Vendors, Sponsors, and Affiliates

Started by NT2C, June 11, 2021, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

Shocker: It costs money to keep the lights on here!   :smiley_duh:

I know, right?  Who'd have thunk? Still, it is what it is and my allowance from the family CFO (wife) can only stretch so far.  Some of you members have already contributed or made offers of financial assistance and we thank you, but our goal is and must be to make this site self-sufficient.  I mean, think about it.  What's our mission all about after all if not to teach self-reliance and self-sufficiency? So while we are offering paid subscriptions on the site the ultimate goal is to have the site supported by companies that have products useful and even essential to the modern prepper.  You will see some ads already showing up on-site, in related and appropriate areas/forums (the one exception is the link in the footer to our hosting company, GeekStorage, the absolute BEST hosting company I've ever dealt with in more than three decades of running websites) and more will be following as we grow.  These ads and links generate revenue for the site through your purchases or your click-throughs.  Unless specifically noted, that is the extent of our relationship with a particular brand or company. We will always strive to choose companies that are forthright and upstanding in their dealings with their customers and that offer quality products at fair and reasonable prices as the market dictates but the presence or link to a product or site does not necessarily constitute an endorsement of that product, site, or company by us.  As always, judge for yourself, and spend wisely.

If you represent a company that would like to become an authorized vendor on this site, provide content for the site in the form of articles or videos, or would like to otherwise advertise on the site, please contact any admin via Private Message ("Conversations" at the top of the page in the menu) and we'll be happy to discuss making that happen.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

NT2C

We have a new sponsor, Dynotag!  That link (and a graphic scattered around the site) will get you 10% off on your order, and get us 25% of what you spend.  Win-win!

If you've never heard of them before, the company makes QR-coded tags for all sorts of purposes, from luggage and pet tags to inventory control and medical info tags.  Scanning the QR code takes someone to the Dynotag site where the information you choose to share gets shown to them, and you get an optional alert as to when and where the tag was scanned.  And you can modify the info on the fly.  How useful is that?  Well, when I drove cross country a couple of years ago all my gear, luggage, computers, rifle and pistol cases, even my camera and my cane, all had Dynotags on them that would show you my photo, name and home address, cell number, and the address of the hotel I would be staying at that night.  Because I made my hotel reservations the night before that allowed me to go to the Dynotag site and update the info where I'd be staying with just one entry.  Super handy when traveling!

I also keep one of their medical tags on the vial that contains my 7 day supply of meds which stays on my person if I go out.  That tag, if scanned, gives access to my medical info, list of medications, allergies, next of kin, doctor, and insurance. Everything needed to give me proper care if I can't communicate the info myself.

Current Weather in My AO

CG

Quote from: NT2C on July 02, 2021, 09:42:56 PM
We have a new sponsor, Dynotag!  That link (and a graphic scattered around the site) will get you 10% off on your order, and get us 25% of what you spend.  Win-win!

If you've never heard of them before, the company makes QR-coded tags for all sorts of purposes, from luggage and pet tags to inventory control and medical info tags.  Scanning the QR code takes someone to the Dynotag site where the information you choose to share gets shown to them, and you get an optional alert as to when and where the tag was scanned.  And you can modify the info on the fly.  How useful is that?  Well, when I drove cross country a couple of years ago all my gear, luggage, computers, rifle and pistol cases, even my camera and my cane, all had Dynotags on them that would show you my photo, name and home address, cell number, and the address of the hotel I would be staying at that night.  Because I made my hotel reservations the night before that allowed me to go to the Dynotag site and update the info where I'd be staying with just one entry.  Super handy when traveling!

I also keep one of their medical tags on the vial that contains my 7 day supply of meds which stays on my person if I go out.  That tag, if scanned, gives access to my medical info, list of medications, allergies, next of kin, doctor, and insurance. Everything needed to give me proper care if I can't communicate the info myself.

Random note: It really freaks out NT2C if you had a tab open with his tag scanned (he was showing off), then save it in a tab manager and re-open it months later when you're cleaning out tabs.  Apparently it notifies him that someone opened it.   :smiley_crocodile:

NT2C

Quote from: CG on July 04, 2021, 11:41:14 AM
Quote from: NT2C on July 02, 2021, 09:42:56 PM

Random note: It really freaks out NT2C if you had a tab open with his tag scanned (he was showing off), then save it in a tab manager and re-open it months later when you're cleaning out tabs.  Apparently it notifies him that someone opened it.   :smiley_crocodile:
I still owe you a mild paddling for scaring me like that.  Made me think I left something when I was down there.

Current Weather in My AO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk