The All Purpose Flashlight CHAT Thread

Started by Raptor, June 09, 2021, 04:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBuff75

Quote from: NT2C on March 03, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
Quote from: EBuff75 on March 03, 2024, 08:53:41 PMI've got a bunch of pictures now, of a number of different lights.  This included some pictures against the headlights of my car, to show how a powerful flashlight can overcome even very bright direct light to light up an area that is beyond or beside bright lights.  I also took thermal readings of the new Zebralight (spoiler - it gets HOT!) compared to my older one. 

It'll take a bit to do a write-up and I'm tired right now.  You'll have to wait until later this week!

Oh, and the new clamp worked out quite well for holding the lights while I took pictures.  It opens up wide enough that I can even fit in an old-school D-cell Maglite.  Here it is holding my Wurkkos TD02 during the testing tonight. 

You cannot view this attachment.
I have that exact tripod.  I use it for my Nikon B600
I was pleasantly surprised when I bought it last year.  Fairly inexpensive, but it's got a lot of adjustments, is well-built, and even comes with a really sturdy case/bag.  

My old tripod dates back to the mid-90s and this one is much sturdier, even if it is missing a few features the older one has (levered cam lock for the tripod head plate, crank handle for height adjustment, and a pan handle).  But the greater adjustability (including having a ball head, which the old one lacks), and increased height (I got the 81-inch version, whereas my old tripod is something like 55-inch) make up for it.  I've only used a few times so far and I always forget how nice it is until I get it back out. 
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

EBuff75

I'm a weak, weak person...  Well, there's yet another flashlight on the way.  This one is a Sofirn SC33, which is currently on sale on Amazon.  *sigh*

Oh, and given that this one is 5200 lumen, it only took a week for me to break the 5000 lumen barrier.  And the 4900 lumen Acebeam hasn't even arrived yet!  :D
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk