Main Menu

Recent posts

Disasters in Current Events / Re: The coming AI takeover...
Last post by EBuff75 - Today at 10:29:11 AM

Quote from: MacWa77ace on Today at 10:21:02 AMI find it amusing that in all fall/fail scenarios, the programmed reaction posture is to have it protect the family jewels.

Literally grabbed its nuts every time. youtu.be/-9EM5_VFlt8?si=tjv1du2bd9RELxOQ&t=22
youtu.be/-9EM5_VFlt8?si=tjv1du2bd9RELxOQ&t=22
So there must have been some Freudian programmer gender bias at work also.
I'd guess that it has more to do with protecting the arms, maintaining a center of gravity, and/or helping it to be in an advantageous position to get back up after the fall.
I find it amusing that in all fall/fail scenarios, the programmed reaction posture is to have it protect the family jewels.

Literally grabbed its nuts every time. youtu.be/-9EM5_VFlt8?si=tjv1du2bd9RELxOQ&t=22
youtu.be/-9EM5_VFlt8?si=tjv1du2bd9RELxOQ&t=22
So there must have been some Freudian programmer gender bias at work also.
Disasters in Current Events / Re: The coming AI takeover...
Last post by NT2C - Today at 09:27:23 AM

That closing threat is rather chilling, but we've seen that they can be hurt.
Transportation / Re: Motorcycles Chat - Life's ...
Last post by roadart - Today at 09:20:42 AM
I feel you on the bikes.  50+ years riding.  My favs were the 1980s xl250 enduro I used for canyon carving on tiny cliff trails out west and in the desert.  I have had dozens, literally, from 2 strokes, one lungers (bsa victors) Harley, and a virago. The virago was good for a sportster size bike, sold it with a 100k on the clock. I just bought an fxrp for my last big ride, and with a little adjustment and removal of some custom items I am enjoying it.  But being old and recently decrepit, (some mystery ailment)  I seldom ride with others, but I see how old guys get in trouble.  The weight is real. Up until a few months ago it wouldn't have been an issue, but that was then and this is now.  
     Realizing my limitations is now making me review all the rest of the preps stuffing the garage and cellar.  Starting to figure out how to sell thing that are now, or in the future ,not going to see the light of day.  For some reason selling is NOT as much fun as acquiring. 
   You know, I like your tag line about being sensible. I am the opposite. find it hard  to be sensible
Quote from: Uomo Senza Nome on Yesterday at 07:40:48 PM
Quote from: flybynight on Yesterday at 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: Z.O.R.G. on Yesterday at 01:41:51 PMProtests in major US cities, I'm not seeing anything from outside the US.  Folks have been stuck on the Golden Gate Bridge for 4 hours. 
QuoteProtesters in Chicago, Philadelphia, and Oakland and on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco disrupted traffic on Monday, with many criticizing Israel just hours after Iran launched a significant but ineffective aerial attack on the country.
Pro-Palestinian protesters block traffic in major cities a day after Iran strikes Israel (washingtonexaminer.com)

QuoteAt least two of those protests are associated with A15 Action, which states on its website it aims "to coordinate a multi-city economic blockade on April 15th in solidarity with Palestine."
Wouldn't this qualify as economic terrorism? With a stated purpose to disrupt the economy, this falls well outside of legal  protest

the Geneva Centre for Security Policy defined economic terrorism in the following terms:
QuoteContrary to "economic warfare" which is undertaken by states against other states, "economic terrorism" would be undertaken by transnational or non-state actors. This could entail varied, coordinated and sophisticated or massive destabilizing actions in order to disrupt the economic and financial stability of a state, a group of states or a society (such as market oriented western societies) for ideological or religious motives. These actions, if undertaken, may be violent or not. They could have either immediate effects or carry psychological effects which in turn have economic consequences.[1

I don't know about economic terrorism but not sure if interfering with the rights of others falls under a peaceable protest.
Sure sounds like the definition  matches the events. 
BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Topeka KS
640 AM CDT Tue Apr 16 2024

The National Weather Service in Topeka has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
  Southeastern Jefferson County in northeastern Kansas...
  Northwestern Douglas County in east central Kansas...

* Until 715 AM CDT.

* At 639 AM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located near Lecompton, moving northeast at 45 mph.

Quote from: flybynight on Yesterday at 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: Z.O.R.G. on Yesterday at 01:41:51 PMProtests in major US cities, I'm not seeing anything from outside the US.  Folks have been stuck on the Golden Gate Bridge for 4 hours. 
QuoteProtesters in Chicago, Philadelphia, and Oakland and on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco disrupted traffic on Monday, with many criticizing Israel just hours after Iran launched a significant but ineffective aerial attack on the country.
Pro-Palestinian protesters block traffic in major cities a day after Iran strikes Israel (washingtonexaminer.com)

QuoteAt least two of those protests are associated with A15 Action, which states on its website it aims "to coordinate a multi-city economic blockade on April 15th in solidarity with Palestine."
Wouldn't this qualify as economic terrorism? With a stated purpose to disrupt the economy, this falls well outside of legal  protest

the Geneva Centre for Security Policy defined economic terrorism in the following terms:
QuoteContrary to "economic warfare" which is undertaken by states against other states, "economic terrorism" would be undertaken by transnational or non-state actors. This could entail varied, coordinated and sophisticated or massive destabilizing actions in order to disrupt the economic and financial stability of a state, a group of states or a society (such as market oriented western societies) for ideological or religious motives. These actions, if undertaken, may be violent or not. They could have either immediate effects or carry psychological effects which in turn have economic consequences.[1

I don't know about economic terrorism but not sure if interfering with the rights of others falls under a peaceable protest.
Communications / Re: Repeater Basics
Last post by NT2C - Yesterday at 05:02:48 PM
Quote from: Z.O.R.G. on Yesterday at 04:39:56 PMVery cool!
Oh, and I set it up so that either radio can be the receiver or the transmitter.  This provides transmit redundancy to a point.
Last post by Z.O.R.G. - Yesterday at 04:39:56 PM
Very cool!
Last post by NT2C - Yesterday at 04:32:49 PM
Let me see if I have pictures of the 40W UHF repeater I built in my trailer...

You cannot view this attachment.

The repeater uses a pair of Motorola radios, a homebrew controller, a UHF duplexer tuned to the operating frequencies (the trailer is coordinated as an "itinerant repeater"), fed through a switch to either an exterior N connection to work with mast-mounted antennas (I carry a 9db homebrew colinear) or to the roof-mounted UHF 5dbi antenna.

It all sits on a shelf I built across the V-nose of the trailer, above the bank of AGM batteries connected to my solar panels. (the trailer also has shore power capability)

Solar controller and 2kw pure sine wave inverter.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk