Sorry about that little glitch...

Started by NT2C, February 11, 2022, 06:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

Hey folks,

My apologies for that little access glitch earlier.  It should now be corrected.

Bernie
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

flybynight

Hey no problem. I was just coming back to the site after reading yet another article about the imminent invasion of Ukraine by Russia. Given that more than likely when they do they will begin  with a large cyber attack on the Nato countries , I'm sure my blood pressure didn't :panic: rise too much.
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

NT2C

Quote from: flybynight on February 11, 2022, 06:17:18 PM
Hey no problem. I was just coming back to the site after reading yet another article about the imminent invasion of Ukraine by Russia. Given that more than likely when they do they will begin  with a large cyber attack on the Nato countries , I'm sure my blood pressure didn't :panic: rise too much.
What?  You don't think the team at Geek Storage, the host for our site, could defeat any such attack?  Without even breaking a sweat or mainlining their energy drinks?

Current Weather in My AO

majorhavoc

Glitch?  'Tis nothing but a flesh-wound!"
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

12_Gauge_Chimp

I honestly thought it was something on my end when I got the 403 error.

Wouldn't be the first time my ISP has gone wonky. Probably won't be the last either. :gonk:

Anianna

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on February 11, 2022, 07:39:46 PM
I honestly thought it was something on my end when I got the 403 error.

Wouldn't be the first time my ISP has gone wonky. Probably won't be the last either. :gonk:

My internet had just gone down and came back up when I got the error.  For a moment, I thought my router was having a seizure. 
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

flybynight

Quote from: NT2C on February 11, 2022, 07:37:29 PM
What?  You don't think the team at Geek Storage, the host for our site, could defeat any such attack?  Without even breaking a sweat or mainlining their energy drinks?

Actually what was echoing in my mind was 

QuoteIf the site went down I'd be pretty surprised (our hosting company has an outstanding record and better than 99.99% uptime)
:awesome:
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

EBuff75

Quote from: flybynight on February 11, 2022, 08:21:59 PM

QuoteIf the site went down I'd be pretty surprised (our hosting company has an outstanding record and better than 99.99% uptime)

I think that this is the reason that it might not hurt to have some type of alternative place to go for UFoZS status - like Twitter, FB, or Discord.  Just on the chance that the 0.01% actually happens! 
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

NT2C

Quote from: EBuff75 on February 11, 2022, 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: flybynight on February 11, 2022, 08:21:59 PM

I think that this is the reason that it might not hurt to have some type of alternative place to go for UFoZS status - like Twitter, FB, or Discord.  Just on the chance that the 0.01% actually happens!

MSNBC/CNN/FOX/ABC Take your pick, because that 00.01% very likely will involve national and/or international news.

Current Weather in My AO

Ever (Zombiepreparation)

Quote from: NT2C on February 11, 2022, 06:06:01 PM
Hey folks,

My apologies for that little access glitch earlier.  It should now be corrected.

Bernie
cool. but if it is this I have only one link that is letting me access ufozs

NT2C

Quote from: Ever (Zombiepreparation) on February 12, 2022, 02:57:13 PM
Quote from: NT2C on February 11, 2022, 06:06:01 PM
Hey folks,

Bernie
cool. but if it is this I have only one link that is letting me access ufozs
Yeah, my phone was doing it to.  Clear your phone's browser cache and it should be fine again.  There was a glitch in our firewall that's now corrected but it takes time or manual intervention to clear out the bad links.

Current Weather in My AO

MacWa77ace

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
Ask me about my Fully Semi-Automatic 30-Mag clip death gun .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk