Author Topic: Web guide to sleeping in airports  (Read 45 times)

Online Blast

• Medicine Man
  • Authorized Vendor
  • aka Merriwether
  • Reactions:
Web guide to sleeping in airports
« on: July 17, 2021, 10:23:38 PM »
My wife and younger daughter were supposed to fly back to Houston from New York today, but God had other plans. A big storm screwed up the Newark airport and by the time United would admit their flight was canceled all the hotels around there were booked up.

Enter https://www.sleepinginairports.net/ covering the specific rules, regulations, tips, and secret work-arounds to sleeping in major airports around the world. Turns out that the Newark airport gets screwed up so often, they now have a bunch of cots they'll lend travelers stuck there overnight and people flying United even get access to showers!

I used to travel a lot in my previous jobs and got stuck a number of times. One thing I now always bring with me is a lightweight, microfiber, travel blanket that scrunches down to about the soda can. https://amzn.to/3ik6vMd
-Blast

Foraging Texas
Medicine Man Plant Co.
DrMerriwether on YouTube
Ham Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

Offline sheddi

• Global Moderator
  • It’s such a fine line between stupid and clever.
  • Reactions:
Re: Web guide to sleeping in airports
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 09:23:39 AM »
Thanks Blast, once we get past the pandemic that might be quite useful :)

My job takes me transatlantic 2-3 times a year, usually involving transfers at one or two US hub airports and rarely travelling enough miles to get free lounge access. Every couple of years something will go awry and I'll end up with an extended stay in an airport; one time that sticks in my mind, I arrived in CLT and the aircraft I was hoping to board was somewhere in Canada ...

I too pack a blanket. Mine's fleece so not quite as compact asyour recommended one, and not as high-performance either.

Online Blast

• Medicine Man
  • Authorized Vendor
  • aka Merriwether
  • Reactions:
Re: Web guide to sleeping in airports
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 01:09:57 PM »
A towel is good, a blanket is even better. ;)
Being a long time road-and-air warrior, I'm going to follow this up with an almost complete guide to sleeping free while traveling.
-Blast
Foraging Texas
Medicine Man Plant Co.
DrMerriwether on YouTube
Ham Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk