Logo needed! PRIZES!

Started by NT2C, June 28, 2021, 01:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickOShea

So something a bit simpler?

Tony D Tiger

Quote from: boskone on June 28, 2021, 11:06:31 PM
I think a bit of clarification is in order: we're looking for a logo, something which would be readily identifiable and look good as an icon or on stickers, mugs, PistolPete's shoulder, etc.

Search the web for "famous logos", flip to images, and you'll get a pretty good selection.
so... a tiger in the ufo tractor beam is too - ahem - "flaky?"

boskone

Quote from: PistolPete on June 29, 2021, 12:03:24 AM
I think a bit of clarification is in order: we're looking for a logo, something which would be readily identifiable and look good as an icon or on stickers, mugs, PistolPete's shoulder, etc.
My ZS tat is on my inner bicep, thank you very much.   :)
I didn't know you actually had one; I just picked your name at random.  Not sure if the joke backfired or not.  :smiley_chinrub:

Man, logos are tough though.  As iconic as it is now to people involved, in the early days of ZS everyone thought it was a sideways NIN sticker.  Coming up with a new design that is also not a copy of something existing and also easy to recognize is a challenge.  I'll see if I can be helpful in the next few days and see if anything neat comes up on my sketch pad.  (I'm a terrible artist so I'm not expecting much, lol)
Yup.  I'm sure for every famous logo there were probably several dozen rejects first.

NT2C

Quote from: flybynight on June 28, 2021, 10:17:28 PM
My son takes pictures of abandoned buildings . Any of these work. Tried to pick some ahem. spacey ones

Man, he's seriously talented.

You sure you're related?  :clownshoes:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

NT2C

Quote from: boskone on June 29, 2021, 12:12:19 AM
Quote from: PistolPete on June 29, 2021, 12:03:24 AM
My ZS tat is on my inner bicep, thank you very much.   :)
I didn't know you actually had one; I just picked your name at random.  Not sure if the joke backfired or not.  :smiley_chinrub:
They made me get one too when they made me an admin.  They said it was our secret recognition mark so I put mine under my nutsack.  My wife was pretty pissed when I sweated it off and onto my new undies.

Probably shouldn't have gone with the water transfer one.

Current Weather in My AO

EMEUTIER

I think its kinda important to first know WHAT the logo is for...

Is this forum/group still called Zombie Squad or is is UFOZS or something completely different?

To make a popper logo and identity, some specifics would be needed:
1. Name of the organization
2. Preferred color scheme (3-4 colors max)
3. What is logo used for, the website banner (fulllscreen)? website logo only? size requirements?
4. Do you want image and text logo, or just one or the other?

RoneKiln

Quote from: boskone on June 28, 2021, 06:18:46 PM
FWIW, in order to avoid stepping on ZS' toes, we're going with more of a UFO theme.

How does that motivate anyone to prep? If aliens show up, I'm hijacking their starcruiser.

That's opportunity:smilie_character_pirate2: :piratenvlag:
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Lambykins

Quote from: boskone on June 28, 2021, 07:24:02 PM

I think that's Paint3D.  Simultaneously press the Windows key and R, in the resulting Run dialogue enter mspaint, then press <enter>.  That should bring up ye olde Paint.

Though if you're up for a bit of learnin', Paint.net is a great (and free for personal use) product.  It's sorta halfway between the major pro players (like Photoshop) and Paint.  Being able to work on layers, alone, is worth it in my book.
Thank you! I'll check that out after work this evening!
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

boskone

Quote from: RoneKiln on June 29, 2021, 01:10:32 AM
FWIW, in order to avoid stepping on ZS' toes, we're going with more of a UFO theme.

How does that motivate anyone to prep? If aliens show up, I'm hijacking their starcruiser.

That assumes they don't just go in for orbital bombardments, NBC attacks to soften us up, or some other such.

Not all aliens are Independence Day-level stupid.  ;)

Also, it assumes they have ships, I suppose.  Xenomorphs are always a possibility.

boskone

Quote from: EMEUTIER on June 29, 2021, 01:08:02 AM
I'll take a stab at this:

QuoteIs this forum/group still called Zombie Squad or is is UFOZS or something completely different?
UFOZS, though I expect if someone comes up with a better/catchier name in the near future we're open to suggestions.

QuoteTo make a popper logo and identity, some specifics would be needed:
See above, I suppose.

Quote2. Preferred color scheme (3-4 colors max)
Colors will follow the logo, though at least IMO it should look ok rendered in a single color.

Quote3. What is logo used for, the website banner (fulllscreen)? website logo only? size requirements?
Definitively: website logo and favicon.
Potentially: swag

Quote4. Do you want image and text logo, or just one or the other?
Flexible on this, provided there's a component that can be used for e.g. the favicon.

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Quote from: EMEUTIER on June 29, 2021, 01:08:02 AM

Is this forum/group still called Zombie Squad or is is UFOZS or something completely different?

To make a popper logo and identity, some specifics would be needed:
2. Preferred color scheme (3-4 colors max)
3. What is logo used for, the website banner (fulllscreen)? website logo only? size requirements?
4. Do you want image and text logo, or just one or the other?

• For the time being it's UFoZS but can change if something better comes along (and no FBN, Zeddy McZedface is not a good forum name)
  • Hit us with what you've got and if we want different colors we'll ask
  • I covered this already - it needs to scale well from something that looks good on a business card to something on a flag or on a building, favicon can come later with a different design
  • Image only for now as text can always be added as a layer if needed

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

You think it's gonna be that easy?  That they'll have a sufficient supply of food on-board for you? That you won't need weapons? That you won't want to take an INCH bag?  :rolleyes1:

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Prizes have been posted in the first post.  Keep those entries coming!  :smiley_clap:

Current Weather in My AO

Anianna

Sunset abduction

Transparent version
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

flybynight

Quote from: NT2C on June 29, 2021, 12:16:55 AM
Quote from: flybynight on June 28, 2021, 10:17:28 PM
My son takes pictures of abandoned buildings . Any of these work. Tried to pick some ahem. spacey ones

Man, he's seriously talented.

You sure you're related?  :clownshoes:

It's one of his super powers  :shades:  He is really good at it. But it's just for fun. Even though he devotes so much effort and time to the hobby.  His brother in law has offered to build him a website to try and sell some of his pics, He's just not interested . :headbang:

ETAIt helps he has really good equipment. But he  has an eye for the shot.  Amazinly even like in that first pic. That was taken in pitch dark. No lights for miles. You can see the nearest lights on the horizon
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

RoneKiln

Quote from: NT2C on June 29, 2021, 10:01:19 AM

You think it's gonna be that easy?  That they'll have a sufficient supply of food on-board for you? That you won't need weapons? That you won't want to take an INCH bag?  :rolleyes1:

I don't think they'll wait for me to go get stuff. If I fail to surprise them and seize the ship with the weapon already on me, I'm gonna end up in a zoo, nutrient paste, out an airlock, or some other Twilight Zone precautionary ending.

If I do seize control, and don't promptly crash into the side of a mountain while figuring out how to drive it, I can come home whenever I want. Cause I have a starship. But if I have a starship and really want to stock it, I'd be willing to make extremely different financial decisions at that point.

I'd probably end up crashing it after I liquidated my 401k and stocked it full of supplies and gear. Worse, I'd probably survive and up another homeless guy telling insane stories.

"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Tony D Tiger

Quote from: RoneKiln on June 29, 2021, 11:26:24 PM
Quote from: NT2C on June 29, 2021, 10:01:19 AM

I don't think they'll wait for me to go get stuff. If I fail to surprise them and seize the ship with the weapon already on me, I'm gonna end up in a zoo, nutrient paste, out an airlock, or some other Twilight Zone precautionary ending.

If I do seize control, and don't promptly crash into the side of a mountain while figuring out how to drive it, I can come home whenever I want. Cause I have a starship. But if I have a starship and really want to stock it, I'd be willing to make extremely different financial decisions at that point.

I'd probably end up crashing it after I liquidated my 401k and stocked it full of supplies and gear. Worse, I'd probably survive and up another homeless guy telling insane stories.
even a Cadillac has Onstar... imagine what the ufo version can do.  :words:

NT2C

Reminder!  The contest will be closing soon, please be sure to get your entries submitted.  We have some nice prizes to give out, and some secret bonus prizes!

Current Weather in My AO

Lambykins

I tried and tried...but was unable to get a decent logo done on the computer. Sorry.
Best I could do...couldn't figure out how to get the zombie into the beam.
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk