Notable Deaths of 2021

Started by NT2C, June 06, 2021, 06:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBuff75

Jane Powell, best known for starring in the classic musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, has died at 92.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/entertainment/jane-powell-death-scli-intl/index.html
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

flybynight

"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

12_Gauge_Chimp

Actor Willie Garson, best known for his role in the HBO series "Sex and the City", passed away today at age 57. Cause of death was pancreatic cancer.

Mr. E. Monkey

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on September 21, 2021, 11:39:25 PM
Actor Willie Garson, best known for his role in the HBO series "Sex and the City, passed away today at age 57. Cause of death was pancreatic cancer.

He was in a couple of episodes of Stargate SG-1 too.  Played an alien hiding out on Earth, lost his memory, and such.  We actually just watched one of his episodes the other night.   :(

Pancreatic cancer, too...that sucks.  :gonk:
Quote from: SMoAF'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: BeowolfDisasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bushTHE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

MPMalloy

Paddy Moloney, founder of The Chieftains, has passed.  He was 83.

Paddy Moloney

EBuff75

"Three-time Newbery Honor author Gary Paulsen, known for his wilderness adventure novels for children such as 'Hatchet,' died this morning at age 82."   :cry:

https://comicbook.com/irl/news/gary-paulsen-writer-of-ya-hatchet-novels-dies-at-82/
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

EBuff75

Cole, of the 'Cole and Marmalade' channel on YouTube died this week at age 9 due to cancer.  If you watch cat videos, you probably know this channel and may have already seen the announcement.  Good hunting little house panther!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj-Z0XIvyTE

MPMalloy

Colin Luther Powell, GEN, Ret. (SecState).  He was 84.

flybynight

Quote from: MPMalloy on October 18, 2021, 07:36:00 AM

From complications of Covid

NT2C

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

RoneKiln

Quote from: flybynight on October 18, 2021, 09:14:26 AM
Quote from: MPMalloy on October 18, 2021, 07:36:00 AM

From complications of Covid

And multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that destroys the body's ability to fight infection.

A lazy google search tells me his Parkinson's was likely a major factor of his death as well.

I'm a little disturbed to see a lot of simplistic headlines in the media saying he died of covid while vaccinated. I'm concerned that will only add fuel to the politicizing of medical practices. While there were a few times I strongly disagreed with Powell, I believe he sincerely dedicated his life to serving others. I hope my cynicism is unwarranted and nobody succeeds in using his passing (or the poor quality of media coverage on his passing) to amplify conflict or to argue vaccines don't work.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Raptor

A friend died in 2020 he was in stage 4 pancreatic cancer and had a DNR order on his chart in 2019. In case you do not know that means a painful death was 99% likely within 6 months.  He contracted COVID and died. The cause of death was listed as COVID. The pancreatic cancer was not even listed as an underlying issue on the death certificate.

So yes people see COVID and ignore the underlying issues.
Folks you are on your own...Plan and act accordingly!

I will never claim to have all the answers. Depending upon the subject; I am also aware that I may not have all the questions much less the answers. As a result I am always willing to listen to others and work with them to arrive at the right answers to the applicable questions.

Mr. E. Monkey

Quote from: Raptor on October 19, 2021, 01:26:49 PM
A friend died in 2020 he was in stage 4 pancreatic cancer
Oh man, I'm sorry.   :eek1:
Quote from: SMoAF'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: BeowolfDisasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bushTHE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

flybynight

Quote from: Raptor on October 19, 2021, 01:26:49 PM
A friend died in 2020 he was in stage 4 pancreatic cancer and had a DNR order on his chart in 2019. In case you do not know that means a painful death was 99% likely within 6 months.  He contracted COVID and died. The cause of death was listed as COVID. The pancreatic cancer was not even listed as an underlying issue on the death certificate.

So yes people see COVID and ignore the underlying issues.

This is true. The original article I read about his passing   (and the reason I posted that he died from covid ) never mentioned any underlying health conditions. Just  that he died from complications of covid

12_Gauge_Chimp

Actor Peter Scolari, perhaps best known co-starring with Tom Hanks in the TV show "Bosom Buddies" in the early 80's, passed away today at age 66. Cause of death is listed as cancer.

Lambykins

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on October 22, 2021, 01:28:47 PM
Actor Peter Scolari, perhaps best known co-starring with Tom Hanks in the TV show "Bosom Buddies" in the early 80's, passed away today at age 66. Cause of death is listed as cancer.
:'(
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

EBuff75

James Michael Tyler, who played Gunther on Friends has died at age 59 from prostate cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/us/james-michael-tyler-died-friends/index.html

NT2C

Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

MPMalloy

Morton Lyon Sahl, political/social satirist.  He was 94.

MPMalloy

Neal Edward Smith (March 23, 1920 – November 2, 2021) was an American politician who was a member of the United States House of Representatives for the Democratic Party from Iowa from 1959 until 1995, the longest-serving Iowan in the United States House of Representatives. He was 101.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhmA31OxE4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk