Review: Wurkkos G6 Headlamp

Started by NT2C, March 22, 2023, 05:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

AliExpress link to the item

I think I got the model right but it's hard to be sure because it is called different things in different places.  AliExpress calls it "Wurkkos G6 Headlamp", on the box the label says it's a "G-06 Headlamp", the instructions inside the box say it's a "B-50 Headlamp", and the photos on AliExpress refer to it as a "Glare Headlamp".  Safe to say, something got lost in translation.

Despite that, this is a pretty good headlamp, albeit very "budget".  I always buy lights from companies in China with batteries, since it's cheaper than buying the batteries elsewhere.  This shipped with a 5000mAh 21700 battery, a battery reducing sleeve to allow using a 18650, and a three AAA battery module.  For the life of me, I cannot even imagine trying to run this thing on AAA batteries. They'd probably scream as this sucked the life out of them.

The headlamp has two banks of lights, a main distance beam in one bank, four LEDs (two per side) that flank the main beam to give a wider pattern.  There are two buttons, one is a direct-to-turbo button from any mode, the other is a more conventional power button that steps through all the typical modes, including strobe.  There is a color on the end opposite the battery cap that covers a USB-C port and LED for charging.  Charging takes about 3 hours with the included big 21700 and you can use it as a battery bank to charge your phone.

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

EBuff75

I love that it's not called the 'Turbo' button, it's the 'Extremely Bright Switch'!  Probably a better description than 'Turbo'!  :smiley_clap:
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

NT2C

Quote from: EBuff75 on March 22, 2023, 06:04:01 PMI love that it's not called the 'Turbo' button, it's the 'Extremely Bright Switch'!  Probably a better description than 'Turbo'!  :smiley_clap:
I wore it all day and kept pushing that button repeatedly, but I don't feel any smarter.  :smiley_nah:

Current Weather in My AO

EBuff75

Quote from: NT2C on March 22, 2023, 07:10:13 PM
Quote from: EBuff75 on March 22, 2023, 06:04:01 PMI love that it's not called the 'Turbo' button, it's the 'Extremely Bright Switch'!  Probably a better description than 'Turbo'!  :smiley_clap:
I wore it all day and kept pushing that button repeatedly, but I don't feel any smarter.  :smiley_nah:
Dang!  I wondered about that as well.  I'll just have to stick with a hat to make me look more smarterer.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1272863268/bright-idea-easy-costume-lightbulb
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

NT2C

Quote from: EBuff75 on March 22, 2023, 07:20:09 PM
Quote from: NT2C on March 22, 2023, 07:10:13 PM
Dang!  I wondered about that as well.  I'll just have to stick with a hat to make me look more smarterer.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1272863268/bright-idea-easy-costume-lightbulb

Doesn't work on TVs either.  No matter how high you set the brightness the same old dumb shit still manages to get through.

Current Weather in My AO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk