Leather gloves. Sizing?

Started by Moab, October 12, 2021, 09:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moab

So i had some Danner dollars leftover. And i bought a pair of really nice goatskin gloves. Unlined. And sized to my hand. As there leather gloves are really well made. And size tailored to fit just about any hand.

https://www.danner.com/danner-glove-goatskin-unlined-roper.html

Well ive never had a pair of really nice fitted leather gloves. Just like thicker work gloves or those black military gloves. Anyway. My hand barely goes into these new gloves. But once it does these fit my hand and fingers perfectly.

My question is do i want to keep these that are tight but fit my hand perfectly?. Or do i want to exchange them for a half size up?

I was gonna treat them with saddle soap or something. So thought they would stay the same great fit or maybe even loosen a bit. Just so they wouldn't tighten.

Like i said, all ive ever had are those thick and loose work type leather gloves.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RonnyRonin

Personally I like to have to fight my hand into a pair of gloves if I'm going to wear them for any length of time; for gloves that are on and off frequently obviously this is less desirable.

They will tend to loosen up over time; Geier Gloves makes a great product. I got a pair of goat skin hestras and I've been pretty impressed by the combination of thinness and toughness it offers.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

MacWa77ace

Quote from: Moab on October 12, 2021, 09:48:19 PM

Well ive never had a pair of really nice fitted leather gloves. Just like thicker work gloves or those black military gloves. Anyway. My hand barely goes into these new gloves. But once it does these fit my hand and fingers perfectly.

My question is do i want to keep these that are tight but fit my hand perfectly?. Or do i want to exchange them for a half size up?

Are you really saying that these gloves 'fit like a glove'?  :smiley_lollol:

I think they may fit even better after a break in period but hard to get them on isn't a bad thing. Keep them and get the next size larger and then use both and return the second best.

I always have trouble finding gloves that fit the part between the tip of my index finger and the tip of my thumb, its always tight there at the index finger, even with a 3xl.

And mechanix stopped making the best fast fit model they ever made replacing it with meh. Not leather but OT for sizing.

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
97% of scientists agree with whoever is funding them.

RonnyRonin

Quote from: MacWa77ace on October 13, 2021, 09:08:41 AM

I always have trouble finding gloves that fit the part between the tip of my index finger and the tip of my thumb

same here; I have normal human sized hands so I only have to go up one size to fix it most of the time; but the best fit I've ever had for this particular issue is the SKD PIG delta gloves. Might be worth trying if they make them big enough for your paws.

RoneKiln

Quote from: RonnyRonin on October 12, 2021, 10:01:33 PM
Personally I like to have to fight my hand into a pair of gloves if I'm going to wear them for any length of time; for gloves that are on and off frequently obviously this is less desirable.

I second this. The gloves I wear hiking in cold weather are a bit of a pain to take on and off, and the good fit is worth it. I can reach in my pocket, take out my keys and start my car while wearing them. So I can definitely manipulate my pack straps, water bottle, and do most activities I need to outdoors with them on.

I tend to take work gloves on and off more often so I wouldn't want the same tight fit. Though I still prefer them slightly on the snug side.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Moab

I ended up returning them and ordering a half size bigger. Which is the sweet thing about these gloves. They aren't sized large, xlarge etc. They are sized by the circumference of your palm. And they come in 7 inch, 7.5 inch, 8 inch etc. So they go up in very small increments.  For an exact fit. They are expensive tho. They were on sale for 35. But regularly 50 dollars.

Ill post some pics when i get the perfect size in. I think 9.5 inch is going to get them slightly hard to get on. But with a perfect finger and palm fit.

They also sell bison and i think elk. Lined and unlined in similar sizes.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RonnyRonin

$35 for USA made gloves is a heckuva deal.

MacWa77ace

Well the S, M, L thing is based on measurements. It's that you are buying off the rack not custom fit.

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
97% of scientists agree with whoever is funding them.

Moab

Ill have them this afternoon. And will report back.

Mac - Not sure what your post means. I assume your saying either way ie. S, m, l sizing or palm size sizing are not custom. Agreed. I was just hapoily astonished tjat these fit my palm and fingers so well. I dont know how danner sizes the fingers. But they are not loose and sloppy like every other leather glove i have owned. Im sure the thin goatskin has something to do with it as well. Smaller seams. So the fingers are more like mechanix gloves.

Cant wait to try them on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk