Notable Deaths of 2021

Started by NT2C, June 06, 2021, 06:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

As is customary, may this remain the emptiest thread on the site.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

Lambykins

Clarence Williams III, "linc" of Mod Squad, passed today at age 81.

[mod] Fixed link.
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

NT2C

Quote from: Lambykins on June 06, 2021, 07:45:35 PM

[mod] Fixed link.

Aw, man... not Linc!  :smiley_rasta:

:(

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Chip McCormick, best known for his 1911 magazines, passed away on June 5, 2021.

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

MPMalloy

Raptor

Yet another prison suicide.
Antivirus software pioneer John McAfee dead after prison suicide: report
https://nypost.com/2021/06/23/john-mcafee-dies-by-suicide-inside-prison-in-barcelona/
Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

RickOShea

BBC -John McAfee: Anti-virus creator found dead in prison cell

Anti-virus software entrepreneur John McAfee has been found dead in a Barcelona prison cell, just hours after a Spanish court agreed to extradite him to the US to face tax evasion charges.

The Catalan Justice Department said prison medics tried to resuscitate him, but were not successful. It said in a statement that "everything indicates" Mr McAfee took his own life.

A controversial figure, Mr McAfee's company released the first commercial anti-virus software. It helped to spark a multi-billion dollar industry in the computer world.

Lambykins

Quote from: RickOShea on June 23, 2021, 03:36:08 PM
BBC -John McAfee: Anti-virus creator found dead in prison cell

Anti-virus software entrepreneur John McAfee has been found dead in a Barcelona prison cell, just hours after a Spanish court agreed to extradite him to the US to face tax evasion charges.

The Catalan Justice Department said prison medics tried to resuscitate him, but were not successful. It said in a statement that "everything indicates" Mr McAfee took his own life.

A controversial figure, Mr McAfee's company released the first commercial anti-virus software. It helped to spark a multi-billion dollar industry in the computer world.

Holy fuck.
:eek1:
ETA:
https://www.cracked.com/article_30580_john-mcafee-was-a-weirdo-in-life-and-death.html?utm_campaign=social-account&utm_medium=link_new_timely&utm_source=facebookCKD&fbclid=IwAR1A5cLImE8s3QlO9aDTcXVfvLx539U9_91CwdKuqrX5FGw2XSAwrbCROPc
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

12_Gauge_Chimp

I'm wondering if the word "eccentric" would accurately describe John McAfee or there's another word that would fit better.

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on June 23, 2021, 05:38:09 PM
I'm wondering if the word "eccentric" would accurately describe John McAfee or there's another word that would fit better.
There are many, but I'll not speak ill of the dead.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

John Langley, best known as the creator of the TV show "COPS", passed away June 26th at the age of 78 from a heart attack.

He was competing in race in Baja, Mexico when he had the heart attack.

Raptor

From Chicago Zombie:

Hi there. I've been away from the ZS forums for quite some time due to health issues. And now I have a little zombie hunter that takes my time.
Anyway, I heard that the forums were going to read only & I figured I would see if it was possible to get TEC9man into the memorial section.
Sent: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:33 pm
Recipient: raptor2

Hi there. I've been away from the ZS forums for quite some time due to health issues. And now I have a little zombie hunter that takes my time.
Anyway, I heard that the forums were going to read only & I figured I would see if it was possible to get TEC9man into the memorial section.

He was a member of ZSC:020, but had been a member of the ZS forums since 2005.
He had a great sense of humor & stayed positive throughout all of his health struggles, which he posted about frequently. He also used to post movie reviews that people seemed to like.

This is his memorial info from a Chapter 20 thread:
"Post Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Services for TEC9man will be this Wednesday evening.
http://www.strangfh.com/obituary/randall-weiss

He even had a ZS emblem on his memorial table at his memorial service. He passed away in 2017, but there was no forum memorial section at that time.

Thank you for listening. I know this is last minute, but figured it was worth a shot. Feel free to use the link to his obituary if he is able to get to the memorial section.
Thanks,
-CZ / Lisa

Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

NT2C

Will do.

ETA: Looks like you managed it on your own.

Current Weather in My AO

Lambykins

Halfapint

The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NT2C

At precisely 0001 Eastern Daylight Time, the ZS Forums were shut down, as per the orders of the ZS "BoD" and my resignation as the ZS Forum Admin became effective.

I hope the fucking assholes are pleased with themselves.

Current Weather in My AO

SCBrian

Quote from: NT2C on June 30, 2021, 11:06:17 PM
At precisely 0001 Eastern Daylight Time, the ZS Forums were shut down, as per the orders of the ZS "BoD" and my resignation as the ZS Forum Admin became effective.

I hope the fucking assholes are pleased with themselves.

BattleVersion wrote:  "For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders."

flybynight

The Forum will continue to exist on Zombiehunters.org as archived so that the valuable information contained herein will remain available as a resource.

Well not so far.
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk