Review: Nitecore Tiki LE Keychain Light

Started by NT2C, December 30, 2022, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

If you've not heard of Nitecore before, or have not used some of their lights, batteries, and chargers then there's a lot you've been missing.

The Tiki LE is a small (2.16"), bright (300lm), lightweight (10.5g) keychain light designed primarily for law enforcement (hence the "LE") but also useful for anyone looking for a good night time dog walking light, or anyone just out for some evening walking.  Attached to the zipper pull of a favorite jacket its three brightness settings can light your path or find a dropped object, and the red/blue auxiliary sidelights provide good warning to drivers, helping to keep you safe.

While I would discourage anyone but qualified emergency persons from using the flashing red/blue mode, the non-blinking steady red or steady blue modes are quite bright and easy to see from a considerable distance.  The real star of the show though is that 300-lumen main beam with its 70+m throw distance and 30-minute runtime.  You really don't expect such power from such a tiny object. Of course, stepping down to one of the lower light levels will also extend the runtime, all the way to 40 hours on ultra-low (1lm)

Mine now has a new home on the zipper pull of my favorite hi-viz insulated hoodie.  Since it can hold a charge for up to a year, and is easily recharged from a powerbank or other USB source I expect it to stay on there for the life of the garment.

I liked it so much, I just bought two more, one as a gift for a LEO friend of mine.

This product gets the "UFoZS Official Prepperware™" seal of approval.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

majorhavoc

It's so adorable! The auxiliary UV LED for counterfeit bill detection is intriguing.  And that red/blue warning light mode is so bright I wouldn't want to activate it at night anywhere near my car - I'd be worried about getting arrested for impersonating a police officer, lol.

One of the most impressive features is the 40 hour run time. That's outstanding for a keychain-sized light. 
A post-apocalyptic tale of love, loss and redemption. And zombies!
<br />https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php?topic=105.0

NT2C

Quote from: majorhavoc on December 30, 2022, 02:41:10 PMIt's so adorable! The auxiliary UV LED for counterfeit bill detection is intriguing.  And that red/blue warning light mode is so bright I wouldn't want to activate it at night anywhere near my car - I'd be worried about getting arrested for impersonating a police officer, lol.

One of the most impressive features is the 40 hour run time. That's outstanding for a keychain-sized light.
The UV light is only on the non-LE model.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk