We're open for limited testing and registration

Started by NT2C, June 05, 2021, 09:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airballrad

See, we have a solution. Just switch us to the Hebrew calendar and I'll be able to put in my birth year. I believe they are up to 5781 :))

Quote from: boskone on June 07, 2021, 06:33:20 PM
It's not the BC(E), it's the number of digits.

The system rolls over at 4.

SCBrian

Dont know if I haven't found it, or if it doesn't exist,  but a "New posts" or "unread posts" would work well. 

QuoteShow unread posts since last visit.
If you inadvertently exit, you lose the ability to see posts, as your last visit would be seconds ago...

QuoteShow new replies to your posts.
Only lists your threads
BattleVersion wrote:  "For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders."

NT2C

Quote from: SCBrian on June 08, 2021, 04:48:00 PM
Dont know if I haven't found it, or if it doesn't exist,  but a "New posts" or "unread posts" would work well. 

If you inadvertently exit, you lose the ability to see posts, as your last visit would be seconds ago...

QuoteShow new replies to your posts.
Only lists your threads
From what I hear the next edition of this forum package, due out soon, takes care of this issue.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

SCBrian

Actually found a link,  I'll see if I can find it again.. lol
BattleVersion wrote:  "For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders."

SCBrian

Ok,  2 ways to do it.

If you click on
You'll get a list,  Down on the bottom right is a button for
QuoteAll Unread Topics
Which will pull up any post you haven't read. 

The second way  is from the "Home" area, scroll down to the pertinent subject category your looking for and click "Unread posts" and It'll do the same thing as above, for that area....

SCBrian

Optimist

Are "applaud" and "smite" the same as thumbs up and thumbs down? I think I accidentally clicked "applaud" while scrolling through on my phone, which at least is better than accidentally smiting someone.

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

Feedback: My Kindles have been my internet access for years now.

After the first couple of days on ufozs the https://ufozs.com and https://www.ufozs.com links started timing-out most of the time (with all three Kindles)

Tonight I could get on the landing page eventually, but the Enter function didn't work for me.

All 3 Kindles do stream Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime, YouTube, and everything else internet related with no issues with loading, loading time, or buffering.

I had bookmarked the Index page early on which loads instantly so now I access ufozs with https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php

Don't know what this means but I thought I'd mention it in case others report similar.

Tonight when clicking Post in the thread COVID sitrep where you are, I was disconnected from the site 3 times before it let the post go through.

Optimist

I've also frequently had to refresh pages to get them to load, but only in the last couple days. I was blaming it on me having hundreds of tabs open though.

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

boskone

Quote from: Optimist on June 10, 2021, 02:40:33 AM
I've also frequently had to refresh pages to get them to load, but only in the last couple days. I was blaming it on me having hundreds of tabs open though.
You should check out the Onetab plug-in.  :P

NT2C

Quote from: Optimist on June 10, 2021, 02:40:33 AM
This is likely due to site changes made over the past few days.  We've shifted to a dedicated IP address and resolved the SSL issues that had us with a weird mix of HTTP and HTTPS pages.  As this all propagates out and old cookies expire and are replaced with new it will smooth itself out.

There has also been an ongoing issue with the forum package that causes page loads to come up with an error message but the folks at SMF are trying to fix that and it should be gone after the next update.

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Quote from: Optimist on June 10, 2021, 12:55:10 AM
Are "applaud" and "smite" the same as thumbs up and thumbs down? I think I accidentally clicked "applaud" while scrolling through on my phone, which at least is better than accidentally smiting someone.

No, they're a little different.  The applaud/smite system is a rating of the member overall while the reactions (there's more than just thumbs coming) are of that particular post.  The bar you see at the bottom of someone's info bar shows the quality rating of their posts per the point counts from the reactions.  It's kinda confusing and one or the other system may go bye-bye soon.

Current Weather in My AO

NapalmMan67

May want to check the log in time time function?  I've been auto logged off a couple times now, despite having the "forever" option showing when logging in.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc-  Not just pretty words.

NT2C

Quote from: NapalmMan67 on June 10, 2021, 12:03:57 PM
May want to check the log in time time function?  I've been auto logged off a couple times now, despite having the "forever" option showing when logging in.

When that happens just click any link, such as the site name at the top of the page and the page will reload to show you in.  It's an issue with one of the templates that I've not figured out yet.

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

It was pointed out to me that PMs didn't allow attachments. 

PMs are now called "Conversations" and are vastly improved.  They also allow attachments now.  :smiley_shades:

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Apologies to all for the royal borkup with the PM/messages/conversations system.  One of the hazards of being on a system still doing testing.

What happened was I was pretty much running on fumes (18 hour day on here yesterday, 5 hours of broken sleep, 10 more hours on here and ZS) and in a PM exchange with a member who casually mentioned we couldn't do attachments in PMs.  Well crap, did I forget to turn that on?  Miss a setting?  Nope, turned out it's a feature this forum package lacked, but I could get it with a mod (modification package) for $20.

One double-sawbuck later and a few minutes running the update and we had a new PM system... but it didn't convert the old PMs like it was supposed to...  :smiley_huh:

I was trying to figure out why when I suddenly realized I was snoring.  Asleep at the keyboard.  I went off to bed for a 4 hour nap, telling myself I'd fix it when I got up.  Just got up a little while ago, looked at it again and found I hadn't run the conversion script, so I did that and all the old messages are now converted... over top of all the new conversations that were started.  :hitsfan:

Sorry about that.  :(

Current Weather in My AO

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

🤔 This is interesting. And possibly Feedback.

Previous to this one my post count was 19. And I'm showing more Karma action on 19 posts (aprx 78%) than lots ( all that I've been able to find so far) of the members, many of them posting important, informative, well liked clever things. Also, I've not yet been able find anyone but me with negative karma. Examining my posts I'm not seeing info or wording to smite me about.   Last night I was glitched off the board when posting, got back on, and found a negative karma increase. Curious.

Or I may just be a dasterdly fellow. Mwahahah... But I did  think I'd been masking it well.

NT2C

Quote from: Ever (Zombiepreparation) on June 11, 2021, 01:33:54 PM

Previous to this one my post count was 19. And I'm showing more Karma action on 19 posts (aprx 78%) than lots ( all that I've been able to find so far) of the members, many of them posting important, informative, well liked clever things. Also, I've not yet been able find anyone but me with negative karma. Examining my posts I'm not seeing info or wording to smite me about.   Last night I was glitched off the board when posting, got back on, and found a negative karma increase. Curious.

Or I may just be a dasterdly fellow. Mwahahah... But I did  think I'd been masking it well.

I wouldn't get overly concerned about it.  The place is new and people are pushing buttons to see what they do.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on June 11, 2021, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: Ever (Zombiepreparation) on June 11, 2021, 01:33:54 PM

I wouldn't get overly concerned about it.  The place is new and people are pushing buttons to see what they do.

Think of it as the forum equivalent of folks messing with the "Try Me" function on some products in real life.

So long as no one hits the big red "Kill the forum" button, I wouldn't be too concerned.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk