The Last Of Us (HBO Max series)

Started by RickOShea, September 26, 2022, 03:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moab

Ya. This is the new prepper anthem. I feel lists coming on. Preparations being made. Ammo being ourchased. Lol.

Great show! 
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Moab

For those of you that have played the game or know. Do head shots not kill these zombies? No spoilers please. I just found it strange that this long time character does not have a shooting strategy for killing them. So I can only assume that head shots don't work? 

Last episode was awesome! But made me crazy. Crates of ammo, grenades and who knows what else. The floor littered with rifles. And you don't look to immediately supply yourself?! In a world vacant of supplies?! Or at least tell the girl to fill her backpack immediately with as much ammo and grenades as she can?! Maybe grab a rifle?! Even a pistol? Maybe a better knife than that dime store switchblade?!

It killed me when the main guy complimented her knife. They've sold those pieces if sh*t since the 50s. They used to sell those in the back if comic books. I swear. They are literally cheap sheet metal frames with a flimsy blade attached with rivets. Like carnival prizes from a bygone era.

And how many rounds of 5.56 is he carrying in that almost empty backpack? Does he just run into ammo cache after ammo cache in a 20 year old post apocalyptic world?

Having said that. THIS is the best zombie show or movie I've ever seen. Beautifully shot. Great writing. Good suspense. Wonderful actors. Multi million dollar production. 

But damn. Could you spend a few grand on tech advisors? I don't think these movie dingbats understand how educated the audience is these days. Especially fans of post apocalyptic fiction. Reality is you have nothing. And the only way to survive is by finding what very limited resources are left. You'd be shocked at this point in the apocolypse to find a room stuffed with supplies like that! You're risking your life for a car battery? But a room packed full of weaponry doesn't surprise you at all?! 

It would be like a 14 yr old boy walking into a strip club and not noticing anything out if the ordinary! My apologies for the graphic metaphor. But man.

Someday there's gonna be a post apoc movie where every character immediately ravages every body they come across for supplies. That aspect needs to be just as heightened as their fear of zombies. Dying because of lack of food, ammo, water etc. Is as real a threat as the zombies they are trying to escape. And these zombies are on a whole new level.

Rant off. 
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Anianna

We haven't played the game and were wondering the same thing.  He doesn't seem to be trying for head shots. 

I think the compliment on her knife was more an attempt to engage than a genuine interest in the knife itself. 

I like the overall story and the filmography, as well, but there are definitely little things like the ammo and odd shooting choices that distract and ruin the immersion, which is pretty frustrating given how well done it is otherwise.
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

∩(=^_^=)

Moab

Quote from: Anianna on January 24, 2023, 01:00:08 PMWe haven't played the game and were wondering the same thing.  He doesn't seem to be trying for head shots. 

I think the compliment on her knife was more an attempt to engage than a genuine interest in the knife itself. 

I like the overall story and the filmography, as well, but there are definitely little things like the ammo and odd shooting choices that distract and ruin the immersion, which is pretty frustrating given how well done it is otherwise.
I agree completely. Even about the knife compliment. I just wish it was an actual nice knife. It would have made the compliment seem even more genuine. And true to their chacters. It would have shown how much of an expert each was in their weapons of choice. As they have both survived a long time in a apoc world. And a good knife is something they could bond over. "The knife shows me you have learned well how to survive. And I respect you for that". 

Compliment aside. Its also just an example of tv types being out of touch with authenticity. They get characters and dialogue right. To a very beautiful extent. But then ruin their own legitimacy and that of their characters. By making them look ignorant of reality. Any person 20 years deep into a post apoc world is going to be an expert on survival. Otherwise how did they last 20 years? 

MacWa77ace

I think Joel might be jaded or anti social or sarcastic, hence that is him being him in saying 'nice knife' in the awkward silence of the hallway. Its funny, while watching that scene my wife said, what kind of knife is that and I said a POS 50's swithblade. LOL.

I am currently playing thru the game story. And if you read my previous posts you'll see that the initial challenge for nuubs like me is figuring out the best way to deal with the different 'infected' types.

That 'zombie' you're talking about is called a 'clicker', they make that clicking sound, and are blind, so maybe that is echo location, anyhow they are harder to kill than the 'infected'. At this point in the story I think if you shoot one in the head with a powerful hunting rifle or arrow shot they will die, pistol is iffy and take multiple shots even on the weaker 'infected'. But using any type of gun will bring many many more clickers due to the noise, so using stealth takedowns on them or arrows is better. No sound.

AND that scene with all the equipment is not in the game. In the game they reach the Govt building but its empty and then the QZ police show up to get them. Tess, being bitten, stays behind to fight them to let Joel and Elle escape. There's no fiery explosion or 'infected', just soldiers and guns. At that point in the game all I had was a SA pistol, a revolver, a rifle and a bow. And very limited ammo, so you have to aim every shot. No AR's or AK's are available as drops yet. So the game is even worse than the show when it comes to available pickups.

The game makes weapon drops and ammo drops common or rare depending on the difficulty setting your playing under. Joel doesn't really get any decent guns/explosives until he meets Frank or Bill, can't remember which one, but that is where they are heading now.

Think of the show as the beginning of the game, you have crap weapons and supplies at this point.

Lifetime gamer watch at MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Moab

Quote from: MacWa77ace on January 24, 2023, 01:51:45 PMI think Joel might be jaded or anti social or sarcastic, hence that is him being him in saying 'nice knife' in the awkward silence of the hallway. Its funny, while watching that scene my wife said, what kind of knife is that and I said a POS 50's swithblade. LOL.

I am currently playing thru the game story. And if you read my previous posts you'll see that the initial challenge for nuubs like me is figuring out the best way to deal with the different 'infected' types.

That 'zombie' you're talking about is called a 'clicker', they make that clicking sound, and are blind, so maybe that is echo location, anyhow they are harder to kill than the 'infected'. At this point in the story I think if you shoot one in the head with a powerful hunting rifle or arrow shot they will die, pistol is iffy and take multiple shots even on the weaker 'infected'. But using any type of gun will bring many many more clickers due to the noise, so using stealth takedowns on them or arrows is better. No sound.

AND that scene with all the equipment is not in the game. In the game they reach the Govt building but its empty and then the QZ police show up to get them. Tess, being bitten, stays behind to fight them to let Joel and Elle escape. There's no fiery explosion or 'infected', just soldiers and guns. At that point in the game all I had was a SA pistol, a revolver, a rifle and a bow. And very limited ammo, so you have to aim every shot. No AR's or AK's are available as drops yet. So the game is even worse than the show when it comes to available pickups.

The game makes weapon drops and ammo drops common or rare depending on the difficulty setting your playing under. Joel doesn't really get any decent guns/explosives until he meets Frank or Bill, can't remember which one, but that is where they are heading now.

Think of the show as the beginning of the game, you have crap weapons and supplies at this point.

Is it possible to kill a zombie with a knife?

I've watched all the game videos (the inbetween movies. I forget what they are called.) and it is a very interesting game/plot. 

I like this better than walking dead. As it does not appear to stray into "fantasy". Like a f*cking tiger or anything. That was what totally turned me off about twd. It went from what appeared to be a very well done drama. To some weird fantasy land. That could not be beleived. Not that zombies are beleivable. But it was human stories of survival. That and it got completely repetitive. Group stumbles upon bad guy with a cult. Group overcomes. Again and again. And alot of those characters and groups were so over the yop campy it was again unbelievable.

This at least looks like a train that will take many twists and turns. But at least stay on its tracks. Hopefully we won't see a cgi tiger until the last episode. Lol. 

12_Gauge_Chimp

There's a VR game called "The Walking Dead :Saints and Sinners" and it's more melee focused at the beginning.

You eventually get guns as you progress in the game (most weapons are craftable at the player base, but you have to find them first), but for the most part you're killing zombies and bad guys with knives, screwdrivers and other melee type stuff.

I haven't played it myself, but that's mostly because I don't have a VR system (I'm also too broke to buy one).

Brekar

Quote from: Moab on January 24, 2023, 02:52:00 PMIs it possible to kill a zombie with a knife?

I've watched all the game videos (the in-between movies. I forget what they are called.) and it is a very interesting game/plot.

I like this better than The Walking Dead. As it does not appear to stray into "fantasy". Like a f*cking tiger or anything. That was what totally turned me off about TWD. It went from what appeared to be a very well done drama. To some weird fantasy land. That could not be believed. Not that zombies are believable. But it was human stories of survival. That and it got completely repetitive. Group stumbles upon bad guy with a cult. Group overcomes. Again and again. And a lot of those characters and groups were so over the top campy it was again unbelievable.

This at least looks like a train that will take many twists and turns. But at least stay on its tracks. Hopefully we won't see a CGI tiger until the last episode. Lol.

In the game you can kill the clickers with a shiv, which you craft from one side of a broken pair of scissors and something to wrap the handle with. If you can sneak up on one silently, you get an option to instantly kill. It breaks the shiv after one usage, until you upgrade your skill to make them last 3-4 usages if I remember.

The PS4 VR game called that's "The Walking Dead :Saints and Sinners" is indeed more heavily melee involved than firearms, at least at 1st. 99% of the time most firearms are nearly broken, have no ammo, but make a impromptu club if need be. You can upgrade weapons and craft them as you progress in the game, much like any game. I've not beaten the game, but my boys are really good at it.

MacWa77ace

Right, A shiv is an upgraded knife that works on the 'clickers' for stealth kills. IIRC regular scissors without the upgrade to shiv will kill an 'infected' and can be used on them as a stealth kill but not the clickers. 

And you can just bust out the fists to melee clickers and infected to kill them but that takes a bunch of hits, you'll take damage during the fight,  and may draw the attention of more clickers. Not sure how bloodying your hands on an fungus infected corpse doesn't infect you though.

But I'm playing on hard difficulty so scissors are few and far between. You can also upgrade melee weapons with scissors for increased damage and endurance by 'taping' them to a metal pipe or baseball bat.

I'm not watching videos of gameplay right now because I try to do my first story run throughs on hard difficulty with no help/hints like that. It's most challenging for me to do it that way.

Moab

This was listed in my email this morning. I guess they do make nicer versions of those switch blades now. I assume nice simply based on price. I saw one for $140. But they have 45 pages of italian switch blades. However they still appear to be riveted together. I've never seen a review of them. But with 45 pages they must be popular.

https://www.grindworx.com/item--AKC-9-Italian-Stiletto-Swinguard--39310

I also read a response on instagram. Some girl that played the game. Said headshots do work on the runners.

MacWa77ace

$99? Yikes. Does anyone know what the price of those in the 50's, 60's?

I can't really find many reviews on the Italian ones. But a 3 star [out of 5] review on them said that the Mexican ones were better for half the price.

IIRC the crappy one I handled many years ago, probably from the 50,60's, had a wobble to the blade if you grabbed the tip and moved it side to side. And if you pulled hard on the blade to the side the grip flexed also. I do this test on all knives. I owned a US Navy pilot survival switch blade at the time and that one did none of that flexing and wobbling, so the one I held turned me off of that stiletto design.

The runners are the easiest to kill, but they are usually in groups which makes them hard that way. You have to kill a lot of them if you can't maintain stealth.

Moab

Quote from: MacWa77ace on January 25, 2023, 10:59:34 AM$99? Yikes. Does anyone know what the price of those in the 50's, 60's?

I can't really find many reviews on the Italian ones. But a 3 star [out of 5] review on them said that the Mexican ones were better for half the price.

IIRC the crappy one I handled many years ago, probably from the 50,60's, had a wobble to the blade if you grabbed the tip and moved it side to side. And if you pulled hard on the blade to the side the grip flexed also. I do this test on all knives. I owned a US Navy pilot survival switch blade at the time and that one did none of that flexing and wobbling, so the one I held turned me off of that stiletto design.

The runners are the easiest to kill, but they are usually in groups which makes them hard that way. You have to kill a lot of them if you can't maintain stealth.

Ya. The ones I held were the same way. Really really crappy. It just looks like a really poor design. I don't think they cost much back in the 70s and 80s.

Those I posted look the same. But at $99 I just assume they must be better in some way(?!).

I like your iwb pick knife idea best. Plus you can find them in the 2 inch range. Which makes them legal in LA. Iirc. 

MacWa77ace

I'm thinking $5 in 1960 dollars which is $50 in todays dollars. Price doesn't always mean quality.

Quote from: Moab on January 25, 2023, 03:56:57 PMI like your iwb pick knife idea best. Plus you can find them in the 2 inch range. Which makes them legal in LA. Iirc.

Double check your laws. If that's considered a dirk or dagger its illegal at any size. https://knifeup.com/knife-laws/

Is a flipper considered a switchblade. No IMO. So you can get a flipper folder any size.
Is assisted open a switchblade? Not by definition. So anysize assisted would be legal also. But check precedents first, Cali would rather fuck you first and then say oops didn't mean it after you're already pregnant.

Its just the auto knives that need to be 2" or less.

LEGAL IN CALI:
Bowie knives are legal.
Large knives are legal (no restrictions in size).
Carrying knives in the open is legal in California.
Carrying knives concealed is legal in California for most knives.
Switchblades with a blade less than 2 inches long.

ILLEGAL IN CALI
A ballistic knife, as prohibited by Section 21110.
A belt buckle knife, as prohibited by Section 20410.
A cane sword, as prohibited by Section 20510.
A concealed dirk or dagger, as prohibited by Section 21310.
A leaded cane or an instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a billy, blackjack, sandbag, sandclub, sap, or slungshot, as prohibited by Section 22210.
A lipstick case knife, as prohibited by Section 20610.
Metal knuckles, as prohibited by Section 21810.
A nunchaku, as prohibited by Section 22010.
A shobi-zue, as prohibited by Section 20710.
A writing pen knife, as prohibited by Section 20910.
The California Attorney General has concluded that a "butterfly knife" is considered a switchblade.  68 Ops. Cal. Atty. Gen. 332.
"Balisong" and Tekna sheath-retracting knives are considered prohibited switchblades. See People ex rel. Mautner v. Quattrone, 260 Cal. Rptr. 44 (Ct. App. 1989).

Moab

Quote from: MacWa77ace on January 25, 2023, 04:25:47 PMI'm thinking $5 in 1960 dollars which is $50 in todays dollars. Price doesn't always mean quality.

Quote from: Moab on January 25, 2023, 03:56:57 PMI like your iwb pick knife idea best. Plus you can find them in the 2 inch range. Which makes them legal in LA. Iirc.

Double check your laws. If that's considered a dirk or dagger its illegal at any size. https://knifeup.com/knife-laws/

Is a flipper considered a switchblade. No IMO. So you can get a flipper folder any size.
Is assisted open a switchblade? Not by definition. So anysize assisted would be legal also. But check precedents first, Cali would rather fuck you first and then say oops didn't mean it after you're already pregnant.

Its just the auto knives that need to be 2" or less.

LEGAL IN CALI:
Bowie knives are legal.
Large knives are legal (no restrictions in size).
Carrying knives in the open is legal in California.
Carrying knives concealed is legal in California for most knives.
Switchblades with a blade less than 2 inches long.

ILLEGAL IN CALI
A ballistic knife, as prohibited by Section 21110.
A belt buckle knife, as prohibited by Section 20410.
A cane sword, as prohibited by Section 20510.
A concealed dirk or dagger, as prohibited by Section 21310.
A leaded cane or an instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a billy, blackjack, sandbag, sandclub, sap, or slungshot, as prohibited by Section 22210.
A lipstick case knife, as prohibited by Section 20610.
Metal knuckles, as prohibited by Section 21810.
A nunchaku, as prohibited by Section 22010.
A shobi-zue, as prohibited by Section 20710.
A writing pen knife, as prohibited by Section 20910.
The California Attorney General has concluded that a "butterfly knife" is considered a switchblade.  68 Ops. Cal. Atty. Gen. 332.
"Balisong" and Tekna sheath-retracting knives are considered prohibited switchblades. See People ex rel. Mautner v. Quattrone, 260 Cal. Rptr. 44 (Ct. App. 1989).
In my research I uncovered half a dozen other sites that contradicted this site. Or were more current with confusing detailed case law. And the case law on this and various city codes is a nightmare. And changes frequently. 

As with firearms, California likes to frighten people into owning no weapons. As it would require the opinion of a private atty to make sure you were covered. 

Plus you can't get any one jurisdiction to give any updated information on which type of various opening devices are legal either. And the ones that do give (outdated information) are to confusing to bet your night in jail on. I literally consulted with an engineer on the states description of assisted opening. He couldnt6figure it out either. 

I spent the better part of week over on a knife forum debating and posting case law and codes to try to make sense of it all. And I still didn't walk away feeling very confident about what would or would not end you up in jail. Additionally, as you traveled up or down the 5 freeway. 

To play it "safe" I limited myself to a 3 inch unassisted folder or a 2 inch switchblade that only opened out the side. And even then I am still nervous carrying one.

At this point it would be legally clearer to ccw a pistol in Los Angeles county. Than to carry a knife. As they just approved a new ccw for pistols that are on the California roster. (We are only allowed to purchase firearms from a limited list issued by the state gov. How draconion is that?)

But if you can present a real need, pass a background and training. You can now ccw a pistol in Los Angeles county. But again as you traverse various freeways in the LA basin you drive in and out of various counties. Not just Los Angeles. 

Its basically a mess here. The governer has his own national guard. And his vast jurisdiction is located in two small areas of the state. San Francisco and Los Angeles. So he doesn't listen to anyone. The rest of the state is largely Republican. (I am neither for the record.)

We also don't have any laws that protect renters. For example. In the nations most liberal state you'd think we would. You have to supply your own fridge and sometimes stove. You never get your deposit back. And landlords don't have to repair anything. I tried to find an atty to represent me on a renting issue a few years ago. I could only find one. And he was booked. As there is no money in only losing cases. 

It's exhausting living here. Everything from the traffic that confines you to a 10 mile radius. The assholes that live here. To the laws. 

MacWa77ace

I used that site because its Florida info was correct. And because on a initial search I couldn't find the cali dot gov site with its statutes and laws.

But here is this officail one. Unfortunately there are 100 Bills that reference the word knife.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/statquery

A total of 100 statutes were found and are presented in an order that reflects the number of occurrences of the keywords.

BILL NUMBER: SB 1080 CHAPTERED 09/30/10 : 958708 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 3314 CHAPTERED 09/30/96 : 2750 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 202 CHAPTERED 09/30/97 : 44207 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 23 CHAPTERED 07/19/99 : 100970 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 692 CHAPTERED 09/26/96 : 99396 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 274 CHAPTERED 07/31/01 : 3742 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 180 CHAPTERED 10/11/93 : 97833 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1222 CHAPTERED 07/18/95 : 25870 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 78 CHAPTERED 08/04/97 : 71179 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 578 CHAPTERED 07/31/01 : 27052 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 359 CHAPTERED 07/13/99 : 30824 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 626 CHAPTERED 10/14/01 : 42546 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1266 CHAPTERED 09/08/93 : 21617 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2720 CHAPTERED 09/30/96 : 26908 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 870 CHAPTERED 10/11/09 : 15356 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1241 CHAPTERED 09/30/08 : 145001 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1232 CHAPTERED 08/23/04 : 161842 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1955 CHAPTERED 09/01/00 : 174310 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 647 CHAPTERED 10/01/93 : 12890 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 352 CHAPTERED 06/21/02 : 3310 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 482 CHAPTERED 03/30/94 : 151943 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1023 CHAPTERED 06/27/12 : 367788 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 109 CHAPTERED 04/04/11 : 1523772 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 342 CHAPTERED 10/11/93 : 9416 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 292 CHAPTERED 10/01/93 : 17859 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1045 CHAPTERED 09/29/94 : 43494 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2470 CHAPTERED 09/30/08 : 15253 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1033 CHAPTERED 07/10/08 : 5286 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1188 CHAPTERED 10/10/99 : 4735 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1402 CHAPTERED 09/07/11 : 249184 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 966 CHAPTERED 10/16/95 : 49404 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1115 CHAPTERED 08/23/10 : 546676 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 166 CHAPTERED 07/30/01 : 8336 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 986 CHAPTERED 10/13/13 : 15044 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2537 CHAPTERED 09/21/12 : 12558 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 383 CHAPTERED 08/12/13 : 1281509 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 3816 CHAPTERED 09/30/94 : 2155 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1197 CHAPTERED 09/20/14 : 26666 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 3470 CHAPTERED 07/05/96 : 394942 bytes
BILL NUMBER: ACR 120 CHAPTERED 05/09/94 : 4637 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1330 CHAPTERED 09/27/10 : 1305981 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1375 CHAPTERED 09/23/96 : 44988 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1901 CHAPTERED 09/18/02 : 13314 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 117 CHAPTERED 06/30/11 : 300589 bytes
BILL NUMBER: ABX1 17 CHAPTERED 09/21/11 : 310820 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2834 CHAPTERED 09/26/96 : 15369 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2543 CHAPTERED 09/30/94 : 17365 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1652 CHAPTERED 10/11/93 : 19878 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2212 CHAPTERED 09/21/16 : 21833 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1422 CHAPTERED 09/26/02 : 6162 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 671 CHAPTERED 07/14/99 : 6278 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 662 CHAPTERED 07/12/02 : 6342 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 635 CHAPTERED 10/10/99 : 52950 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2536 CHAPTERED 09/21/16 : 25147 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1729 CHAPTERED 09/21/12 : 25685 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2171 CHAPTERED 09/21/12 : 7834 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1411 CHAPTERED 06/26/03 : 8065 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 412 CHAPTERED 10/06/97 : 7899 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 243 CHAPTERED 09/24/97 : 29547 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 744 CHAPTERED 07/20/07 : 76926 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 194 CHAPTERED 10/07/05 : 9662 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1171 CHAPTERED 07/23/12 : 1359749 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1454 CHAPTERED 09/29/06 : 9796 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2668 CHAPTERED 09/30/10 : 39483 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 177 CHAPTERED 08/07/15 : 40361 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 256 CHAPTERED 10/10/13 : 10719 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1198 CHAPTERED 10/11/93 : 10074 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 881 CHAPTERED 07/14/15 : 10817 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1732 CHAPTERED 07/23/12 : 10755 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 420 CHAPTERED 09/27/14 : 11164 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 653 CHAPTERED 10/04/01 : 11553 bytes
BILL NUMBER: ABX1 74 CHAPTERED 09/20/94 : 13705 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 86 CHAPTERED 09/30/08 : 13997 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1077 CHAPTERED 09/11/12 : 61462 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 936 CHAPTERED 10/11/93 : 64997 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 3351 CHAPTERED 09/30/96 : 1205746 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 830 CHAPTERED 09/05/95 : 13998 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1859 CHAPTERED 09/23/16 : 16972 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 510 CHAPTERED 09/17/02 : 19314 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 144 CHAPTERED 05/15/06 : 285787 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2170 CHAPTERED 09/15/04 : 24126 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 295 CHAPTERED 08/30/99 : 23337 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1456 CHAPTERED 09/19/96 : 25464 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1156 CHAPTERED 10/09/11 : 27007 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 3291 CHAPTERED 09/30/94 : 188132 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 144 CHAPTERED 10/09/11 : 37901 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1527 CHAPTERED 09/28/12 : 41070 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2318 CHAPTERED 09/22/06 : 42129 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 117 CHAPTERED 09/18/98 : 48148 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 1541 CHAPTERED 10/04/95 : 66023 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 944 CHAPTERED 10/02/11 : 68935 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 280 CHAPTERED 09/22/05 : 79561 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 2053 CHAPTERED 09/29/94 : 504075 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 281 CHAPTERED 10/10/15 : 91906 bytes
BILL NUMBER: AB 2324 CHAPTERED 09/30/10 : 102621 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 851 CHAPTERED 09/22/03 : 120521 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 132 CHAPTERED 10/14/07 : 118104 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 821 CHAPTERED 10/11/09 : 292595 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 1546 CHAPTERED 09/28/94 : 353266 bytes
BILL NUMBER: SB 600 CHAPTERED 07/14/03 : 1148383 bytes

If you go to this site and do the initial search and get these returns, you can click on each active link to pull up the Bill and then hit F3 in your browser to search the page for a keyword and type in 'knife', it pulls up the word knife in every instance in the document so you don't have to read thru none pertinent stuff.

BILL NUMBER: SB 1080 CHAPTERED 09/30/10
17235.  As used in this part, "switchblade knife" means a knife
having the appearance of a pocketknife and includes a spring-blade
knife, snap-blade knife, gravity knife, or any other similar type
knife, the blade or blades of which are two or more inches in length
and which can be released automatically by a flick of a button,
pressure on the handle, flip of the wrist or other mechanical device,
or is released by the weight of the blade or by any type of
mechanism whatsoever. "Switchblade knife" does not include a knife
that opens with one hand utilizing thumb pressure applied solely to
the blade of the knife or a thumb stud attached to the blade,
provided that the knife has a detent or other mechanism that provides
resistance that must be overcome in opening the blade, or that
biases the blade back toward its closed position.

Disclaimer: This information is for entertainment purposes only and is ridiculously off topic. [/derail]

flybynight

QuoteWe also don't have any laws that protect renters. For example. In the nations most liberal state you'd think we would. You have to supply your own fridge and sometimes stove. You never get your deposit back. And landlords don't have to repair anything. 

As a former California Land Lord I beg to differ.    I had renters stop paying rent for up to a year  , with no discourse to have them removed . While still having to provide services and repairs to the rental .  

I will never again own a rental because of what crap we went through in that sorry state
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

12_Gauge_Chimp

Friendly mod reminder to try and get the conversation back to the "The Last of Us" TV show and not on how renting sucks in whatever state.

I have a feeling that particular topic can devolve into politics really quickly and I'd hate to have to lock this thread because of that.

flybynight

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on January 26, 2023, 02:07:33 PMFriendly mod reminder to try and get the conversation back to the "The Last of Us" TV show and not on how renting sucks in whatever state.

I have a feeling that particular topic can devolve into politics really quickly and I'd hate to have to lock this thread because of that.
OOPS .  drifting is  so

effortless
"Hey idiot, you should feel your pulse, not see it."  Echo 83

Moab

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on January 26, 2023, 02:07:33 PMFriendly mod reminder to try and get the conversation back to the "The Last of Us" TV show and not on how renting sucks in whatever state.

Totally agree. There are a couple threads like this. And I am a participant in each. Duly noted. 

12_Gauge_Chimp

No worries, guys.

As long as we can get back on track, it's all good.

Speaking of which, the little details we've all noticed about type of knife or how crappy it is, the average viewer probably won't pick up on that.

Likewise, they won't have that little in their head screaming "Pick up the extra ammo and supplies just laying around, you dumbass!" as the characters pass by them. Very few, if any, shows are made with preppers in mind. Those that are don't seem to last very long because the average viewer has like a ten second attention span and gets distracted really easily.

There's also that problem where folks just don't want to learn anything new or watch anything educational. They just want to be entertained.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk