Site Q&A

Started by NT2C, June 10, 2021, 09:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT2C

It came to my attention that you folks have questions but no place to ask them.   :smiley_chinrub:

Now you do.   :smiley_clap:
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Current Weather in My AO
Current Tracking Info for My Jeep

wee drop o bush

For some reason I cannot upload a photo for love nor money. I use my iPad to post on here, is this the issue?
2020 Bingo was interesting.
Quote from: flybynightThat's pretty hardcore. Marry a guy, just so he buys you a gun.

NT2C

Quote from: wee drop o bush on June 17, 2021, 11:18:58 AM
For some reason I cannot upload a photo for love nor money. I use my iPad to post on here, is this the issue?

I have no idea.  I just took a look at the logs and I'm not seeing any errors but the most common reason is either wrong format or too big.  Until I get more storage on this server (probably before July 1st) I'm limiting upload attachments to 10MB.

Current Weather in My AO

wee drop o bush

Quote from: NT2C on June 17, 2021, 11:37:27 AM

I have no idea.  I just took a look at the logs and I'm not seeing any errors but the most common reason is either wrong format or too big.  Until I get more storage on this server (probably before July 1st) I'm limiting upload attachments to 10MB.
Thank you
Quote from: flybynightThat's pretty hardcore. Marry a guy, just so he buys you a gun.

CG

Quote from: wee drop o bush on June 17, 2021, 12:57:09 PM

Thank you

Posting from iPad.  Seeing if photo shows.
ETA: Yes, yes it does.  I have to give it access to photos, though.

NT2C

Quote from: CG on June 17, 2021, 01:44:20 PM

Thank you

:smiley_duck:  Duck you too.

Current Weather in My AO

CG

Quote from: NT2C on June 17, 2021, 02:57:36 PM

The kids were ranting about auto-correct this morning.  Can you tell?

NT2C

Quote from: CG on June 17, 2021, 04:19:59 PM

The kids were ranting about auto-correct this morning.  Can you tell?

This is why emoticons are so important.

:smiley_middlefinger:

They eliminate ambiguity.

:greenguy:

Current Weather in My AO

wee drop o bush

NapalmMan67

Trying to finger out how to post a picture(s).  I know there's the "Insert Image" button option when you're posting...  But how do you get the picture in there?

I'm a veg Danny.  Did I ever mention technology and I don't get along well?

Also have this weird feeling like somebody's watching me...  but only 5% of the time.    :smiley_funnyface:

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc-  Not just pretty words.

SCBrian

Quote from: NapalmMan67 on June 24, 2021, 03:44:14 PM
Trying to finger out how to post a picture(s).  I know there's the "Insert Image" button option when you're posting...  But how do you get the picture in there?

Also have this weird feeling like somebody's watching me...  but only 5% of the time.    :smiley_funnyface:

Here you go:
Click the little + under the message,  then click "Browse".  Go to wherever you keep your images and select the image you want to upload.   Once you have them selected you can post or preview your post.   (Images below)
If the images are on the web somewhere, you can post the direct link via the 'img' button above and should look like this:

[img] randomwebaddress/image.jpg[/img]

As to the feeling, I'm not sure why you would feel that way...

BattleVersion wrote:  "For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders."

flybynight

Quote from: CG on June 17, 2021, 01:44:20 PM

Thank you

You guys quack me up
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

Halfapint

NT2C curious about the YT rule. Correct me if I'm wrong, we are no longer posting embedded YT videos in topics, you would rather we post just the link to the YT, correct?

Just want to clarify because that seems like the only real "rule" change I saw.
The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

NT2C

If that feeling doesn't go away in a week, let me know.

Current Weather in My AO

Halfapint

I'm limiting upload attachments to 10MB.

Oooooh! Before they were only 1MB! That's cool! That's a lot easier to post a few pics instead of using Imgur then changing the size.

Which would you prefer? I'm sure any attachments we upload are stored in the server so we don't have to rely on 3rd party image hosting. But could eventually lead to a much larger server needed and more bandwidth which = $$$
The original Half gettin sum land thread
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=111413

Quote from: SpazzyTell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

SCBrian

Quote from: Halfapint on June 24, 2021, 05:42:36 PM
Which would you prefer? I'm sure any attachments we upload are stored in the server so we don't have to rely on 3rd party image hosting. But could eventually lead to a much larger server needed and more bandwidth which = $$$
This is honestly my concern as well. 
BattleVersion wrote:  "For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders."

NT2C

My server currently has 20GB of storage on it.  I'm using 5GB for my mail server and a few other things, and reserving 5GB for the data this place needs, which leaves 10GB I can allow for uploads.  I can bump that 20GB to 40GB for about $65 over my normal server bill, but to go beyond that I'd need to change our hosting package.  That's not difficult to do and I doubt anyone would even notice the change since we have a dedicated IP and it would be done during the wee hours, but it would significantly bump our costs. Our goal is to gradually build this place up to the point where it becomes self-sufficient (through advertising/affiliation links/paid subscriptions) and put storage concerns behind us.

Current Weather in My AO

NapalmMan67

Quote from: SCBrian on June 24, 2021, 04:22:24 PM

Here you go:
Click the little + under the message,  then click "Browse".  Go to wherever you keep your images and select the image you want to upload.   Once you have them selected you can post or preview your post.   (Images below)
If the images are on the web somewhere, you can post the direct link via the 'img' button above and should look like this:

[img] randomwebaddress/image.jpg[/img]

As to the feeling, I'm not sure why you would feel that way... 

I thought that too, but nope.  Told ya I'm a veg.   My thoughts on technology...   :smiley_throwpc:

NapalmMan67

Quote from: NT2C on June 24, 2021, 05:03:52 PM

If that feeling doesn't go away in a week, let me know.

Will do boss!

SCBrian

Quote from: NapalmMan67 on June 24, 2021, 07:59:46 PM
I thought that too, but nope.  Told ya I'm a veg.   My thoughts on technology...   :smiley_throwpc:

Ok, lets try this, click here:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/4256405?key=8a29da13577e36bc9c68fc193ee5bcca

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk