A new mobile theme

Started by NT2C, June 11, 2021, 01:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsghost

So far, the new Mobil theme is working great for me! I'm on a Moto 6e?

Moab

The mobile theme opens a section that sticks to the edge of my screen om both sides. Which is great. But the text is very small. Unreadable. Maybe opt for larger text and fewer threads shown per page?

Once you open a thread the text is near perfect size.

I am having to readjust my screen size when posting. Its a bit big. The font. And forces me to make the screen smaller to fix tjat and fit the width of my phones screen.

Can we post pics directly to the forum? Or is external hosting only?

Also is there going to be an active threads page?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone

Quote from: Moab on July 12, 2021, 06:31:32 PM
The mobile theme opens a section that sticks to the edge of my screen om both sides. Which is great. But the text is very small. Unreadable. Maybe opt for larger text and fewer threads shown per page?

Once you open a thread the text is near perfect size.

I am having to readjust my screen size when posting. Its a bit big. The font. And forces me to make the screen smaller to fix tjat and fit the width of my phones screen.

Can we post pics directly to the forum? Or is external hosting only?
I think there's an intent to host pics locally, but right now it's external.  I could be wrong, though, and have been unnecessarily posting pics to Imgur.

Also is there going to be an active threads page?
Not sure about the mobile theme (since it stopped working on my phone some time ago), but on the desktop theme there's a "Show unread posts since your last visit" link right under "Hello $username".

woodsghost

Quote from: NT2C on July 04, 2021, 01:30:48 AM
Okay, I removed and reinstalled the mobile theme.  See how it works now.

Just to answer your question, the new mobile theme is rocking my socks off and has been fantastic and stable. Thanks a lot! This one is really working well.

NT2C

The mobile theme has been problematic since day one.  I'm holding off doing anything with it because I expect a new version to be released soon.  For now, I use the regular desktop theme on my phone and pinch expand as needed.  It's a PITA but it works.

Images can be attached as files or directly uploaded with the "insert image" doodad button thingy.

(don't judge, I'm half asleep and it's the half with the brain)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

woodsghost

Quote from: NT2C on July 12, 2021, 08:43:46 PM
The mobile theme has been problematic since day one.  I'm holding off doing anything with it because I expect a new version to be released soon.  For now, I use the regular desktop theme on my phone and pinch expand as needed.  It's a PITA but it works.

Images can be attached as files or directly uploaded with the "insert image" doodad button thingy.

Oh......

This desktop version is really working well! You picked a good one. It's stable and everything. ;)

NT2C

Quote from: woodsghost on July 12, 2021, 08:47:07 PM
Quote from: NT2C on July 12, 2021, 08:43:46 PM

Oh......

This desktop version is really working well! You picked a good one. It's stable and everything. ;)
No, no...  There is an actual mobile theme installed and working.  But it doesn't work for everyone.  You, it seems to like.  Me, not so much.

Current Weather in My AO

Moab

Its much better on my android. It matches screen size well. And the font is larger and readable. Until you reply. Then the font is very small. If the reply font were the same size as what im seeing in a thread. That would be golden.

Youve done an amazing amount of work in a very short time. Starting to love this place. :)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C

Quote from: Moab on July 19, 2021, 10:36:37 PM

Its much better on my android. It matches screen size well. And the font is larger and readable. Until you reply. Then the font is very small. If the reply font were the same size as what im seeing in a thread. That would be golden.

Youve done an amazing amount of work in a very short time. Starting to love this place. :)
What seems to be happening for you is that your browser is getting the wrong size value after a reply.  It sounds like the browser is getting the standard page CSS rather than the mobile CSS, but there's no way for me to be certain unless I can reproduce it on my end.  One thing you might try is to disable any ad blocker you may be running and see if that changes things.

Current Weather in My AO

Moab

How can i tell if im on the mobile or desktop theme?

Moab

Is there a way to have notifications on any thread i join. Instead of hitting the notify button each time?

NT2C

Quote from: Moab on July 19, 2021, 10:59:41 PM
Is there a way to have notifications on any thread i join. Instead of hitting the notify button each time?
It's in your profile settings under "Notifications".  I turned it on for you.

Current Weather in My AO

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

I can't locate the mobile format anymore. What do I click to get it back?

Moab

This is how small the site looks on my mobile phone. Not sure if im using mobile or desktop theme.

NT2C

Quote from: Moab on July 20, 2021, 08:42:06 AM
This is how small the site looks on my mobile phone. Not sure if im using mobile or desktop theme.
That's the desktop theme.

Current Weather in My AO

boskone

I'm still getting the weirdly-sized desktop site in Android Firefox.  Also Android Chrome, though I'm not signed with that browser (if relevant).

Moab

How do u select mobile or desktop?

Moab

I can select desktop in chrome. But it doesnt change anything.

NT2C

Quote from: Moab on July 20, 2021, 11:46:15 AM
How do u select mobile or desktop?
You have to choose the mobile theme in your profile settings.

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Quote from: boskone on July 20, 2021, 09:44:37 AM
I'm still getting the weirdly-sized desktop site in Android Firefox.  Also Android Chrome, though I'm not signed with that browser (if relevant).
That's common of the default theme.  Hopefully, it will be fixed in a future update.

Current Weather in My AO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk