The coming AI takeover...

Started by NT2C, June 07, 2021, 11:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

Quote from: RoneKiln on December 30, 2021, 08:33:51 PM
Wait until someone sets loose a virus that makes bluetooth enabled stuffed animals try to coax your kid to do something dangerous.

Anyone remember from their childhood or seen how other children get attached to a stuffed animal?
Okay, Satan, calm down.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

RoneKiln

Quote from: NT2C on December 31, 2021, 05:50:27 AM
Quote from: RoneKiln on December 30, 2021, 08:33:51 PM
Wait until someone sets loose a virus that makes bluetooth enabled stuffed animals try to coax your kid to do something dangerous.

Anyone remember from their childhood or seen how other children get attached to a stuffed animal?
Okay, Satan, calm down.

People need to think like psychopaths or teenagers every now and then for the sake of prevention.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Mr. E. Monkey

Quote from: RoneKiln on December 31, 2021, 02:24:34 PM
People need to think like psychopaths or teenagers every now and then for the sake of prevention.
See the source image

Edit:  Prevention?   Ohhh....nevermind, then.   :awesome:
Quote from: SMoAF'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Quote from: BeowolfDisasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
Quote from: wee drop o' bushTHE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS!  :lol:

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

Anianna

Quote from: RoneKiln on December 30, 2021, 08:33:51 PMWait until someone sets loose a virus that makes bluetooth enabled stuffed animals try to coax your kid to do something dangerous.

It doesn't even have to be a stuffed animal.  Tamagochi key fobs featuring monochrome pixelated pets may have been the beginning of the end. 

On another note, Teddy Ruxpin freaked me all the hell out.  The newer iteration of Firby freaked out my kids.  I think there will be enough kids with an instinctual hesitancy that we'll at least survive as a species. 
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

NT2C

We KNEW this was gonna happen...

San Francisco police propose allowing robots to kill in 'rare and exceptional' circumstances
San Francisco police propose allowing robots to kill in 'rare and exceptional' circumstances

Dirty Harry meets RoboCop and the Terminator

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

MacWa77ace

Quote from: NT2C on December 01, 2022, 01:09:12 AM

It's already been done hasn't it? The way I'm remembering it is there was an active shooter [in some US location] hunkered down in a stair well, and the police send in their remote bomb unit, with a bomb, and exploded it on the shooter. But it was remote controlled so that doesn't count I guess. But technically it was a deadly force robot.

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
97% of scientists agree with whoever is funding them.

majorhavoc

Yeah, I draw a big distinction between a tele-presence robot and an autonomous, AI-guided machine making it's own decisions. 
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

MacWa77ace

Hilariuous patch note for this weeks update on Battlefield 2042 regarding the in-game NPC which are called AI.

AI
  • Given each AI Soldier a navigation manual that should help them through the road between Sector D and E with more ease on Spearhead
  • With this navigation manual, we have also told them to look out for small objects and not to get confused by them on Spearhead
  • Fixed an issue where AI could get stuck navigating through the Ventilator Zone on C2 and E1 on Spearhead
  • Fixed issues where AIs were unable to climb ladders on Spearhead's Capture Point E2
  • Given driving instructions for AI driving larger vehicles for Rush on Spearhead

The these AI are examples of what we are to worry about, I wouldn't worry.

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
#TRowPriceSucks
97% of scientists agree with whoever is funding them.

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

Lambykins

I gotta stop reading this thread...y'all are starting to scare the crap outta me.... :eek1:
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

NT2C

Quote from: Lambykins on December 21, 2022, 09:09:06 PMI gotta stop reading this thread...y'all are starting to scare the crap outta me.... :eek1:
It's okay, Lamby.  They have a long way to go.

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

And I've always figured most AI bots would easily be taken out with a garden hose or a Super Soaker.

I'm probably wrong on that, though.

RoneKiln

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on December 22, 2022, 06:51:07 PMAnd I've always figured most AI bots would easily be taken out with a garden hose or a Super Soaker.

I'm probably wrong on that, though.

And all of humanity tries to cram into areas of heavy rainfall.

As if we don't have enough Californians moving up here already. 
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

NT2C

https://wapo.st/3XDXqR3

I swear, I'm getting real close to moving this out of "What If" and sticking it in DICE.  :gonk:

Current Weather in My AO

majorhavoc

Quote from: NT2C on February 18, 2023, 05:13:49 PM

https://wapo.st/3XDXqR3

I swear, I'm getting real close to moving this out of "What If" and sticking it in DICE.  :gonk:
If any more UFOs appear over the continental US, I suggest we turn our defense systems over the MS AI and call it "Skynet".  What could possibly go wrong? 
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk