Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Films and Videos / This is kinda cool....
« Last post by Lambykins on Today at 05:36:53 PM »
All Things Pandemic / Re: daily COVID sitrep where you are
« Last post by sheddi on Today at 02:20:57 AM »
A short update from me - we're all still free of COVID.

Things in the UK aren't great, but seem to have levelled out at around 40k cases per day and 1000 deaths/week. Booster (third) jabs are being rolled out to anyone who had their second shot at least 6 months ago, and 12- to 16-yo's in my area will finally get their shots next month (they were meant to be offered in September but ...).

Mask wearing is patchy (signs still request them but they're rarely enforced) and case rates in schoolkids have been high (reportedly, at one stage recently 8% of kids were off school with positive COVID tests).

I will give a better update when I have more time.
In My Experience... / Re: I am Getting Too Old for this S...!
« Last post by sheddi on Today at 02:03:44 AM »
The LANEY CHOUEST, located in Port Fourchon, LA, recorded wind gusts of 194 knots, 223 mph as the storm made landfall. Now that is not certified proof but that is IMO significant.
Wow that's quite some gust!

And I agree, a 6000-ton anchor handling tug would be a good choice of vessel for a hurricane.
Current Events of Note / Re: Notable Deaths of 2021
« Last post by MPMalloy on Yesterday at 10:35:25 PM »
Morton Lyon Sahl, political/social satirist.  He was 94.
« Last post by Ever (Zombiepreparation) on Yesterday at 09:10:01 PM »
A couple of my V8 staple products are missing in my grocery, with no labels of where they were or might be again.   A small but daily taste and nutrient content I've come to enjoy and find comfort in. I've found no equal substitute and would be sorry to not have some stock in case of in case.
👵

I love some spicy V8.  I've found the Kroger version to be a pretty decent substitute.  I'm not sure about the non-spicy variants, but it might be worth a try.
I do luv me some spicy V8 and keep a reasonable supply on hand.

Higher on my actual prep list is original V8 which I can alter for various uses. One of which is nausea. Room temp cup close for sipping as needed. For a hangover with sick stomach I add a shot-size amount of unfiltered apple cider vinegar. For illness comfort I replace the proverbial tomato soup with cups of hot V8. And if I have no V8 spicy in the larder I can add healthy amounts of cayenne, et voilà!

Fortunately for my covid preps, and now my flu season preps, original V8 quart size has not become scarce. (yet?) But, the 12 oz bottles have been missing in my small Dillions for weeks. I rely on this grocery because no auto and would be too anxious on public transportation during covid for something that trivial.

What I have relied on until the supply chain breakdown for additional health is green food powder mixed with the green veggie V8. Which has also been missing locally for weeks. And I wouldn't say I'm panicy going into the flu/covid season without that particular V8 because I'm well stocked with the green food powder which can be mixed with water to consume. It would just be more comforting to have it at this juncture of the 'whatever this stage is we're in with covid' and flu season combining again.

I drink their various fruit combo juices with carbonated water for a fun soft drink substitute, or hot or cold in tea during the flu season, and those have also been missing from the shelves for weeks.

Which wasn't really a problem to me until the reports here and world wide of how massive this breakdown is and could come to be. At which point I started haunting the V8 shelves daily! 😂

In weeks I've snagged a lone strawberry & bananna quart three times.  Just sitting alone on an empty shelf.

But today was big. I scored green!  Six of them. Alone on the shelf. Bunched together like they were lost.

For me, along with the three strawberry & bananna, and with belt tightening rationing, that means Nine Months of Comfort while the supply chain breakdown, covid, and the flu season play out! 🤗

👵
« Last post by Ever (Zombiepreparation) on October 25, 2021, 08:58:42 PM »
May, indeed, have been a slow data dump on Friday, which suits me just fine. Though, coming Friday or Monday's report will give the better picture.

Monday, October 25, 2021
Kansas
my county's 14 day rolling average

- ↘ Average daily case count 20.71
- ↔ Average positive rate 5.6%
- ↘ Current active cases 406
- ↗ Current hospitalized 5 (out of 24 ICU beds)
- ↗ Total deceased 108
- ↘ Incidence rate per 100,000... 241.08

Was over the Moderna half vax reaction in 36 hours, the first 24 being fever up to 100.8, but I had been here before so just burried myseif into the bed & blankets with only my face exposed, for comfort, listened to (not watched) bland tv shows on hulu and dosed in and out of sleep. But at temp 100.8° I took two Tylenol, which did lower it to 100.2 to 100.5 for the duration.

One thing that was new during that was a tiny bit of unsettled stomach which I treated with sips of room temperature V8 until that part passed. 👍

The fever broke a little after 24 hours and I began moving around a bit. Water, the very thing I needed to be increasing, or at least drinking during the fever was Yuck City. But after the fever broke I. Was. Thirsty. and made up for lost time.

During the next 12± hours I tried to eat soups and broths but that was Yucky.

Then all of a sudden (so it seemed) I was right as rain again. Like it had never happened.
😎

Now, the injection site had been increasingly sore but I just kept gently rubbing and now even that is only a memory.

There was no one else to talk about this with, but it was an experience I needed to verbalize.  And I figure that's one of the pluses of talking on the internet.... nobody has to read it if they don't want to. 😂

Laters.
In My Experience... / Re: I am Getting Too Old for this S...!
« Last post by Raptor on October 25, 2021, 03:00:26 PM »
I ran across this in my emails. The MV Laney Chouest is a 6000 ton anchor handling towing vessel. It is not huge by commercial standards but also not insignificant. In fact if you wanted to weather a hurricane on the GOM or in this case in Port Fourchon (a deepwater port on the GOM) it would be an excellent choice. So that is exactly what her crew did. The only better vessel IMO would be the battleship Alabama in Mobile Bay. But I digress.

https://www.gob.mx/cms/uploads/attachment/file/455735/LANEY_CHOUEST.pdf

The LANEY CHOUEST, located in Port Fourchon, LA, recorded wind gusts of 194 knots, 223 mph as the storm made landfall. Now that is not certified proof but that is IMO significant.

Added:
Four boxes of crackers.
Four pounds honey.
Two cans chicken.
Seven cans diced tomatoes & green chilies.
Four pounds peanut butter.
Nine pounds roasted cashews.
Four large original V8.
Four 2 ltr. bottles water.
Current Events of Note / Re: Notable Deaths of 2021
« Last post by NT2C on October 24, 2021, 07:46:34 PM »
Danny from the Taofledermaus YouTube channel

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk