Notable Deaths of 2023

Started by NT2C, January 01, 2023, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBuff75

Bobby Hull, hockey Hall of Famer and Stanley Cup champion, died Monday at 84, the Chicago Blackhawks announced. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/sport/bobby-hull-hockey-death-spt-intl/index.html
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

NT2C

Quote from: EBuff75 on January 30, 2023, 09:41:47 PMBobby Hull, hockey Hall of Famer and Stanley Cup champion, died Monday at 84, the Chicago Blackhawks announced.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/sport/bobby-hull-hockey-death-spt-intl/index.html
Damn, I used to love watching him play, BITD.  My dad and I used to take my step-mom (Canadian) to all the Ranger's home games right up until the late 70s when they divorced.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

NT2C

Bob Born, the 'Father of Peeps' and Hot Tamale candies, has died
Bob Born, the 'Father of Peeps' and Hot Tamale candies, has died

:'(

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

I was never really a fan of Hot Tamales candies, but I did eat a few Peeps when I was younger.

majorhavoc

Never liked marshmallow peeps, but I make a wicked flavored bourbon that uses Hot Tamales candy.  I call it 'Yer Bastard Half Brother'. It's very popular on camping trips and winter outings.  So I owe Mr. Born a debt of gratitude.  I shall be sure to raise my glass the next time I'm sipping it with friends and toast the good man's blessed soul.  :smilie_party_cheers:  
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

12_Gauge_Chimp

I think it's safe to say that Mr. Born was a part of many of our childhoods with his candies.

NT2C

I used to go past the factory every day on the way to work with my GF when I lived in Allentown and worked for Verizon.  It always smelled wonderful. (After work I'd take the bus home and it took a different route.)

Current Weather in My AO

12_Gauge_Chimp

Lanny Poffo, better known as "Leaping" Lanny Poffo in the WWF and the real life brother of "Macho Man" Randy Savage, passed away February 2nd, 2023 at the age of 69.

Cause of death hasn't been released at this time.

ETA: Cause of death was apparently heart failure according to a friend of Lanny Poffo.

EBuff75

Pakistan's former president General Pervez Musharraf, who seized power in a coup in 1999, has died aged 79.  The former leader - who was president between 2001 and 2008 - died in Dubai after a long illness, a statement from the country's army said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64528348
Information - it's all a battle for information. You have to know what's happening if you're going to do anything about it. - Tom Clancy, Patriot Games

echo83

12_Gauge_Chimp

Burt Bacharach, famed composer and songwriter, passed away February 8th at the age of 94. No cause of death released.

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

majorhavoc

Quote from: NT2C on February 10, 2023, 08:11:33 AMKaya, a furry ambassador for veterans and service dogs, has died
A few months shy of 9 years old. No cause of death given, but that's too young. 

I've often thought it one of life's cruel ironies that dogs usually only have 12 -15 years on this earth. They are such loving, loyal and emotionally intuitive creatures. They treat you like a hero just for showing up at the end of the day.  They and their humans deserve longer.
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

Lambykins

Quote from: majorhavoc on February 10, 2023, 09:26:14 AM
Quote from: NT2C on February 10, 2023, 08:11:33 AMKaya, a furry ambassador for veterans and service dogs, has died
A few months shy of 9 years old. No cause of death given, but that's too young.

I've often thought it one of life's cruel ironies that dogs usually only have 12 -15 years on this earth. They are such loving, loyal and emotionally intuitive creatures. They treat you like a hero just for showing up at the end of the day.  They and their humans deserve longer.
She had cancer. Even extraordinary treatment options would only give her a couple more months, so a hard decision was made.
"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

NT2C

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on February 15, 2023, 11:05:04 AMThis is Marli.

She passed away this morning in my sister's arms at the local veterinary clinic. I asked earlier for prayers, but they won't be necessary now.

Forgive me if I don't check in on UFoZS for a few days. My heart's just not going to be here for awhile. Part of me died today.

You cannot view this attachment.

I love you, Marli. I always will. You were a good girl.

Current Weather in My AO

Lambykins

"But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you." Taken

"There is no such thing as a fair fight. Fight dirty EVERY time. Dirty fighters win, fair fighters lose. Every fight is a fight for your life. Fight to win. Fight dirty." My dad

"Am I dangerous? Ask any of my surviving exes..." Me

NT2C

Current Weather in My AO

flybynight

"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

12_Gauge_Chimp

Actor Richard Belzer, best known for his role as Detective Munch on the tv series "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit", passed away February 19th, 2023 at the age of 78. Cause of death hasn't been released yet.

Barr

Actor Tom Sizemore best known for his role in Saving Private Ryan, has passed after having an aneurysm.

Quote from: Vicarious_LeeFuck it I'm Zombie Squad. I got this shit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk