The Anarchist Handbook

Started by PistolPete, June 28, 2021, 09:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PistolPete

Michael Malice just released a series of writings collected over many decades on the topic of anarchism.  I just started by it really seems interesting so far- the various forms of anarchism that have been tried through history and the effect they had on the culture at the time.  It's worth a read.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58039014-the-anarchist-handbook

Given the unrest we have seen in the last couple years, it's worth having a good understanding of the many faces of anarchism and how it can disrupt civil society.
All you have to do is stab someone once, just a little bit, to forever change the dynamic of the relationship.

aikorob

I was scrolling down, and did a double take......................at first glance I though you were referencing THE COOKBOOK  :greenguy:  haven't seen that in a long time
I  hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

the_alias

So what is this guy Pete?

An anarcho-capitalist I take it?

Night watchman state not good enough, complete laissez faire?
Few die from pushing on, more die from giving up

PistolPete

Quote from: the_alias on July 03, 2021, 02:43:24 PM
So what is this guy Pete?

An anarcho-capitalist I take it?

Night watchman state not good enough, complete laissez faire?
He's a tough one to categorize, I think.  One of the more intelligent people I've come across on podcasts, he's a deep thinker.  Although in this case it doesn't matter very terribly who the author is, since the book is mostly a collection of republished writings from history.  It's a collection of a wide variety of authors, each with their own take on the topic and their own goals and agenda. 
All you have to do is stab someone once, just a little bit, to forever change the dynamic of the relationship.

Optimist

I've been waiting for the audiobook version to come out. I've enjoyed some of the author's other work. (Although in this case his work is more in curating the work of some others.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk