We're open for limited testing and registration

Started by NT2C, June 05, 2021, 09:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on June 11, 2021, 01:40:53 PM
Quote from: NT2C on June 11, 2021, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: Ever (Zombiepreparation) on June 11, 2021, 01:33:54 PM
Quote from: Optimist on June 10, 2021, 12:55:10 AM
Are "applaud" and "smite" the same as thumbs up and thumbs down? I think I accidentally clicked "applaud" while scrolling through on my phone, which at least is better than accidentally smiting someone.
🤔 This is interesting. And possibly Feedback.

Previous to this one my post count was 19. And I'm showing more Karma action on 19 posts (aprx 78%) than lots ( all that I've been able to find so far) of the members, many of them posting important, informative, well liked clever things. Also, I've not yet been able find anyone but me with negative karma. Examining my posts I'm not seeing info or wording to smite me about.   Last night I was glitched off the board when posting, got back on, and found a negative karma increase. Curious.

Or I may just be a dasterdly fellow. Mwahahah... But I did  think I'd been masking it well.

I wouldn't get overly concerned about it.  The place is new and people are pushing buttons to see what they do.

Think of it as the forum equivalent of folks messing with the "Try Me" function on some products in real life.

So long as no one hits the big red "Kill the forum" button, I wouldn't be too concerned.
I think I may have deleted that one.  Do we need it?  :smiley_shrug:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

EBuff75

Anyone else notice that the activity on ZS appears to have fallen off a cliff the last couple of days?  Almost as though most of the active users have found somewhere else to congregate...   ;D
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

MacWa77ace

Quote from: EBuff75 on June 11, 2021, 01:59:25 PM
Anyone else notice that the activity on ZS appears to have fallen off a cliff the last couple of days?  Almost as though most of the active users have found somewhere else to congregate...   ;D

yes. as a mod, other than ban hammering spammers, hardly any new posts.
Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
Ask me about my Fully Semi-Automatic 30-Mag clip death gun .

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: EBuff75 on June 11, 2021, 01:59:25 PM

I've noticed that as well.

Even the ZS Discord is kind of dead.

12_Gauge_Chimp

I just noticed that the little "Open ID" box is gone from the login section of the site.

I'm assuming that's gone because no one was using it ?

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on June 14, 2021, 11:04:56 AM
I just noticed that the little "Open ID" box is gone from the login section of the site.

It's an old standard no longer valid.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on June 14, 2021, 01:52:08 PM

I figured it was either that or there was an update to the forum software that got rid of it.

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on June 14, 2021, 02:09:54 PM
Quote from: NT2C on June 14, 2021, 01:52:08 PM

I figured it was either that or there was an update to the forum software that got rid of it.

The software IS due for an update soon, probably in the next few months.

Current Weather in My AO

RoneKiln

I just tried to "applaud" someone I've never done that for before, and I got an "Error, cannot repeat a karma action for an hour" message. Might be a temporary glitch, but it seemed weird.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Halfapint

Quote from: RoneKiln on June 16, 2021, 11:58:20 PM
I just tried to "applaud" someone I've never done that for before, and I got an "Error, cannot repeat a karma action for an hour" message. Might be a temporary glitch, but it seemed weird.

I just applauded you, and then tried again and it gave me that error. Perhaps you hit it twice?

Also, NT2C live the paid subs. Waiting for payday. Had a some ish come up, so have to wait a few days!

Said it before, will say it again. Love what you are doing!
The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RoneKiln

Quote from: Halfapint on June 17, 2021, 03:24:31 AM

I just applauded you, and then tried again and it gave me that error. Perhaps you hit it twice?

Also, NT2C live the paid subs. Waiting for payday. Had a some ish come up, so have to wait a few days!

Thanks for the test and the freebie karma.  :smiley_blink:

I think I'd prefer the paid subscription not being so visible on my posts. All the dollar signs are... "gauche?" I dunno what the right term is. I think just a small text "patron" would be nice but not something glaring. It feels a bit shallow to me.

Maybe I'm just overly self conscious about it.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

NT2C

Quote from: RoneKiln on June 17, 2021, 10:23:48 PM

I think I'd prefer the paid subscription not being so visible on my posts. All the dollar signs are... "gauche?" I dunno what the right term is. I think just a small text "patron" would be nice but not something glaring. It feels a bit shallow to me.

Working on that.  It has to be a graphic, not text.

Current Weather in My AO

RoneKiln

Quote from: NT2C on June 17, 2021, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: RoneKiln on June 17, 2021, 10:23:48 PM

Working on that.  It has to be a graphic, not text.

I'm golden now! I kind of like being gold! I also respect if future members want to more brazenly show off their contributions and you decide to accommodate their preferences. That's just not my personal preference.
--Raptor

RoneKiln

Is the ability to reply supposed to be turned off in the new members section?
--Raptor

boskone

Quote from: RoneKiln on June 18, 2021, 09:53:05 PM
Seems to be working for me.  Tried again, maybe it was just a temporary issue?

NT2C

I just went over the specific permissions your account has in that area and I see nothing preventing you from replying to a post.  Indeed, it's the default for the area that both regular members and paid members are allowed to post or reply there.

Current Weather in My AO

RoneKiln

Quote from: NT2C on June 18, 2021, 11:26:57 PM
I just went over the specific permissions your account has in that area and I see nothing preventing you from replying to a post.  Indeed, it's the default for the area that both regular members and paid members are allowed to post or reply there.

I logged off and logged back in to see if it made a difference, and there are no quote or reply buttons for me in the new members section. I see them in every other section I've wandered into this evening.
--Raptor

NT2C

Quote from: RoneKiln on June 19, 2021, 12:38:08 AM
Quote from: NT2C on June 18, 2021, 11:26:57 PM

I logged off and logged back in to see if it made a difference, and there are no quote or reply buttons for me in the new members section. I see them in every other section I've wandered into this evening.
very strange.  Let me investigate further... there are only 4 subs on the site that use the same rule set.  How about now?

Current Weather in My AO

Crosscut

T-minus 12 days to launch...    :smiley_clap:

Where's the "What Did You Do Today To Prepare?" thread, and under what subforum would it belong?

Nyte

Noticed the post preview feature wasn't working when I was trying to post a pic link.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk