Desert Property

Started by Rescue-K9, September 25, 2023, 11:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rescue-K9

I have recently purchased a 10 acre plot in a rural Texas it was previously owned by a hoarder.... So I have a lot of cleaning and disposal to do.  They made a compound of campers and corrugated steel 5, 20 foot plus campers full of mostly rotted food, dirty clothing and rabbits. Im sure some items of value will be found but right now Im concerned with securing the area while I get it cleaned up and prepare to build. I live about 25 minutes from the site and will be going daily until it becomes home. I walked the site for hours unnoticed several times before I was able to locate the owner, inherited land after his parents passed he has been to the site once placed a lock on the doors turned off the electric and left. My thoughts are if I can be on site that long with out anyone noticing so can someone else. I will have equipment onsite to large to take home every night.... any suggestions on cameras or anything that will ease my mind?   And yes I will post pictures as the project progresses.
To Old to Change

MacWa77ace

This sounds like its going to be interesting. We had another thread on a hoarder cleanup and the 'treasures' found.

Are there phone lines and cell coverage? Internet? You can get security camera's that run realtime with alerts off those. But you're 25 minutes away.

How secluded or public is it from casual view? Can you block any views of changes being made/construction using environment matching materials. If they can't see it, they can't steal it.

You may want to build a secure shed or cyclone fence with barbed wire if you're storing any tools or construction equipment supplies there. And maybe a junkyard dog to live there.

My brother-in-law had a bunch of construction supplies stolen off his property, they rolled in with a truck and loaded up and were out in minutes. And he was in a housing development with 5 acre plots so there was a neighbors house about a 100 yards away. They came at night.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
Ask me about my Fully Semi-Automatic 30-Mag clip death gun .

Rescue-K9

Its on the back side of a hill about 1/2 mile off the main road so some of it will be hidden by geography cell phones work well. I know at some point someone will notice me coming and going. Not sure how long a dog would last Ive seen Prong Horn and at least two Mountain Lions.
To Old to Change

MacWa77ace

maybe a motion sensor dog bark recording. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dag+bark+alarm&atb=v366-1&ia=web

The real dog [or two] goes inside the barbwire cyclone fence or shed and only works if you really are going there daily.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
Ask me about my Fully Semi-Automatic 30-Mag clip death gun .

flybynight

Quote from: Rescue-K9 on September 25, 2023, 12:10:27 PMIts on the back side of a hill about 1/2 mile off the main road so some of it will be hidden by geography cell phones work well. I know at some point someone will notice me coming and going. Not sure how long a dog would last Ive seen .Prong Horn and at least two Mountain Lions.
Get a bigger dog.   And one of those security camera set ups that sends an alert to your phone and allows you to view the camera on your phone
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

Z.O.R.G.

How about a conex container with hardened steel locks (ones you can't cut with bolt cutters) on it?  Add an alarm system on it with a cell phone back up (solar powered).  Not impervious, but they'd make a lot of noise getting in and the alarm would get the cops there (and notify you) pretty quickly.  Once you live there, either move the alarm system to the house, stop the monitoring service or keep it for the conex.  You get extra storage to boot.

Rednex

Trust anyone that needs a part time job? Have them stay there and watch the place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk