Nuclear damage map.

Started by Moab, January 17, 2023, 06:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moab

This customizable map lets you put a nuke of various sizes anyplace near you in the US. And calculates the damage. Very useful tool.

Its set to my area. I'm screwed. No use preparing.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&kt=5000&lat=33.9526536&lng=-118.4147889&hob_psi=5&hob_ft=17519&ff=50&psi=20,5,1&zm=10
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C

Quote from: Moab on January 17, 2023, 06:07:38 PMThis customizable map lets you put a nuke of various sizes anyplace near you in the US. And calculates the damage. Very useful tool.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&kt=5000&lat=33.9526536&lng=-118.4147889&hob_psi=5&hob_ft=17519&ff=50&psi=20,5,1&zm=10
With all the major military and .gov type shit surrounding my location I'm pretty sure I don't need to look at the map to know I'm as screwed as you are.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

This is one of those things that makes me kind of glad to live in the middle of nowhere.

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on January 17, 2023, 08:20:17 PMThis is one of those things that makes me kind of glad to live in the middle of nowhere.
Except, you're not.  You're close enough to a few .mil locations for fallout to be a consideration, and you can bet that some bad actor looking to ensure the US has a hard time getting back up from the initial strike will lob a few into major resource areas... like the oil patch you're in.
Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Quote from: NT2C on January 17, 2023, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on January 17, 2023, 08:20:17 PMThis is one of those things that makes me kind of glad to live in the middle of nowhere.
Except, you're not.  You're close enough to a few .mil locations for fallout to be a consideration, and you can bet that some bad actor looking to ensure the US has a hard time getting back up from the initial strike will lob a few into major resource areas... like the oil patch you're in.

Crap.

Well, looks like I'd either be dead or playing "Fallout: The Home Game" in that case. :gonk:

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on January 17, 2023, 08:48:24 PM
Quote from: NT2C on January 17, 2023, 08:27:29 PM

Crap.

Well, looks like I'd either be dead or playing "Fallout: The Home Game" in that case. :gonk:

Hava A Nice Day!

Current Weather in My AO

Moab

Quote from: NT2C on January 17, 2023, 08:14:40 PM
Quote from: Moab on January 17, 2023, 06:07:38 PMThis customizable map lets you put a nuke of various sizes anyplace near you in the US. And calculates the damage. Very useful tool.

With all the major military and .gov type shit surrounding my location I'm pretty sure I don't need to look at the map to know I'm as screwed as you are.
Ya. I was all gungho researching plastic sheeting and duct tape and nuke pills about three months ago. Now I'm like "why bother?!". 

All I can hope for is enough warning to head to my first floor, oartially concrete garage. Or maybe enough time to start driving south. To hopefully move east. To hopefully then head north. Or figure out a way to head offshore.

Cool mapping tool tho. Did you look at the selections? It lists all the known type of nukes since wwii. You can pick which one and it will show you the different damage radius of that nuke on any location. Not sure how wide the map is. But for sure all of US. Its worth a look. I've never seen a mapping tool like it. 
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk