

Another thing I'm curious about is the big bottle of Jack Daniel's. If you're carrying alcohol in your GHB or BOB, wouldn't it make more sense to use a smaller bottle preferably made of plastic instead of glass.

I mean, Jack Daniel's bottles are pretty damn resilient, but still. One good tumble and now everything is soaked in alcohol and you smell like a cheap motel room during Spring Break on South Padre Island.

MacWa77ace

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on April 05, 2023, 02:52:50 PMIt could still be a shemagh, but I don't recall ever seeing one in MARPAT camo.

To be fair, I also don't really pay attention to shemagh patterns much anyway.

Another thing I'm curious about is the big bottle of Jack Daniel's. If you're carrying alcohol in your GHB or BOB, wouldn't it make more sense to use a smaller bottle preferably made of plastic instead of glass.

I mean, Jack Daniel's bottles are pretty damn resilient, but still. One good tumble and now everything is soaked in alcohol and you smell like a cheap motel room during Spring Break on South Padre Island.
:smiley_clap: You're thinking of movie bottles. IRL a skull will crack before the bottle breaks. [there's a song in there somewhere]

I'm pretty sure that's in there for a joke, and the cigars. One of those pints barely does it for me. Plus you may need to disinfect a wound right? But yeah, I regularly transfer into water bottles and flasks. So multiple containers.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks


flybynight

Quote from: MacWa77ace on April 05, 2023, 01:50:24 PMLeft to Right

AR w/ Aimpoint, sling and stock sleeve/ extra mag.
Gloves
Rain gear??? Hammock?? IDK
Nalgene water bottle.
MRE's
Revolver/ammo/speed loader
folding shovel
Multi tool
Sleeping bag
fire steel
Assaulter Backpack
shemagh
Binos
Flashlight
Energy food.
Lighter(s)
fixed blade/sheath/sharpener
Water purifier tablets
multi tool
Med Kit
Lensatic compass and bag.
Hydration bladder w/ drinking tube
Unknown clothing
JD
Pelican case / small
humidifier or fire kit
multiple cigars
Phone case
Smart phone

To much redundancy for a GBHB.
Not nearly enough to comfortably bug out for more than one day.




So what's in the yellow transporting box with the dynamite looking cigars?
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

Raptor

#12
IIRC The yellow box has cigars (cigars and whiskey, hence the JD, was the post context).

If it is dynamite there are no detonators (at least visible anyway).
Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

flybynight

The problem I struggle with in my GHB and INCH is weight .  And I can't justify the weight of that bottle of whiskey or the space taken up by the yellow container.   I wish there was a list so we could see exactly what the owner included  as I have difficulty identifying some of the items  and can't see things  I consider essential  but don't see. For some situations this is a more than adequate bag  . In my situation it might work  as a GHB  at warmer times of the year . Love the pistol.   Excellent first post Bruno
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

MacWa77ace

Quote from: flybynight on April 06, 2023, 05:19:15 AMSo what's in the yellow transporting box with the dynamite looking cigars?

I think it's something to do with cigars. I suggested humidifier, which would turn the case into a humidor. IDK though. Just guessing.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks


MacWa77ace

My GBHB only has clothes and shoes. Which when I change out of my work clothes will be empty and I'll transfer some stuff from my vehicle and MedKit and EDC bag.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks


tirls

My GHB contains a rain poncho, two cereal bars and a spare underpant. Everything else I need is in my EDC and I always wear weather appropriate clothing. I really don't need more to keep going for two to three days.
I have a bag next to our entrance door that I can add to my GHB to form my BOB, putting the total weight at around 5kg without water.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk