Gaffers tape. Better than duct tape.

Started by Moab, July 19, 2021, 11:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moab

Duct tape is awesome. But if duct tape had a brother that was a Green Beret he would be gaffers tape. Gaffers tape comes from movie sets. Where tape has to stick to anything and not leave a trace. Or a bunch of adhesive. Its also more flexible. Its a cloth really. With super adhesive on one side. And nice black cloth on the other.

Works great for big repairs. Its very strong. While flexible enough to double as a first aid tape. Think a home made band aid using a piece of gauze and tape. Gaffers tape is not like thick unflexible gorilla tape. Gorilla tape might be stronger. In a single layer. But gaffers tape can be doubled for easily more strength. And will still be way more flexible. Meaning it will adhere to uneven surfaces much better.

Its usually way more expensive than duct tape. But this amazon brand is very economical.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K1WW8WW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_DPY29KWVPDS7SNKMCJKE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

PistolPete

Totally agree.  I keep a roll on hand for serious needs and use duct tape for other purposes.  It really is a superior product. 
All you have to do is stab someone once, just a little bit, to forever change the dynamic of the relationship.

Lettuce Pray

Thanks for the heads-up Moab. I had never heard of it. I use Gorilla Tape regularly and have pretty much abandoned regular duct tape. It would be nice to have an additional option.

Moab

Quote from: Lettuce Pray on July 19, 2021, 12:46:57 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Moab. I had never heard of it. I use Gorilla Tape regularly and have pretty much abandoned regular duct tape. It would be nice to have an additional option.

And both have their place. If i wanted to repair a pack frame. I would probably use gorilla tape. Not that gaffers couldnt handle it. But if i were repairing something flexible or doing first aid. Id use gaffers tape.

I used to work im the theater and movie business. It used to be uber expensive. But ill try this amazon stuff out.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

flybynight

Quote from: Moab on July 19, 2021, 10:52:44 PM

And both have their place. If i wanted to repair a pack frame. I would probably use gorilla tape. Not that gaffers couldnt handle it. But if i were repairing something flexible or doing first aid. Id use gaffers tape.

I used to work im the theater and movie business. It used to be uber expensive. But ill try this amazon stuff out.
I thought you looked famous  :smiley_bril:
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

Moab

Quote from: flybynight on July 20, 2021, 05:12:41 AM
Quote from: Moab on July 19, 2021, 10:52:44 PM

I thought you looked famous  :smiley_bril:

You can google me. Patrick Daniel Ryals. Although my imdb only lists 2 of the dozen or so movies and tv shows i was on. Multiple times on Northern Exposure. Mad Love. And i worked with Bertolucci. And The Hand That Rocks The Cradle...

Brekar

Good to know that the famous walk among us. The closest to fame I've ever gotten is having 2 cousins with 7 world series rings to their names, and stopping my boss from dating a literal serial killer...

I've never used gaffer tape, but for the past 4 years my Double Bull deer blind has been about 37.289% camouflage Gorilla tape. It's held the whole time, even leaving it out in last years snowstorm. I like it a lot...

Moab

Quote from: Brekar on July 26, 2021, 10:26:12 PM
Good to know that the famous walk among us. The closest to fame I've ever gotten is having 2 cousins with 7 world series rings to their names, and stopping my boss from dating a literal serial killer...

I've never used gaffer tape, but for the past 4 years my Double Bull deer blind has been about 37.289% camouflage Gorilla tape. It's held the whole time, even leaving it out in last years snowstorm. I like it a lot...

Yes. Gorilla tape would be best for something like that. Gaffers tape is more like fabric with glue on one side. Great stuff. Really adheres well. And super flexible as its fabric.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk