Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: flybynight on Today at 08:35:53 PMWAIT... Can you hear that?  Sounds like the Chinese laughing at us and the federal response to their attack dry run test flight

Man, the Chinese and the rest of the world have laughing at us for a long time before this.

This is just a regular Saturday for them.
WAIT... Can you hear that?  Sounds like the Chinese laughing at us and the federal response to their attack dry run test flight
Let There Be Light! / Re: Review: Sofirn IF25A
Last post by EBuff75 - Today at 07:52:09 PM
I used my thermal imager to see how hot the light really gets.  In normal high mode it was around 140-145F after running for a little over a minute.  When I jumped it up to turbo I saw as much as 158F!  That's definitely "a hot little handful"!

You cannot view this attachment.
Current Events of Note / Re: Chinese Spy Balloon/"Civil...
Last post by NT2C - Today at 07:47:14 PM
Quote from: Anianna on Today at 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: NT2C on Today at 02:28:01 PM
Quote from: Anianna on Today at 12:43:02 PMOur government and military have eyes on it.  I'm sure they've at least considered that possibility in their determination how to handle it.

Is that supposed to be a comforting and reassuring thought?  Because...  :panic:

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on Today at 02:34:33 PM
Quote from: Anianna on Today at 12:43:02 PMOur government and military have eyes on it.  I'm sure they've at least considered that possibility in their determination how to handle it.

Is that supposed to be a comforting and reassuring thought?  Because...  :panic:

I think most people would have more faith in a wet fart than they would the Feds.

Guys, I'm not saying they're guaranteed to make the best decision about it, just that they at least thought about it before they made the decision.  😂

Quote from: majorhavoc on Today at 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: echo83 on Today at 02:13:50 PMWell, we just took it out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64524105

When do we start the USA! USA! USA! chant?
Anianna wins the toaster oven!  :smiley_clap:
Whoohoo!

One official UFoZS Toaster Oven (in the official UFoZS shade of teal) coming right up... just as soon as the chimps in the detention area finish building it, so 2-3 weeks.
Films and Videos / Re: Love and Monsters
Last post by Brekar - Today at 07:43:49 PM
Yeah I've seen it. It's not horrible or great, but not unwatchable. If I remember correctly I watched it on Amazon Prime. The gist of the movie is the destruction of an asteroid headed for Earth releases chemical fallout, causing cold-blooded animals to mutate into large monsters and kill off most of humanity. The main character find shelter in a different bunker than the one his girlfriend ends up in, they can communicate via a radio so he gathers supplies and treks out to find her, hi-jinks ensues.
Survival Planning with Family and Pets / Odd pet behavior.
Last post by Moab - Today at 05:46:04 PM
I finally figured out where I can leave a cup outside. Without my dogs immediately destroying it the second I go inside to get something. The barbecue.

Normally I'd sit in our patio furniture at a normal height patio table. And if I forgot and went inside without taking my cup of whatever with me. My dogs, especially Giles the border collie, would immediately knock the cup or 20oz carafe I use for coffee, on the ground and drink all of it. Giles especially likes coffee. Not that he needs anymore energy. Lol. If he knocked off my sugar free Crystal Light he would barely touch it. But coffee or milk is a real prize around here. While in the house I have to guard it. And any cup of anything gets up ended if not guarded every second. 

But no amount of consequences has cured either the border collie or 80lb german shepherd of not drinking out of or knocking cups over and devouring the contents.

But our patio cushions took a beating this winter. And I have a new barbecue placed up under the patio. And ended up rearranging my sitting placement outside. Next to the barbecue.

This was mostly due to the fact that my year long switch from cigarettes to a vape. Had led me more inside. And getting my vape down to only 3mgs of nicotine from 50mgs. Ended a few weeks ago. When I had a bad day and found an old half a pack stashed on top of an armoire. And started smoking outside again. Ya. I'm pretty crushed too! It had been a year. And I was almost ready to ditch the vape. So that battle will begin again. Shortly. 

But ever since moving next to the barbecue. And placing my coffee and water cups on it. The dogs have not gone near either. Even when I go inside for fairly long periods of time.

I think the reason is they respect the barbecue. Because whenever I am around or they are - and its hot. They know from the heat and my few corrections to stay away from it. My german shepherd is even afraid of it. And has been since a puppy. She will immediately go into her crate whenever I fire up the barbecue.

But anyway. Its a nice respite from having to eagle eye my every cup of coffee. Or having to remember to carry it with me. No matter how tiny the amount of time I go inside.

It's interesting how dogs behave. Sometimes you spend months trying to train or alter a set behavior. And its often that one tiny clue that gives you the edge. And suddenly they are doing exactly what you wanted them to do. Or not. Lol.

You cannot view this attachment.
Films and Videos / Re: 1923
Last post by 12_Gauge_Chimp - Today at 05:25:44 PM
Harrison Ford is like 80 years old, isn't he ?

Honestly, I'm surprised he's still taking acting roles and hasn't retired by now.
Last post by Brekar - Today at 05:22:13 PM
Yeah my 1st few thoughts were either it's a dry run for a new pandemic that "starts" in the USA (i.e. zombies, new version of avian flu etc), or dry run for some sort of cyber attack of a trial run for an EMP. I noticed they shot it down then mentioned in nearly the same breath that there's another balloon over Latin America.
Films and Videos / 1923
Last post by Moab - Today at 05:11:48 PM
I know this isn't specifically prepper related. But there are a few valuable gems. Although I'm just writing to share my opinion on the series.

This is chronologically the third series in the Yellowstone franchise. 1883, 1923 and Yellowstone. If you haven't watch any try 1883. Its one of the best westerns I've ever seen. (Did I write about this already?!) After watching it I researched every western I could find. Going back to the beginning. And I could find nothing like it. Or as good.

Its a young female lead. Played by the future Oscar nominee (thats how much she made me cry in this) Isabel Mae.

But anyway. 1923. Great cast of characters. Jerome Flynn from Game of Thrones fame. And Helen Mirren who has truly gained her stride as an older leader of the largest ranch in Montana. Circa 1923.

Its a great show. I highly encourage you to watch it.

But the only let down is Harrison Ford. He plays the lead somewhat. Meaning there isn't alot of him after the first three episodes. But it remains to be seen how much more of him we will see. As episode 6 airs this weekend. I think.

Unfortunately his "country accent" or whatever the F he is playing comes off simply stupid and weak. I don't know if its his age. Or his choices here. But his character is supposed be the lead. And the owner of the Yellowstone ranch in 1923. Which is full of rough men. And he is supposed to be the alpha. That has led his men and family thru extremely tough times.

But he looks so old. And acts so dopey. He comes off like a stupid cowpoke in a saturday matinee of old. Fortunately there is enough other screen real estate and superior talents and writing to whisk by him. But man. Its really bad.

And a let down. Because the creator has always had such great casting in this franchise. Covering actual new ground in the beat to death western genre. But I don't think Harrison warranted a screen test or audition. Because I think if anyone saw his rendition of a cowboy. They would have run laughing.

Sad to see one of my favorite actors stumble like this. One of my all time favorite movies being Bladerunner.

So anyway. I don't know if its his age. If it is I feel bad. But he actually fails to bring a leading presence to this vital role.

But other than him its a great show. Very much worth the watch. As is the rest of the franchise.

*Lastly, one takeaway from this franchise and some research I did because of it. Is the fact that if you split the US down the middle. 70% of the people in the US live on the eastern half. And only 30% live on the western half. Geographically speaking. The west having much more wide open spaces.

I think that makes for a significant cultural difference. As westerners tend to live life in the wider open spaces? And easterners seem to be more comfortable living in closer proximity to one another. It's a huge generalization. But I was fascinated by that fact. And have always wondered why people from each coast had often a hard time adjusting. When they move to the opposite coast.

Anyway. I was surprised to find that last fact out. I'll try to find the map. But it was generally just a line drawn down the middle of the US. Equal distance coast to coast.

Last post by Anianna - Today at 03:10:41 PM

Quote from: 12_Gauge_Chimp on Today at 02:34:33 PM

I think most people would have more faith in a wet fart than they would the Feds.

Guys, I'm not saying they're guaranteed to make the best decision about it, just that they at least thought about it before they made the decision.  😂

Quote from: majorhavoc on Today at 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: echo83 on Today at 02:13:50 PMWell, we just took it out.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64524105

When do we start the USA! USA! USA! chant?
Anianna wins the toaster oven!  :smiley_clap:
Whoohoo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk